Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Gotta love those x rider patches  (Read 4820 times)

BoulderBlues

• Old Timer
Gotta love those x rider patches
« on: December 29, 2007, 01:38:07 AM »

~~Boulder Blues~~

Every silver lining has it's touch of black and blue. - Jerry Garcia

mudfrogg

• Old Timer
    • www.dallaspi.com
Re: Gotta love those x rider patches
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2007, 05:03:03 AM »

Good lookin rockers O0

SouthernXer

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • BRAD Allen, Texas
    • Me playing music
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2007, 08:41:09 AM »

3 patch...   :o 

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2007, 08:41:20 AM »

CAUTION !!
Those constitute what is called "Closed Rockers" which is a turf thing, kinda like wearing a blue bandana in the Blood's territory in some cases. My rocker is my name above the X patch with nothing across the bottom stating where I'm from and when I did my name I recieved many warnings from others, here on the board and other places, but because my rocker isn't closed I felt it would be OK. I'm happy to report, so far it's been uneventful, some hard looks sometimes, but no turf wars as of yet.
Snake, RD, or one or some other members might chime in and give you the TCOC* rules or rulings. I know (or feel) we're recognized by the TCOC as a ride club with no designated turf or home grounds but --------.  Personally I think it's very childish on someone else's behalf that I can't have posted on my vest or jacket my name, where I'm from, or what I want with out fear of retaliation but that's just the way it goes.
Just my $.02 take it or leave it.
)-(ooter

* Texas Confederation of Clubs & Independents
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

RD

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Just another Joe in San Antonio
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2007, 09:15:33 AM »

Although it looks nice, and your intentions are innocent, it'll probably be misconstrued. You're a big boy, and I'm not going to tell you what to do, but I will advise, you could be in for some trouble, sometime, somewhere. I agree it's silly, and petty, but others will view it as a threat. If you choose to wear your vest like that and are confronted, take your vest off, and leave quitely.

Our patch on vests/jackets, and the same symbol on shirts, has been tolerated because it doesn't pose threatning intentions by spelling out a state name, city, or type of organization.

Last words: Remember, the light you shine, will be shown on others.
Another proud owner of 2 1800's
04' Honda VTX 1800C
08' Honda GL1800 Goldwing

snake

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • What a ride it's been!
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2007, 10:30:33 AM »

I recently had 2 run ins with 1%er members in my area regarding my TX X patch, WITHOUT any rockers on it. They  are usually more laid back, and I have worn mine for four years without incident. I think the banditos/banshee flare up in Eureka Springs earlier this year stirred them up.
Since the banditos members were convicted in  2000 or so of trying to bomb some of our Texarkana Banshees, things had quieted down in our area, till Eureka springs this past spring.
The bottom line...while it seems childish/petty/un-american for the 1%ers to bother you about a patch, you can tell them we are a riding group, not a motorcycle club, as long as you don't have rockers, and have a good chance of not having any more problems from them at that time. I believe the rockers with state/city will make it extremely hard for you to "keep your shirt on", even with more liberal 1% club members. Good luck though. It looks really great. But take this one thing to heart please.
While it is ridiculous for someone, anyone, to tell you what you can have on your jacket, the 1%er's do take it very serious. They WILL approach you about a patch, and you can HAVE SERIOUS TROUBLE OVER IT.
If you are approached over your patch, while you may want to act bad Cranberries about it, I wouldn't if I were you.
I have not had to take mine off either time I've been approached, I stood my ground and told them the patch is a model specific riding group patch, and is not a M/C club. If I had exhibited an "attitude", I'm am sure the outcome would have been different. FOREWARNED.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2007, 10:39:30 AM by snake »
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

Quick-Silver

• Old Timer
  • Canyon Lake, Tx
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2007, 11:02:33 AM »

BoulderBlues,  My concern here is for all the other folks in our group who wear the insignia, especially the ladies who ride by themselves.  If you want to put your neck on the line that's one thing, but to put the rest of us at risk of being confronted by some gang member, well, that's another thing.  Hopefully, you will re-think your position on how the VTX Riders patch should be displayed.
Jerry Maler
07 Honda GL1800 Goldwing - Silver

Militman

• Old Timer
  • "Ride hard or get out of my way!"
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2007, 06:18:35 PM »

So does anybody have a picture of there jacket/vest of a good way to wear the patch? Also, what you are saying is that if we put a rocker on top with our name that, that might also be offensive? I know it is childish but people do act stupid about this and I just wanna have no problems at all. So trying to get the patches sewn on right the first time ( assuming I end up trying to join and get accepted) :)

BoulderBlues

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2007, 07:43:40 PM »

>:(

OMG you guys have got to be kidding me, so even though there is no patch denoting "MC"  by me stating that im from DFW with a bottom rocker that im screwed....this is childish and so frigging petty....arrrghhhh.

I have been looking into patch placement now for months, obviously not on the board, and I had only heard once that a bottom rocker might be a problem. I do appreciate all of you chiming in and giving me your opinions and experiences. So what now, I ride flying my rockers and "endanger others from the group" as QS suggests, or I remove the bottom rocker and stand my ground without coming off like an ahole if approached about it?

WTF !!!

:( :( :( :(
~~Boulder Blues~~

Every silver lining has it's touch of black and blue. - Jerry Garcia

justin69

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "NO PAIN, NO STAIN!!!" Ft. worth
    • http://myspace.com/jbeachbum_xrider
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2007, 08:05:16 PM »

I'd leave em' on. your a big boy, I'm sure you can handle your own. the only time you would probably get fu#$ed with is if you stroll up to a crazy Cranberries biker bar with a with only 1 group of !%ers. my home away from home is the Ice House in Ft. Worth. there aint nothin but 1%ers in there. I know em all and I can tell you now, if you were to go up in there for a beer or 2, no one would mess with ya. it aint even like that. now if you were to go to a bar with nothing but bandidos  or booze fighters ect..... ya then you would probably get fu^&ed with. Don't sweat it bro, do what you want ;)

OCIFFER, I SweAr To DRunK I'M NoT GoD!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/jbeachbum_xrider

Muffmaster

• Old Timer
  • Selective Honesty is Not Lying
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2007, 08:50:21 PM »

>:(

OMG you guys have got to be kidding me, so even though there is no patch denoting "MC"  by me stating that im from DFW with a bottom rocker that im screwed....this is childish and so frigging petty....arrrghhhh.

I have been looking into patch placement now for months, obviously not on the board, and I had only heard once that a bottom rocker might be a problem. I do appreciate all of you chiming in and giving me your opinions and experiences. So what now, I ride flying my rockers and "endanger others from the group" as QS suggests, or I remove the bottom rocker and stand my ground without coming off like an ahole if approached about it?

WTF !!!

:( :( :( :(

I know it is ridiculous but the fact of the matter is...wrong place wrong thing to wear  :'( :'( :'( I know the prez of the Scorpians and even asking questions about it or saying that it's childish is enough to get your Cranberries in hot water. Stupid ...Yes...Fact....yes! and some clubs will do you a great deal of bodily harm on you no matter how big a boy you are so be careful...it's not really an argument you can win!

hookem

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Port Neches, Texas
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2007, 08:53:52 PM »

I tried to not interject on this, until I read Justin's post.  Do not be fooled or lulled into thinking that this is "no big deal".  Is it childish?  Yeah!  Is it a valid concern?  You bet your arse!  There is no need to go out just trying to see if this would offend or upset anyone.  The recognition of the rockers is nothing new...  There is a mutual "live-and-let-live" attitude among those who hold to these beliefs.  If you have no concern for the well-being of any of our other members in any part of the state (not just d/fw) then you will rethink this decision regarding your rockers.  Also, Justin, in case you are not aware, it matters not how often you see these guys or are around these guys...when the bell sounds, you are either one of 'em, or you're not.  And judging simply by your lack of concern for the members here (relate this to their 'brothers'), it is plainly evident that you are not. Don't misunderstand me, I am not bashing you, but at times we must think for the betterment of the group as a whole, and not the desire to 'man-up' to other groups and their understanding of respect.
Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.
Ronald Reagan

SouthernXer

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • BRAD Allen, Texas
    • Me playing music
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2007, 09:09:06 PM »

I don't think being a big boy or a badass is going to be much help against 10+ dudes with chains swinging at your melon.  Don't cross the bridge if you don't hafta, right?   ;)

07VTXPredator

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2007, 09:16:10 PM »

I'm really glad that you guys on this forum discuss some of these things, because I would never had any idea that ANYONE would give a rat's a$$ what I wear or how I wear it, other than gang colors in the wrong neighborhood.

Live and learn.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

mudfrogg

• Old Timer
    • www.dallaspi.com
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2007, 09:28:12 PM »

;D I have a roll of black duct tape and will bring it to dukes tomorrow

Pages: [1] 2 3

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal