Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Side stand  (Read 3354 times)

RedDragon

• Master of Monumental Proportions
Side stand
« on: June 12, 2006, 06:24:10 PM »

Don't trust the old trusty sidestand!  ::)

Honda called today and said they would take care of all the damage. O0

2005 VTX 1800C Red Tribal Flame
2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

Crewsn

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • leander(austin), texas
Re: Side stand
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 07:20:06 PM »

wow, thats got to suck. i'm assuming your O.K.? is this what happened on saturdays ride? i couldn't make it all day and had to leave that morning, but i read your posts and was wondering what happened. how bad was the damage to the bike? good luck and ride safe. BTW, think i'll go have a look see at mine as well.
03 1800 C, airbox mod, K&N filter, roadhouse shorty.

pacrat

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Cypress,Texas
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 07:50:59 PM »

how'd it happen?  I wonder if the response would have been the same at another dealer?  So far I have nothing but good to say for Honda of Houston.

RedDragon

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2006, 07:54:09 PM »

David, That's good news.  Did you hurt yourself in the fall?  I was just to your right and it looked like the bike fell on your left leg.
Jerry

No did not get hurt. Actually got my leg out from under it somehow. Just happened so quick.
David

2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

RD

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Just another Joe in San Antonio
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2006, 07:55:27 PM »

Glad to hear that they're stepping up to it, David. At least it makes for a good ending, for a rough week end. I wish the dealerships here would've had the part. A 15 min. repair. Thanks for making the trip.
Another proud owner of 2 1800's
04' Honda VTX 1800C
08' Honda GL1800 Goldwing

RedDragon

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2006, 08:01:31 PM »

wow, thats got to suck. i'm assuming your O.K.? is this what happened on saturdays ride? i couldn't make it all day and had to leave that morning, but i read your posts and was wondering what happened. how bad was the damage to the bike? good luck and ride safe. BTW, think i'll go have a look see at mine as well.

Yes this was my mishap. I was parked on a slight hill, won't do that again. It gave way and over we went. Broke the back turn signal, skinned the passenger floorboard, front turn signal, windshield, and few other things.

Thanks
David

2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

RedDragon

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2006, 08:06:56 PM »

how'd it happen?  I wonder if the response would have been the same at another dealer?  So far I have nothing but good to say for Honda of Houston.

They have always done me right so far. I called the service manager today about 2:00 and he said that he had still not talked to the regional manager about it and that he would call me as soon as he had talked with him. He called me about 6:00 today and said they were going to take care of everything. O0

2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

RedDragon

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2006, 08:10:43 PM »

Glad to hear that they're stepping up to it, David. At least it makes for a good ending, for a rough week end. I wish the dealerships here would've had the part. A 15 min. repair. Thanks for making the trip.

Thanks RD, and thanks for the help with the side stand. I think I was a little shell shocked there for awhile. :o

2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

BIG A

• Master Tejano Rider
  • belton texas 06Goldwing 06KTM 450 08 KTM 690E
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2006, 08:28:23 PM »

glad to hear they are going to take care of the damage, sounds like you have a good dealer.  O0
YOU DON'T QUIT RIDING WHEN YOU GET OLD---YOU GET OLD WHEN YOU QUIT RIDING

hillcountryrider

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2006, 08:40:08 PM »

Thanks RD, and thanks for the help with the side stand. I think I was a little shell shocked there for awhile. :o

I think that a lot of us were shell shocked for a moment ..........hanging out....... looking at that awesome view....... getting ready to ride and then you hear that sickening sound of someones bike falling over.. just glad that you were ok and that Honda is making things right ....... look fwd to meeting ya again  O0 O0 O0

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2006, 09:01:42 PM »

See what happens when you get an 1800???   ;D

J/K.  I'm glad you are okay and that Honda is footin' the bill!

Blueflameguy2

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Tarkington Prairie (45 miles ne of houston)
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2006, 04:40:38 AM »

They have always done me right so far. I called the service manager today about 2:00 and he said that he had still not talked to the regional manager about it and that he would call me as soon as he had talked with him. He called me about 6:00 today and said they were going to take care of everything. O0

we went to houston honda when we were looking.  didnt too much care for em to be honest.  my dad and i both knew exactly what we wanted and he was putting down cash on a vtx1300 and a goldwing.  even though he was ready to spend that much at once, they gave us some b.s. line about how everyone is out of black goldwings and would be really hard to find, so they wanted about 1/4 total for a deposit just to get one sent over.

needless to say, my dad laughed and we left.  the next day, we went to cowboy honda in beaumont and they had about 8 black ones and about 30-40 total goldwings there to choose from.....

RocknRoll

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Kingwood, TX
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2006, 08:23:52 AM »

Well, I still have to say that RedDragon made a heroic ride home.  He had to re-hydrate so drank about 4 gallons of tea at Coopers then rode all the way back to Houston without even ONE bathroom break.  He couldn't park his bike.  For us old guys that, as RD says, have to pee in Morse Code - David's ride is the stuff legends are made of!! O0

Oh - did I forget to mention that not one broken Harley even seen on the whole trip? 8)
Wanna make God laugh?  -  Tell him your plans!

Wanna make God angry?  -  Treat Him with indifference!

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2006, 10:11:31 AM »

David glad they are doing O0 O0 O0 you wright.. Ride safe!!! O0 O0 O0 O0 Pete the odds were in your favor 23 to 2 :D :D :D
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

RedDragon

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2006, 11:30:49 AM »

Well, I still have to say that RedDragon made a heroic ride home.  He had to re-hydrate so drank about 4 gallons of tea at Coopers then rode all the way back to Houston without even ONE bathroom break.  He couldn't park his bike.  For us old guys that, as RD says, have to pee in Morse Code - David's ride is the stuff legends are made of!! O0

Oh - did I forget to mention that not one broken Harley even seen on the whole trip? 8)

Cmon Pete, its hard to pee @ 90 MPH. :o

And I have to admit the Harley stayed ahead of me all morning. O0

2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal