Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Texan of the Year: Illegal immigrant  (Read 957 times)

Kentagious

• Master Tejano Rider
I guess it don't seem wrong if it ain't being done to you.
2015 Victory Cross Country Tour
04' VTX 1300 S

Dusty

Re: Texan of the Year: Illegal immigrant
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 08:35:42 PM »

Did it ever say why they picked him for the award or did I miss it?

forevrtxan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • (Leander) Austin, Texas
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 11:01:59 AM »

David

'05 1800R2 (with sidestand down)

Old enuff to know better....but young enuff to still do it!!!!!!

Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway~~John Wayne

All the way up in there!!!! (Quote from VTreX at BBTIII)

07VTXPredator

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 05:58:10 PM »

Personal Opinion to follow:

I think illegal immigrants should be sent back to their own country.  Being an immigrant myself who came to this country LEGALLY and became a citizen LEGALLY I fully understand how difficult the process is.  But the guidelines, restrictions, and requirements are there for a reason.  There are LAWS being broken, and for some reason, it's ok.  It's ok to break some laws, but not others.  Selective compliance shouldn't be acceptable, tolerated, or applauded.

One of the biggest jokes I have ever seen in my life was when all the ILLEGAL immigrants were parading around and NONE were arrested and deported.  How can we expect to be respected on the world front when we show such weakness?  So many illegals are here because they are not afraid of legal action against them.

Illegal immigrants are here illegally, are NOT citizens, and therefore do not have the RIGHTS of a citizen in this country.  They have the RIGHT to return to their country safely and peacefully.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

da032

• Old Timer
  • McKinney, TX
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2008, 06:13:01 PM »

Personal Opinion to follow:

I think illegal immigrants should be sent back to their own country.  Being an immigrant myself who came to this country LEGALLY and became a citizen LEGALLY I fully understand how difficult the process is.  But the guidelines, restrictions, and requirements are there for a reason.  There are LAWS being broken, and for some reason, it's ok.  It's ok to break some laws, but not others.  Selective compliance shouldn't be acceptable, tolerated, or applauded.

One of the biggest jokes I have ever seen in my life was when all the ILLEGAL immigrants were parading around and NONE were arrested and deported.  How can we expect to be respected on the world front when we show such weakness?  So many illegals are here because they are not afraid of legal action against them.

Illegal immigrants are here illegally, are NOT citizens, and therefore do not have the RIGHTS of a citizen in this country.  They have the RIGHT to return to their country safely and peacefully.

I have to agree.  Selective enforcement of laws is a slippery slope.  I have no problem with people wanting to come to the U.S. to better support themselves or family, increased opportunity for health care or education, or any other reason BUT it must be done the right way.  The inability or unwillingness for the U.S. Gov't make sure that this is the case is troublesome to me.

Militman

• Old Timer
  • "Ride hard or get out of my way!"
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2008, 06:14:33 PM »

I agree with you all the way and preach that all the time. Took my words exactly. Then they wanna cry about everyone over here was an immigrant but we did it LEGALLY like you said. Case solved.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal