Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Dyno today(Now with Graphs AF #'s and video)  (Read 12334 times)

bgreer

Re: Dyno today(Now with Graphs AF #'s and video)
« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2007, 01:38:37 PM »

No speed limiter. You can only run 130 (speedo) cause maybe that's all she'll do. Had mine 134 with 2 up. That's just all she'd do. Only limiter on the bike is RPM.

......the VTX engine produces more than 90 foot-pounds of torque from 2100 to 5200 rpm and is still churning out nearly 80 foot-pounds when the electronics call an end to the proceedings at 5750.
http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/roadtests/honda_vtx_1800/

I don't know why this bugs me so much, I keep telling me it's not a Interceptor or Katana and I don't really NEED to go any faster, yet the brute seems to have it in to give. It just seems odd it stopped right at 130mph and like I mentioned, no sputtering or missing. Sure felt like it had more throttle.  See what happens when there are no other VTX's for me to play with? I am forced to run with M109's and Hayabussa's.

Probably for the best not to run like that all the time....I only let here breathe like that once or twice a year....you got a lot of X'ers in your area...if not come to east tx. I'll ride with ya

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2007, 03:05:24 PM »

Were you guys running with your windshields on?  You could yank them off to help decrease the drag!  ;)

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #62 on: December 01, 2007, 06:59:02 PM »

I was talking about you.
The reason I asked what temp it was is due to the correction factor. it is incorrect thus the number are incorrect but the gain is real.
I am seeing this more and more.

Can you explain that a little better...what does the temp have to do with the correction factor, and how do you know what the correction factor is for his machine

Johnny not explaining as asked, suggested (at least to me) that he was trying to slam Third Coast Speed. As I explained in an earlier post, I don't know what all the #'s on those sheets mean...except that the AF #'s are close to target as it was explained to me, the torque #'s gained 10 lbs from the first run...and this is what I wanted...1 or 2 HP most riders will never feel...but you feel 10 lbs of torque...This guy ran multiple times and did a good job tuning my bike...end of story...Mike had nothing bad to say about Johnny, only that he knew who he was and that they posted on the same Hybusa Board. I guess I was surprised when Johnny (at least the way I read it) attempted to dis-credit Third Coast Speed...and just for the record, I planned to go to Johnnys on that Saturday, but my bike was not ready (fuel pressure regulator)...I had heard good things about Third Coast Speed, and they were only an hour away,  simply time management and economics...a 6hr ride and an overnight stay, I would have made to be there with a bunch of X riders, but it didn't make sense to do by myself, when Third Coast Speed was right here, and I won 1400.00 gambling on the way back

Bryan, I've got to call a foul on you. You came off pretty arrogant and you cheapshotted Johnny. First of all, the numbers you posted are inordinately high for a VTX with the modifications yours has. Johnny asked a legitimate question and you got defensive and popped off with diarrhea of the mouth.

Johnny doesn't get rich off the Xriders; if we were all the business he had he'd never have reopened his shop. He did us a FAVOR Bryan; he ran free dyno pulls for us. The giveaways that you mock him as a cheapskate for were something that he didn't have to do at all, and they came out of his pocket. What kind of high end prize did Third Coast give you after you spent some money there?

Different dynos give different readings. That's why a lot of HD shops used to (and some still do) refuse to dyno or work on metrics--they were showing their HD customers high numbers to make them think their bikes were really hot. I don't think that Third Coast is doing that, and I have heard nothing but good things about them. But I can assure you that Johnny is a master at what he does, and that your attitude stinks. He could have sat back and let you run your head about your superbike, but he was trying to keep things factual. He didn't put you or Third Coast down, and you were out of line to pop off like you did -- especially after you posted such outlandish claims for your bike. You really need to lose the attitude, Bryan. If you're going to post BS you should expect to be called on it.
02 1800C

bgreer

« Reply #63 on: December 01, 2007, 07:22:33 PM »

What "outlandish Claims" are you refering to?? Yea, I got a little hot when he wouldn't explain himself...so what?? Me, Bill, and Hookem been tryin to figure these sheets out all night...all I wanted was an explanation, why he made the comment that my #'s were wrong.  I don't appoligize for my outburst, cause "IT'S MY F*&^%KIN THREAD" and I don't need you to tell me how to act or what to say.  Next

RedDragon

• Master of Monumental Proportions
« Reply #64 on: December 01, 2007, 07:30:00 PM »

And I'm the punk.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

2005 VTX 1800C Red Tribal Flame
2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

bgreer

« Reply #65 on: December 01, 2007, 07:35:17 PM »

Txcruiser

• Old Timer
    • TxCruiser's MySpace
« Reply #66 on: December 01, 2007, 07:48:32 PM »

Jeeeze, for the start of the Holiday season, there sure is alot of hostility in the VTX world.

Maybe it's the Rain ?

bgreer

« Reply #67 on: December 01, 2007, 07:50:19 PM »

Maybe your right.......Jim, can I get Hug after this is done???

RedDragon

• Master of Monumental Proportions
« Reply #68 on: December 01, 2007, 08:25:39 PM »

well it's not that bad

some guy decided I didn't need a seat and took it over me and then others dumping on me and saying they are not inclined to sell
that's a hoot
http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=218932

There are some good people here, no doubt, but there are also alot of punks

Ok I'll be a punk, since I am sure you were referring to me in this sentence, since the only ones that has questioned your numbers at this time had been me and Johnny and you used the word punks in the plural sense.  ::) Maybe you could go ahead and just let all us punks know just who we are.  ::) This will be my last post on your precious thread.  ::) Nobody posted on here to put you or your bike down, only to say the numbers just don't add up and you took offense. Anyway maybe this makes you feel better.

2005 VTX 1800C Red Tribal Flame
2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

Muffmaster

• Old Timer
  • Selective Honesty is Not Lying
« Reply #69 on: December 01, 2007, 08:46:49 PM »

Dammit I thought I had the cause a bunch of s-#$* title!! Now if you guys are challenging me I CAN step up!! But first I got a question that nobody has addressed yet............. ::) ::) ::) Isn't that a 1300??? If so I want to go to East Texas and be beat by him so I can believe it ;D ;D (insert picture of a gauntlet laying on the ground here)

Merry Christmas  :-* :-* :-*

Muff

bgreer

« Reply #70 on: December 01, 2007, 08:53:41 PM »

well it's not that bad

some guy decided I didn't need a seat and took it over me and then others dumping on me and saying they are not inclined to sell
that's a hoot
http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=218932

There are some good people here, no doubt, but there are also alot of punks

Ok I'll be a punk, since I am sure you were referring to me in this sentence, since the only ones that has questioned your numbers at this time had been me and Johnny and you used the word punks in the plural sense.  ::) Maybe you could go ahead and just let all us punks know just who we are.  ::) This will be my last post on your precious thread.  ::) Nobody posted on here to put you or your bike down, only to say the numbers just don't add up and you took offense. Anyway maybe this makes you feel better.

I don't even know you....you called yourself a punk and I agreed...and the only part that makes me feel better, is that this will be your last post on this thread.....BYE

bgreer

« Reply #71 on: December 01, 2007, 08:57:57 PM »

Dammit I thought I had the cause a bunch of s-#$* title!! Now if you guys are challenging me I CAN step up!! But first I got a question that nobody has addressed yet............. ::) ::) ::) Isn't that a 1300??? If so I want to go to East Texas and be beat by him so I can believe it ;D ;D (insert picture of a gauntlet laying on the ground here)

Merry Christmas  :-* :-* :-*

Muff

Come on...I ride for any reason

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #72 on: December 01, 2007, 09:05:22 PM »

SouthernXer

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • BRAD Allen, Texas
    • Me playing music
« Reply #73 on: December 01, 2007, 09:50:58 PM »

Well, I certainly hope I am not a punk.  I posted my numbers because I "thought" I had pretty good numbers considering the mods I have done.   :-\ :(   Until now, I have never seen HP numbers into the low 100's without some major work being down or NOS hooked up.  I didn't mean to step on any toes as I have never met Johnny or the Ol' Boy from Lake Chuck. 
« Last Edit: December 01, 2007, 09:57:11 PM by SouthernXer »

Txcruiser

• Old Timer
    • TxCruiser's MySpace
« Reply #74 on: December 01, 2007, 09:51:48 PM »

Muffmaster Vs Bgreer....It's Awwwwn.

I sure hope the rain is gone tomorrow, I can't spend another full day doing this.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal