Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Handlebar mitt review  (Read 2272 times)

SouthernXer

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • BRAD Allen, Texas
    • Me playing music
Re: Handlebar mitt review
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2008, 10:40:09 PM »

Mighty fine FJ!   O0  I am a member of the LSJC.  If you ever do get back up this way let me know.  I'll buy the first round.

sherri

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • The Woodlands
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2008, 11:20:56 PM »

The safety part still scares me a little but if they work for you. You might try a permant black marker to cover the graphics works on a lot of things.

sherri

If you ever see me with horns sticking out of my helmet
call an ambulance  .  .  .  .    I’ve hit a deer

DarwinVTX

• Rider
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2008, 06:15:12 AM »

Ah the good ol' military M998. Works like a charm. :)

What are you smokin?
care to share?
-Darwin-

~~Carpe Noctem~~

Morgan Buchanan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
    • Fantastic Opportunity!  Look and ask me about it!
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2008, 10:50:22 AM »

Like many things, you'd have to put your hand in it to understand it rather than just look at little pics on the web.  Having used them for a month or so on, I won't disagree, actually.  They're probably less safe than not using them.  But they're probably safer than driving with frozen hands. 
My now long gone VTX...

Txcruiser

• Old Timer
    • TxCruiser's MySpace
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2008, 02:47:01 PM »

What are you smokin?
care to share?

It was in reference to the Hummer picture, the M998 is the military designation for a High Mobility Multi-purpose Wheeled Vehicle (HMMWV) or Humvee.

DarwinVTX

• Rider
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2008, 12:37:49 AM »

What are you smokin?
care to share?

It was in reference to the Hummer picture, the M998 is the military designation for a High Mobility Multi-purpose Wheeled Vehicle (HMMWV) or Humvee.

Oh have no fear i know quite well what an M998 is... i know its sisters too... the m1117... M1114... and a few more the Deuce and the 5ton... i know them all much to well...

but the 998 is just not that good of a vehicle... Military vehicles are the only ones i know that can break just sitting in a motorpool...

i mean my Shadow sits alot... gets driven about 3 or 4 times a month and when i go home it still rides like its supposed to... Bah... your smokin something if you think the 998 is a good truck...

D
-Darwin-

~~Carpe Noctem~~

Txcruiser

• Old Timer
    • TxCruiser's MySpace
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2008, 08:36:51 AM »

Guess it all depends on how well your mechanics take care of the rides. Mine sits around often and it works great. 

6.2L GM Diesel, pretty simple to work on, TH400 Tranny, pretty common and has never failed me when needed, I use them for Rescue vehicles mostly, we get floods around here and very few vehicles can traverse 4-5 feet of water and still work the rest of the week.

Building another one, more for a toy than anything.  May go with the Gasoline engine in it.  Time and money and someday it will be completed.

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2008, 02:41:07 PM »

There's a Kalifornica company doing 502 conversions for the Hummers..... decent low-end torque and still pretty snappy on the highway, from what I hear.
02 1800C

Txcruiser

• Old Timer
    • TxCruiser's MySpace
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2008, 08:52:03 AM »

Yep, I have met a few Hummer owners who have done that, but I am still a tad adventurous and want it to be functional underwater like it was designed for. Actually that 502 is cheaper than a Humvee 6.2 engine, so it's an option, but still holding out for my diesel.  Just in case ya know.

DarwinVTX

• Rider
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2008, 12:17:26 PM »

I cant argue with that TXcruiser.... our mechanics do the bare minimum in the army.... some do a damn good job... others just do what needs to be done to get off for the day...

Biggest complaint so far with the Hmmwvs... is a simple one... why not make them all like they made the 1042a2s (i think thats the right nomenclature for it... Larger load capacity... and faster when the truck has no wieght

-Darwin-

~~Carpe Noctem~~
Pages: 1 [2]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal