Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New Ride Texas-Boo Benefit  (Read 628 times)

PopsVTX

New Ride Texas-Boo Benefit
« on: January 15, 2008, 04:50:47 PM »

Got the latest edition today with the Top 10 awards.  Lots of good trip ideas in this one each year.  Have made it a habit to try to ride some of these roads each year.  Sure makes you wish for spring or summer weather and some 3 day weekends of cruising some great roads. 

Kinda good to notice that the BooBenefit made the Top 10 Rally list.  Great weekend in Jefferson, Texas each October (this year Oct. 10, 11, 12) and raises money for burn survivors to attend a summer camp and for a house for families who have ones in care at the burn center in Shreveport, La.  Know some of you guys are familiar with it and have seen messages about attending.  Mark your calendars and plan on a great weekend with a few thousand other bikers.

hangman

• Old Timer
Re: New Ride Texas-Boo Benefit
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 10:58:42 AM »

I was there for the first time this year (caught a nail on the way home though).  I'm thinking I'll pre-register this year.  They were out of T-shirts my size - My wife got a really nice looking one from the rally.  :(

My subscription to Ride Texas expired with out my noticing (nice magazine) - guess I got caught up in life.  Wish they came out monthly so simple minded guys like me would miss them when they stopped coming.  (me and those wild mexican Jackass's - just can't count past 2 or so they say)

PopsVTX

Re: New Ride Texas-Boo Benefit
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 03:19:48 PM »

Pre-registering would be good.  I live so close (35 miles) that I usually ride over on Friday after work and sign up then.  Always a little reluctant to pre-register.  My company tries to trick me each year and holds our fall inventory in October; usually the same weekend as the Boo Run.  Sure enough they scheduled it for the benefit weekend again this year.  After whining and begging I managed to get the inventory changed to the following weekend so that about 10 of us can head that way on Friday, get registered, couple of cold ones at Auntie Skinner's, and dodge deer on the way back to Longview.

This thread will be lost long before the benefit weekend but will post about it again later in the year...Pops

www.boobenefit.org

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal