Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: NE Dallas - Local shop for seat customizing  (Read 635 times)

crow57

• Old Timer
  • Garland
NE Dallas - Local shop for seat customizing
« on: December 28, 2007, 04:34:24 PM »

I was thinking about sending my seat off for the BadX mod, but DK98K turned me on to a local guy that can customize your seat for you any way you want.   Just had him do my VTX seat and my girlfriend's 750 Shadow seat as a Christmas gift.  He seems to really know his stuff.  He cut out some of the stock foam and replaced it with a layer of medium density foam to make it a little softer, and sculpted it to my size and riding position. 

It feels a thousand % better than stock.   Haven't done a long ride with it yet, but on the old one I was squirming before the first hour was up, so I can already tell there's a big improvement.

He charged $125 each.  Rather than send your seat off for a week or two to Badx, or spend hundreds on an aftermarket seat, I recommend you give him a call.  If possible you should ride your bike over there and let him see how you fit on the seat so he'll have a better idea how to shape it.   He had ours ready for pickup within 24 hours.

Shawn Cook Auto Tops and Trim
972-424-9827

He works out of a shop behind his house, located in Murphy (NE side of Dallas/Garland)

'05 V-Twin, Xtra large 1800 S

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal