Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: FOR SALE 2004 ORANGE VTX1300C  (Read 2164 times)

txpopeye

• Old Timer
    • Pork Chop Run Blog
Re: FOR SALE 2004 ORANGE VTX1300C
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2007, 02:08:31 PM »

if you change the pipes look into a  2 into 1 set up (that's what I have ) this type of pipe will give you the best heat reduction and the most performance.  If you like the looks of the dual pipes (i really do) they sell a dummy pipe they call it ghost pipe and it gives you the looks of the two tail pipes. Only problem is that is expensive. I don't have the ghost pipe, also they offer a true dual exhaust system, it eliminated the the cross over section of the exhaust therfore you dont get all the heat right under you.   A fuel management system such as a HD race tunner or PCIII (power commander) will help you reduce even more heat and help with the performance.  an air kit will be needed as well.  these are the componets for the HD stage 1 set up.  depending how you get the bike tunned, lots of the vibration at adle will be gone, the head will be reduced, your trottle responce and HP/Torque will improve, but your MPG will drop some.  I have a lean spot @ 70 mph and with out a head wind I can be around 50 mpg when I set the cruise control to that speed.  I wish I had a 6 gallon tank  :(

Thanks for the info O0 my plans are for pipes pc111 and air cleaner in the near future. I understand there is a problem with loosing power when using true dual pipes and it causes a reduction in back pressure. With a 2 into one I wonder how it looks on the side missing the pipe? seems like it would just have a big hole.
It never stops hurting you just stop caring
Pages: 1 [2]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal