Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Need Geezer advice, Yes I am one.  (Read 3509 times)

Morgan Buchanan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
    • Fantastic Opportunity!  Look and ask me about it!
Re: Need Geezer advice, Yes I am one.
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2008, 07:46:07 AM »

Ignoring the smart-asses...  LOL

My shoulder has been destroyed, and reconstructed and messed up again.  i'm not fat, but I'm not thin as a rail.  I'm about 6'3" and weigh right at 200 pounds NOW.  I lost over 40 pounds in 2007.  But what yoga has done for me is, without going to the gym and lifting weights and stuff, has helped me add muscle tone and core strength.  This addition of core strength and increased flexibility has made for a much healthier 38 year old Morgan than I've been in a very long time... and I wasn't TERRIBLE off to begin with.

I'm watching a woman in my class who's in her low 50s who's been developing a bit of a shoulder hump start to LOSE that, in pretty short order.  She's standing straighter, and moving better. 

Off to go do my morning routine, shortly.  :)
My now long gone VTX...

ViciousNoob

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2008, 09:51:51 AM »

Hey, at least you didn't ask about tire pressure and end up getting "ribbed for my pleasure, pink, vagina air filled tire" stuff!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I floated that one up like a softball and it got smacked the hell outta the park!! O0
If I wasn't n00b, I sure would want to be!!! ;-)

hobo

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Cedar Creek Lake
    • westcherry.com
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2008, 10:08:16 AM »

Hey, at least you didn't ask about tire pressure and end up getting "ribbed for my pleasure, pink, vagina air filled tire" stuff!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I floated that one up like a softball and it got smacked the hell outta the park!! O0

Your thread did get kinda' tore up. I think we all behaved ourselves fairly well until the "pink air" thing happened. That was just too much to pass up for a bunch of clowns like us.  :)
My 2003 1800C lives at the shores of Cedar Creek Lake in Mabank, Texas
Don't make me get nekkid!... Smell The Bumper... I got my cookies!

sherri

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • The Woodlands
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2008, 03:00:58 PM »

Yoga is good but I prefer Pilates. It's all about strength building and core muscles and you can go at your on pace kind of like riding. Pilates were designed for rehabilitating Vets after WWI.

On the bike side we had a very old guy (probably the oldest ride I have met) come in the dealership yesterday want to get rid of his wing for a lighter bike. Ui suppose after a certain point a wing would get heavy.

For me I plan on getting a trike when the time comes or a MP3 either way 3 wheels. 

Sherri

If you ever see me with horns sticking out of my helmet
call an ambulance  .  .  .  .    I’ve hit a deer

tom cat

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2008, 06:44:13 PM »

I have owned a trike for a long time, I bought it as a project it's still in that stage 10 years later. VW trike cool looking all major parts are there. Wireing is messed up but it could be made to go in short order. I never wanted it to ride I just thought it was cool.   

ruger9mm

• Old Timer
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2008, 08:52:36 PM »

My theory is, find a routine that works such as yoga, pilates, or some regimin.  I believe it will only benefit you in the long run.
William
06 1300 Retro

Pug

• Old Timer
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2008, 09:00:18 PM »

Yoga is good but I prefer Pilates.

Yeah, when my sons and I go fishin' for 'em on Texoma, I have the Mrs. fry some up in real butter -- though I cut back on the hush-puppies to kind of balance out the good fat / bad fat thing...  (j/k Sherry)

Several of the folks that my wife and I ride with have trikes. Some have gone to smaller or lower bikes (part of my reason for getting a cruiser and finally letting go of the Wing). Ride what makes ya happy, not what others feel compelled to ride.  O0

2006 1800R Spec2 Lightly Farkled -- RIP: ST1300 ABS / BMW R1100RT / 2008 GL1800 / 2006 VTX 1300S / 1997 Aspencade 1500

tom cat

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2008, 06:14:30 PM »

I love the X, and see no reason to get rid of it. If I had a wing now I'm not sure I would ride it more than the X. I love that v twin turn on. I am planning a ride soon around the USA, via coast roads. I see no reason for long days in the saddle,as I plan to enjoy this ride to the max.  The thing is I start hurting after around 50mi that is never enough so I ride on. At the end of a 600mi day, a hot shower and several stylish cocktails  wont do the trick now.
I look at the Iron Mistress and it's a mixed blessing, The pure joy of open road, no clock to watch, mixed with the pain of riding longer than my old carcus wants to. The ride wins every time. All goes well until around the third day of the ride when, I have a hang over from too much in the way of stylish cocktails at the end of the ride, and the asprin won't make me do it again. I do it any way.
I will do my long ride on the X because when I get home after that, a wing to go to events and long rides on will be nothing. I hope. Getting old sucks, but you do, or you don't. Its that simple. This has nothing to do with growing up, I refuse.           

Morgan Buchanan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
    • Fantastic Opportunity!  Look and ask me about it!
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2008, 06:51:27 AM »

What Ruger said... find SOMETHING and do it.  Otherwise your body will go downhill.  And it's virtually never too late to start.  You may be somewhere down that slope, but you CAN slow down as long as you're breathing.

Yeah, I'll prob get a trike someday.  But, good lord willing, it'll be a while.

I don't like Pilates after what he did to Jesus....   :o :o :o :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
My now long gone VTX...

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2008, 03:12:40 PM »

What Ruger said... find SOMETHING and do it.  Otherwise your body will go downhill.  And it's virtually never too late to start.  You may be somewhere down that slope, but you CAN slow down as long as you're breathing.

Yeah, I'll prob get a trike someday.  But, good lord willing, it'll be a while.

I don't like Pilates after what he did to Jesus....   :o :o :o :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
LOL!!!! O0 O0 ;D ;D ;D ;D
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!
Pages: 1 2 [3]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal