Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Changed Exhaust and Jets  (Read 1006 times)

Militman

• Old Timer
  • "Ride hard or get out of my way!"
Changed Exhaust and Jets
« on: January 20, 2008, 01:24:22 AM »

Hey I have a VTX 1300C. I recently put on Hard Krome 2.5 pipes on there. I then rejetted the bike using the dynajet kit. It says to use the 195 main jet and the new needle washer put it on the 3rd notch of the needle. I did all that and turned the pilot screw many times back and fourth. I have exhausted my efforts and the bike still runs like crap. Ran perfect before the rejet. The bike wants to die when taking off in first gear and again in second. I have to rev up rpms before letting go of the clutch.

My question is....Has anyone ever rejetted a 1300 before or know a lot about bikes to help me fix this problem I have here? I have seen a lot of reviews on dynajet where people say to use the #200 main jet instead of the #195 recommended by dynajet. They did and worked good. People also say to either back the needle off one notch or move it in more one more notch. Just trying to see what people did and worked for them. Thanks.

ViciousNoob

• Master Tejano Rider
Re: Changed Exhaust and Jets
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 02:43:19 AM »

CouldBFaster.....you wanna take this one???

holler at him...I have his old 1300.... Carb man he is, young jedi. O0
If I wasn't n00b, I sure would want to be!!! ;-)

DAR-Silver Surfer

• Old Timer
  • 1300R - Spring, Tx.
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2008, 11:29:55 AM »

If you did not change your air intake than you are probably runing to rich. When I tried the same thing; I wound up using a 185 main jet for it to run right. Now I have a BAC air filter and I'm using a 210 main. If you put the stock needle back in it will probably run fine. Just make sure your not running to lean.
Now known as - The Silver Surfer

da032

• Old Timer
  • McKinney, TX
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2008, 11:54:29 AM »

If you did not change your air intake than you are probably runing to rich. When I tried the same thing; I wound up using a 185 main jet for it to run right. Now I have a BAC air filter and I'm using a 210 main. If you put the stock needle back in it will probably run fine. Just make sure your not running to lean.

+1

Rejetting has more to do with the airbox than exhaust.

ruger9mm

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2008, 09:39:29 AM »

I put The V&J Big Shots on and changed to a K&N filter on my 1300R and the carbs were rejetted with 200's. 
I did have to take it back and have the 195's put in because the #200's causing the bike to stall at take off.  It may be a matter of adjustment, the mechanic said you cannot always go by the book.
William
06 1300 Retro

vtx_dave

• Trailer Queen
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 07:40:27 PM »

Put the stock jets and needle back in. Turn your airscrew out 1/4 turn.
That should be all you need. If you intall a high flow air filter like a BAK or Tornado then you need to rejet. The DJ 195 is smaller than stock. It will be lean.

Militman

• Old Timer
  • "Ride hard or get out of my way!"
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 08:46:46 PM »

Thanks for all your help guys. O0

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal