Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Any HPP gurus still around??  (Read 1015 times)

heirloom

• Old Timer
  • Tyler, Texas
Any HPP gurus still around??
« on: December 17, 2007, 05:40:00 PM »

Just curious, would an HPP fuel mapper work with a wideband O2 sensor??  I have one of the old originals on my 1800, all is working well (or seems to be, runs great, plugs are clean).  Also, how long is an O2 sensor usually good for?? 
Thanks to any and all responses.......
Heirloom, MSF Rider Coach
Love my bikes!!!

07VTXPredator

• Old Timer
Re: Any HPP gurus still around??
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 05:50:09 PM »

Oxygen sensors should last over 100k miles under ideal conditions but various contaminants will shorten that considerably...

Don't know about using the wideband with the HPP though... you might need some extra gear to incorporate it
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

heirloom

• Old Timer
  • Tyler, Texas
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 05:55:43 PM »

Probably so.  According to the 'cheese', I don't think the HPP's are very good, anyway.  They were sure hyped up a few years ago when I got mine....live and learn.  Although, the bike is running just fine, no probs.  Maybe I just don't know what it is supposed to run like!  ???
Love my bikes!!!

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2007, 07:27:31 AM »

Hey, Roland! Howya been? Check with biglry, he's the guru on those as far as I know.
02 1800C

heirloom

• Old Timer
  • Tyler, Texas
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2007, 08:06:49 PM »

Hey Hipshot!!!
      Doing okay, my foot is still screwed, going on a year and a half now.  I can't even get my riding boot over my left foot now.  Just hoping my lawyer gets a big piece of that Dr.'s *ss.  If not, I may have to lock & load  :o.
      Is biglry on this board or do I need to contact him through his site?

Great to hear from you, hope you are doing well and I wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas!!  (I have been having fun on the Connie when I can get my boot on!...I just thought the VTX was fast!  Actually, I love all three of them)

Edit:  I just sent an email to biglry via his site......thanks for the info, Hipshot!!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 08:24:43 PM by heirloom »
Love my bikes!!!

heirloom

• Old Timer
  • Tyler, Texas
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2007, 06:27:27 PM »

Biglry responded very quickly and confirmed my suspicion.  Sure wish the 'cheese' would get hold of one of his units and see if it lives up to the ads.  It sounds like a great system from reading their site, but, it would be nice to have a confirmation!  O0
Love my bikes!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal