Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chrome radiator grills  (Read 974 times)

wwaggett

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Clear Lake, Texas Always busy doing nothing at all
Chrome radiator grills
« on: December 20, 2007, 11:43:53 AM »

I have the Rivco Chrome radiator cover. Does anyone have one of these know if any of these custom grills will fit under the chrome cover. Here is one of the ones I am looking at. I asked the manufacturer and he didn't know for sure

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=001&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=110205046320&rd=1

snake

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • What a ride it's been!
Re: Chrome radiator grills
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 01:12:52 PM »

WAGGETT, HE GIVES A DIMENSION OF "MEASUREMENTS - APPROX  8.75 INCHES WIDE X 17.5  INCHES LONG",  measure the inside or your rivco, see if this won't fit, He has many sizes available, tell him what does fit. Those look pretty good. The ones I see at that link say they are brushed aluminum though.
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

wwaggett

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Clear Lake, Texas Always busy doing nothing at all
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 02:58:53 PM »

WAGGETT, HE GIVES A DIMENSION OF "MEASUREMENTS - APPROX  8.75 INCHES WIDE X 17.5  INCHES LONG",  measure the inside or your rivco, see if this won't fit, He has many sizes available, tell him what does fit. Those look pretty good. The ones I see at that link say they are brushed aluminum though.

But that would mean I would have to take it off to measure it.  :)  I was looking for the button answer.

Warren

heirloom

• Old Timer
  • Tyler, Texas
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2007, 10:37:36 PM »

Took a peek at the covers, they look good.  My concern would be that (the skull one, anyway) it appears to block, at least, 50% of the air flow. 

Don't want to rain on your parade, just a consideration.   :P
Heirloom, MSF Rider Coach
Love my bikes!!!

HeadGuess

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Wills Point, Texas
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2007, 11:05:41 AM »

I bought one of these off ebay and I like it. Mine has flames and it fits over the stock housing. You have to make holes for it. The way you are talking about sounds like a better fit to me. The only issue I have is you can see where the cutting tool starts and stops. I can't remember if this is the guy I got mine from or not.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal