Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: Dyno today(Now with Graphs AF #'s and video)  (Read 12341 times)

bgreer

Re: Dyno today
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2007, 12:54:26 AM »

Only great things to say about Third Coast Speed....this guy is a true pro...we made about 6 runs maybe more, tweaking the #'s each time...

Not dumping on you and I don't know how they dyno, but this statement concearns me.
The way I see it, it seems unusual to make a run and then tweak.
Was the bike tested in multiple RPM ranges and tweaked while in that range to ensure your A/F was good?
I see your A/F info and it looks pretty straight.

I guess I am just trying to figure this whole Dyno thing out and A/F ratio.
I plan on getting a PC3 soon, but was told I could do without one for a while since my bike runs pretty good without it.
I would like to say that seeing RedDragon have his Dyno'd with Johnny sure did help me understand and I hate not understanding.

well good luck to you all and have a good weekend

Just realized, I didn't really answer your question....no, he did not adjust the map on the fly, he would make a run with multiple rpm ranges and throttle positions and then reveiw the data and adjust the map...resend it and make another run...I don't know if this is typical or not, as this was the first dyno I have ever seen

Dusty

Re: Dyno today(Now with Graphs AF #'s and video)
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2007, 06:08:20 AM »

I was gonna try and post my charts from last Feb. but after hooking up my new scanner/copier/fax, I realised I left the software at work.  ::)
Maybe I can get it up later or tomorrow. Like most of us, I don't have a full understanding of what effects what but I want to learn.

The day I had mine dynoed, it was cool but warmed up to the low to mid 70's by the time my bike was put on the machine. I also remember that Mike had two fans blowing on the engine and would let it cool a bit between runs. (I forget what engine temps he said he liked to stay between.) I also remember him stating that if he purchased another machine, that it would not be a Dynojet because their tech support sucked.

Skippy...when mine was dynoed, he made a run to see where it was at. Mine was very rich per the map I had downloaded myself. Mike did make the comment that lots of maps are too rich. I THINK he even said that stock bikes come from the factory on the rich side. We've all heard it's better to be too rich than too lean.

After looking over the numbers he made an adjustment on the pc3 and ran the bike again. Literally sitting on the bike, watching the computer screen and going from zero rpms in a steady increase to around 5300 rpms. The first time I saw this done was at a Harley rally. My first thought was "Damn fools, I'll never subject my bike to that"  ;D
After that run, he looked the numbers over and made a couple more adjustment in the A/F on the pc3 and ran again. Provided the bike had cooled down enough. I think he made 4 runs total until he was satisfied. Remember, Bryan and I went in asking for different results. Bryan was after speed and I wanted fuel efficiency at around 80mph. Like I'm gonna get to make a road trip some day.  ::)
Rocknroll also took his Harley to third coast to double check a dyno he had done in Houston (I THINK). If I remember correctly Pete said that his bike was fine and they didn't make any additional adjustment to it. He went strictly to have peace of mind with the first shop.

Bryan.....Nice of you to notice my avatar. It's been on there since February.  ::) Now take that huge Cranberries picture down of that ugly Cranberries white bike!  :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D

Pass the popcorn and the stoogies comic book!  ;) ;D :-X

hookem

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Port Neches, Texas
« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2007, 06:13:07 AM »

I'mm not quite finished with the book, but I have more popcorn on the way!!! ;D
Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.
Ronald Reagan

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2007, 07:01:01 AM »

Pass the popcorn and the stoogies comic book!  ;) ;D :-X

I'm not done reading... errr... appearing in it!  ;D ;)
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

bgreer

« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2007, 07:28:25 AM »

Dusty, I'll take my picture down if you'll clean your bike long enough for us to see what color it is.....HEY!!! did somebody grab my Cranberries???

bgreer

« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2007, 07:34:10 AM »

I'mm not quite finished with the book, but I have more popcorn on the way!!! ;D

Hey Dwayne, what are you and Tina doin today??? Dusty and some lesbians are comin by for entertainment ....Steaks off the grill @ !:00

Dusty

« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2007, 08:28:29 AM »

I hope that I'm not suppose to be bringing the lesbians. Most of them don't like me. Hell, who am I kidding, gay guys won't even give me a second look. That's not necessarily a bad thing.  ;D

Bryan, I clean the seat ever time I ride it. That has to count for something.  O0

Txcruiser

• Old Timer
    • TxCruiser's MySpace
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2007, 10:09:30 AM »

*SNIP*....and I felt my bike yesterday knockin on 140 (indicated) *SNIP*

So how did you get past the 130mph speed limiter? Or is it just the 2003's with this? I need to know, I keep getting waxed by a M109 in the straightaways.

I never heard of a speed limiter. But if there is such a thing then I got one and Bgreer doesn't.  :D ;D :D

Are you thinking of the rev. limiter?

I didn't think I was refering to the REV limiter, because I hit it often coming out of 1st. It sputters and just embarasses me, but at 130, it just stops accelerating, no sputter, no problems sustaining that speed, it just won't go past the 130 mark. Bryan, your positive you passed 130? 

bgreer

« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2007, 10:41:02 AM »

*SNIP*....and I felt my bike yesterday knockin on 140 (indicated) *SNIP*

So how did you get past the 130mph speed limiter? Or is it just the 2003's with this? I need to know, I keep getting waxed by a M109 in the straightaways.

I never heard of a speed limiter. But if there is such a thing then I got one and Bgreer doesn't.  :D ;D :D

Are you thinking of the rev. limiter?

I didn't think I was refering to the REV limiter, because I hit it often coming out of 1st. It sputters and just embarasses me, but at 130, it just stops accelerating, no sputter, no problems sustaining that speed, it just won't go past the 130 mark. Bryan, your positive you passed 130? 

I'm absolutely certain my speedo said at least 138mph...now thats indicated speed, its well known, that our Hondas have a speedo error...I have never chked my bike with a GPS so I don't know what the actual speed was....I have never heard of a speed limiter, only a rev limiter factory preset @ 5750rpm's...(I think thats right) Who told you there was a speed limiter?? if was a salesman or a Honda Tech, then go back and slap him in the mouth

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2007, 11:52:31 AM »

No speed limiter. You can only run 130 (speedo) cause maybe that's all she'll do. Had mine 134 with 2 up. That's just all she'd do. Only limiter on the bike is RPM.

......the VTX engine produces more than 90 foot-pounds of torque from 2100 to 5200 rpm and is still churning out nearly 80 foot-pounds when the electronics call an end to the proceedings at 5750.
http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/roadtests/honda_vtx_1800/
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

snake

• What a ride it's been!
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2007, 11:56:32 AM »

I know Bryans bike was badass fast last run I had with him right after Katrina...passed me like I was standing still @ WOT! That was before the tune, hell, mighta' been before the PCIII even. 'Course, my bike is a slow pig...EVEN KEBS BLEW MY SIDECOVERS OFF!!! ;D Just kiddin' Hot stuff! ;D ;D
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

bgreer

« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2007, 12:25:25 PM »

I know Bryans bike was badass fast last run I had with him right after Katrina...passed me like I was standing still @ WOT! That was before the tune, hell, mighta' been before the PCIII even. 'Course, my bike is a slow pig...EVEN KEBS BLEW MY SIDECOVERS OFF!!! ;D Just kiddin' Hot stuff! ;D ;D

Hey Old Man, ya outa be here....Me, Dusty, Hookem, mrs. Hookem, Patti and some of her family are cookin steaks, hangin out in the shop, and talkin chit, gona go ridin later

snake

• What a ride it's been!
« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2007, 12:35:15 PM »

Love to be there, playin with those lesbians Bill brought :o ;D ooops, I mean love to be there enjoying the good food and company. ;D  Gott'a see that bike run now! Y'all enjoy... I'm at work right now makin' some scratch.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2007, 12:56:49 PM by snake »
     420! Yeah, baby!

snake

• What a ride it's been!
« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2007, 12:54:29 PM »

Quote from: SKIPPPY75
Looking for the driver seat and passenger seat to fit an 03 VTX1800C.
What will it cost me icluding shipping to 77429
Please PM me

Skippy, I have offered my Retro seat to people wishing to do the badX thing, and I believe some one else up here (northeast area) had offered up their C seat for people to do the same with. It may have been Morgan, give him a shout. I've paid to ship three different seats...it usually cost about 13 bucks or so. Sorry I don't have one.
     420! Yeah, baby!

Txcruiser

• Old Timer
    • TxCruiser's MySpace
« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2007, 01:14:14 PM »

No speed limiter. You can only run 130 (speedo) cause maybe that's all she'll do. Had mine 134 with 2 up. That's just all she'd do. Only limiter on the bike is RPM.

......the VTX engine produces more than 90 foot-pounds of torque from 2100 to 5200 rpm and is still churning out nearly 80 foot-pounds when the electronics call an end to the proceedings at 5750.
http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/roadtests/honda_vtx_1800/

I don't know why this bugs me so much, I keep telling me it's not a Interceptor or Katana and I don't really NEED to go any faster, yet the brute seems to have it in to give. It just seems odd it stopped right at 130mph and like I mentioned, no sputtering or missing. Sure felt like it had more throttle.  See what happens when there are no other VTX's for me to play with? I am forced to run with M109's and Hayabussa's.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal