Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hypercharger pro series question  (Read 1142 times)

Vato55

• Rider
Hypercharger pro series question
« on: November 06, 2007, 06:48:40 PM »

Hello everyone,

I am new to the board and the whole riding/modifying experience.  I recently installed a Kuryakyn Hypercharger pro series on my 2007 vtx 1300c.  It runs great but the butterflies stay open all the time.  When i rev the engine they move a little but pretty much stay open.  Anyone got any tips on how to get them working right?  Anyone live in San Antonio that would be willing to get together and help me out?  Any info is greatly appreciatted.  Thanks in advance for any help.

Mo
Take Care and Ride Safe.

Mo

ViciousNoob

• Master Tejano Rider
Re: Hypercharger pro series question
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 08:45:43 PM »

The same thing happened to me, about 20 miles outside of Galveston this weekend.

It is almost always vacuum related. I checked all of the vacuum lines, and they were all still connected. It ended up being the vacuum diaphram. It's on the back of the hypercharger, facing the carb. It's under the cover held in place by 3 flathead screws with one big one in the center for adjustment. Your diaphram is either busted or slipped some. Give it a shot. It fixed mine!! Good luck. PM me if you have any questions... O0
If I wasn't n00b, I sure would want to be!!! ;-)

wwaggett

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Clear Lake, Texas Always busy doing nothing at all
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 10:33:48 AM »

Hope you get the problem fixed.

:) :)

ChunkyMonkey

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2007, 05:45:45 AM »

I had the exact same issue a few months after installing mine.  The hoses are crap.  When pulling my tank off to exchange for a new one that just got painted, I saw the problem.  Look just behind the intake, mine hose was torn in half just before it got to the "T" splitter.  I replaced with a high temp hose that I use on my Rx-7.  Problem solved.

Vato55

• Rider
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2007, 08:53:37 AM »

Thanks guys for all the tips.  I will give them all a try this weekend.  I plan on removing the pair valve while im at it.  Thanks again for all the help.

Mo
Take Care and Ride Safe.

Mo

heirloom

• Old Timer
  • Tyler, Texas
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2007, 09:20:43 PM »

If the butterflies have remained open since you first installed it, it could be the way you have the vacuum line hooked up.  Unless Kury has changed the instructions, they were wrong when I installed mine and mine was doing the same as yours.  I called Kury, talked to one of the techs and he told me where to put the hose and what to block off...it has been working fine since.

Sorry, but, I can't describe exactly what was different.  The Kury man can tell you.......it was an easy fix.
Heirloom, MSF Rider Coach
Love my bikes!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal