Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Meet and Greet section of the board and other info/updates...  (Read 2782 times)

j1mmyj4m

• The Shocker
  • Administrator
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Deer Park, Tx
Meet and Greet section of the board and other info/updates...
« on: January 11, 2008, 11:29:25 AM »

Since I've been elected Pres, I haven't really done much other than get Houston's meet and greet's better organized and the same admin stuff I've been doing on the board.  I plan to start getting more Pres like.

I have a few BOD members picked out and they've been notified.  I have 1 or 2 left depending on who accepts.  Then a Vice will be picked out of the current BOD.  All info will be available hopefully soon.

As for Meet and Greets, Houston has always done well and Austin appears to be the same (I don't know participation numbers or anything).  San Antonio and Dallas/Ft. Worth on the other hand need some help.  I'm trying to help with Dallas and so far they seem interested in getting it going again.  With San Antonio, I have no idea since I haven't asked.  Would San Antonio like me to help kick start their M&G's as well or was the participation never there to start with?

I'm more than willing to do all of the up front leg work with voting on the day to have it, get the list of locations to have it and then map the locations.  What I will need help with is someone to put the info on the calendar on a weekly basis.  It is VERY time consuming to get the mapping down and any other info, but I will do it if there is interest.  I can handle keeping up with Houston weekly, but not 4 locations.

As for State Wide Meet and Greets, we need to get those going again as well.  We started with once a month and it died pretty quick.  It's a good way for everyone to get some faces with names.

Any opinions or thoughts?
Chunk the llama.

forevrtxan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • (Leander) Austin, Texas
Re: Meet and Greet section of the board and other info/updates...
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 11:32:35 AM »

I think once a month state wide M&G's sound great!!!! Or maybe one every two to three months...depending on what other members think. Great Idea!!!!  O0 O0 Maybe you should take a poll...Mr. President!!!!!
David

'05 1800R2 (with sidestand down)

Old enuff to know better....but young enuff to still do it!!!!!!

Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway~~John Wayne

All the way up in there!!!! (Quote from VTreX at BBTIII)

sgtstever

• Master Tejano Rider
  • BOHICA
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 12:22:31 PM »

I would like to see it go back to once a month statewide meet and greets.  It was like that when I first came on the board a few years ago.  They were alot of fun and good rides too.  I think we should try and get back to that.  This board has become very segregated and I think this would help.  Just my two cents.  Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. O0
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Militman

• Old Timer
  • "Ride hard or get out of my way!"
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2008, 12:38:25 PM »

Where would this meet and greet take place at?

snake

• What a ride it's been!
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2008, 12:48:25 PM »

You can think up a new song for our new prez, Stevers! ;D
Seriously, Sounds great. I would sugget having a more central M/G,and maybe something at the compass points from the center...say around Palestine for center, waco for the west, nacodoches for east, and so on. And throw in a few more western M/G for the far western groups, say somewhere 'bout Comanchee or thereabouts.

Abilene would be a good place, too, a little far for the southeastern group to ride to, but we can't make them all central to everyone all the time.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 12:53:11 PM by snake »
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2008, 01:53:15 PM »

I don't know about San Antonio having issues with their M&Gs; aren't Austin and SA rolled up under CenTex, along with the fine folks from Belton, Temple, Killeen? That's what I always thought it was, and that seems fine to me. Us Austin folks probably need to get down to SA more often, and I know I'd like to see more of the Killeen area, (other than SgtStever's BR with his wife, of course), but overall, I think we have a pretty good group.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

j1mmyj4m

• The Shocker
  • Administrator
  • Deer Park, Tx
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2008, 02:17:21 PM »

San Antonio has their own meet and greet section.  For a weekly meet I think San Antonio is pretty far from Austin.  Especially, if it's during the week.
Chunk the llama.

hookem

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Port Neches, Texas
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2008, 02:50:37 PM »

Huh, SA is closer to Austin than the Triangle is to Houston.

I think the Statewide idea is a good one, but, accept the fact that the numbers will vary greatly depending upon how far it is from a larger city. 
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 02:52:22 PM by hookem »
Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.
Ronald Reagan

j1mmyj4m

• The Shocker
  • Administrator
  • Deer Park, Tx
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2008, 02:58:36 PM »

Center to center Austin is 80 miles from San Antonio.  While some of us would ride that (pats himself in the back), that's too far for a lot of people.  Especially, if the area isn't having good luck getting people to the meet as it is (San Antonio).

The meets are good for relaxing and enjoying the company.  For those who aren't retired, 80+ miles on a week night is pretty far and all of the time would be riding instead of visiting.

It's fine if you live on the northside of SA and the meet is on the southside of Austin.  Not on the opposite sides though.

I don't mind deleting the San Antonio Meet and Greet forum, but I figured some would like some local meet ups.
Chunk the llama.

Brookster

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2008, 03:09:26 PM »

Why can't it be on a Saturday and we can have groups riding in from all four corners .
PARTY HARD RIDE HARDER !

j1mmyj4m

• The Shocker
  • Administrator
  • Deer Park, Tx
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2008, 03:13:50 PM »

The state wides will be on a weekend for sure.  I was referring to local meets.
Chunk the llama.

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2008, 03:52:02 PM »

The once a month state wide meet and greets sound good to me gives a chance to make a nice ride as well  O0
Alvin,Texas

hobo

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Cedar Creek Lake
    • westcherry.com
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2008, 06:48:49 PM »

You can think up a new song for our new prez, Stevers! ;D
Seriously, Sounds great. I would sugget having a more central M/G,and maybe something at the compass points from the center...say around Palestine for center, waco for the west, nacodoches for east, and so on. And throw in a few more western M/G for the far western groups, say somewhere 'bout Comanchee or thereabouts.

Abilene would be a good place, too, a little far for the southeastern group to ride to, but we can't make them all central to everyone all the time.

I know some excellent roads in the Palestine area. I'd be glad to scout restaurants, etc. if a M&G gets scheduled for that area.
My 2003 1800C lives at the shores of Cedar Creek Lake in Mabank, Texas
Don't make me get nekkid!... Smell The Bumper... I got my cookies!

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2008, 12:41:17 AM »

January--------,    February--------,   March  Sprang "X" Thang (Turkey Roost Camp out), April------, May BBT V,  June  R.O.T.,  July  Coloradical,   Auagust    TOO DANM HOT,    September---------,  October-----, November Lone Star Rally,   December-------,   Fill in the blanks???????    O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0     RIDE SAFE RIDE LONG     ;D ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 12:42:55 AM by VTreX »
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

snake

• What a ride it's been!
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2008, 03:36:02 AM »

I know some excellent roads in the Palestine area. I'd be glad to scout restaurants, etc. if a M&G gets scheduled for that area.
Guys, what makes a good destination restaurant for a statewide m/g?

Location, location
Good food!
Ability to handle the "gang"
Alcohol available/allowed (not a "must", I guess, but really welcome)
Good roads coming from all directions
Naked dancing girls (well maybe not naked, and maybe not "required", but damn nice to mix in!)

Mike, or anyone for that matter, if you find a deserving place, speak up. If it's next door to ya, you can ride out and catch up with a group comin' in, and still make a ride of it. We have a perfect place up here that fills the bill, except for the distance any would have to come from. I consider it for a "fringe" area meet and great, once we're rolling again. I figure a more central area to kick us off, like the mexia/palestine area, but thats not set in stone either. I guess we won't catch Anna Nicole around Mexia, but then, I've never seen Waylon at the bbt either!
Bottom line...if you find it, we will come. Anyone knowing of a good place, let us know.
I'll start a thread in the Statewide m/g area for proposed meeting places.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 03:38:17 AM by snake »
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal