Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Amsoil  (Read 3603 times)

tejasx

Re: Amsoil
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2008, 12:51:58 PM »

Looks like the warehouse is located in Arlington. I know of a few waterin' holes in that area, so it's not too far away.  ;D

Thanks MRVTX! I'll give that a try. It cuts the cost of what I can get it for here by 1/2.  O0

I'll be sure to bring you a beer or two to BBT V this year.

The warehouse is across the street from where I work.

Now I know where it is.

Yeah Al, you have been to my work place, you can see the Amsoil dealer from my parking lot.

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2008, 06:26:18 PM »

Looks like the warehouse is located in Arlington. I know of a few waterin' holes in that area, so it's not too far away.  ;D

Thanks MRVTX! I'll give that a try. It cuts the cost of what I can get it for here by 1/2.  O0

I'll be sure to bring you a beer or two to BBT V this year.

The warehouse is across the street from where I work.

Now I know where it is.

Yeah Al, you have been to my work place, you can see the Amsoil dealer from my parking lot.

I know. Some probably took my reply as a smart Cranberries'd answer but I really do know where it is now.  O0
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

youngblood

• Tejano
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2008, 10:46:07 PM »

MRVTX, How about a Houston hook up. After reading your post I feel the need for Amsoil.

Thanks.
2006 1800 F2 for now

Morgan Buchanan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
    • Fantastic Opportunity!  Look and ask me about it!
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2008, 06:47:22 AM »

I didn't know where it was, nor the GM plant, but I looked.. now I know where the Amsoil place is AND where the GM plant is!  LOL
My now long gone VTX...

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2008, 08:35:52 AM »

I'm with youngblood...us Houston folks could use a hook up for Amsoil...after all you guys raving about it I will probably switch over to it myself.
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2008, 09:34:31 AM »

MRVTX, How about a Houston hook up. After reading your post I feel the need for Amsoil.

Thanks.

I'm with youngblood...us Houston folks could use a hook up for Amsoil...after all you guys raving about it I will probably switch over to it myself.

Well, we did have a guy in our group who was a dealer, but I'm not sure if he is still doing it.  What I do is just buy a case of it, and then I know I'm covered for quite awhile.  It's certainly cheaper than buying it at a retail store and paying the markup.

TX-Techman

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2008, 11:01:52 PM »

I have been using Amsoil in all me vehicles for many years.  I generally run the SSO Series (35000 mile rated) and Amsoil Filters (now 25000 mile rated) in my cars and run 25K between changes. 

I run the MCF Series (8000 mile rated) and Amsoil Filter on my VTX.  I put it in at 4K and now have about 5500 on the bike, it made a great difference.  The gearbox is much quiter and it shifts much smoother than before.  I will probably test around 8K to determine how much further I can go.  Another point is that filters are not created equal, the Amsoil filters have MUCH more media than the honda line or other OEM filters giving them a much longer life as well.  There is a lot of information online, below are some links you may be interested in.

Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.amsoil.com/frequent.aspx

Warranty Information
http://www.amsoil.com/warranty.aspx

Oil Comparisions
http://www.amsoil.com/products/streetbikes/WhitePaper.aspx

Oil Samples
https://www.amsoil.com/storefront/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=98

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2008, 06:53:18 PM »

I run the MCF Series (8000 mile rated)

I believe you meant 16,000-mile rated (2x the normal rating of dino)!  O0

TX-Techman

« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2008, 09:47:24 PM »

Actually Amsoil Statement is

SERVICE LIFE
For “on-road” use in engines and transmissions, change AMSOIL MCF and AMSOIL engine oil filter at twice the motorcycle manufacturer change interval or one year, whichever comes first. Change other brand oil filters at standard intervals.

You can find it at this link https://www.amsoil.com/storefront/mcf.aspx, scroll down it is near the bottom.

Morgan Buchanan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
    • Fantastic Opportunity!  Look and ask me about it!
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2008, 10:10:15 PM »

And if you don't believe it, take a sample and send it off for testing.
My now long gone VTX...

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2008, 11:47:28 PM »

Actually Amsoil Statement is

SERVICE LIFE
For “on-road” use in engines and transmissions, change AMSOIL MCF and AMSOIL engine oil filter at twice the motorcycle manufacturer change interval or one year, whichever comes first. Change other brand oil filters at standard intervals.

You can find it at this link https://www.amsoil.com/storefront/mcf.aspx, scroll down it is near the bottom.

Correct, and my 1300 manual says to change the oil every 8,000 miles!  If I double that, that makes 16,000 miles.  I hope I'm not making this complicated...just want to make sure we, Amsoil & Honda are putting out correct statements.

hooter

« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2008, 10:57:52 AM »

All I can say is it might last 8,000 or even 16,000 with filter change, but it won't in my bike cause I won't give it the chance.  O0 O0 O0 O0
It's worth it to me to spend the extra few bucks to be sure and not depend on somebody else's word or well written artical to protect my investment or life, which ever the case may be.
I'm not shorting or cutting anybody down, but I'm what you may call "Old School" because I was taught a long time ago that clean oil means a Happy Motor and many miles of smiles. Just my $.02

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2008, 11:35:18 AM »

I guess that makes me "new school"... I haven't been around long enough to know any better!  :)

So, Hooter, how often do you change your oil then, and do you use Amsoil?  Just curious.

hooter

« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2008, 12:18:55 PM »

I change oil and filter (Amsoil filter) at 5,000 or about mileage wise. Yes I do use Amsoil because my motor runs, seems too anyway, cooler and the tranny doesn't have as much gear noise when shifting gears, especially 1st and 2nd. 

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2008, 05:55:12 PM »

When I switched to Royal Purple (from BelRay synthetic) my oil temp gauge ran about five degrees cooler. I then went to Amsoil once it became available locally, and I continued to run about the same oil temp. From all I've read and seen, I believe that Amsoil is the top dog. Mobil One and Royal Purple, in that order, would be my #2 and #3 choices; Mobil One is available cheaper than Royal Purple. I do believe that the RP is as good as the M1 qualitywise, although the RP has a slightly higher moly content.
02 1800C
Pages: 1 [2] 3

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal