Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Reliable local shop  (Read 924 times)

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
Reliable local shop
« on: January 25, 2008, 09:27:14 PM »

So being a brand new XRider I'm wanting to know who has the best reputation for working on 1300's in the Houston area.  I just bought a new 1300C and while under warranty I would like to know where to take her when needed.  After the warranty is out, I know that this is the garage I will frequent for help, lol.
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
Re: Reliable local shop
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 09:43:58 AM »

If you're wanting to learn how to work on your bike I can show you how to do all of the basic maintenance type stuff like oil changes, valve adjustments, brake bleeding, etc., and which tools you'll need to do the jobs.

If you're wanting to find someone to work on it for you, host a few tech sessions as your maintenance comes due; there are quite a few Xers locally who are adept at these tasks. They will usually show up with tools in hand at the prospect of burgers & beer.
02 1800C

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 09:56:34 AM »

Will work for burgers and beer?????  Sounds like a deal.  I will probably even throw in some chips too  ;D
I have just moved to the VTX 1300C from a Kawasaki Vulcan 750.  I bought the 750 used and abused and have ended up pulling the engine 3 times in the last 2 years.  I wear my "wrench wench" title proudly.  So changing out oil, coolant and minor repairs does not scare me off at all.  But it is nice to have someone around who knows the specifics of a bike, if for no other reason then just for the companionship.  My husband and I decided that we wanted to definately go brand new on this bike cause I am ready to ride more than repair which is how my last 2 years have been spent.  When the time comes for basic maintenance and minor repairs that are not warranty covered, then I will definately post an invite to a tech session.  Thanks hipshot
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

ruger9mm

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 05:09:08 PM »

I use C&C Cycles in the Woodlands, I X is still under warranty but I will use him for maintenance issues.
281-419-8786  ask for Rob

As for Burgers and Beer I may take some of yuse guys up on that offer.
William
06 1300 Retro

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal