Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: MID AUGUST STATEWIDE MEET  (Read 13110 times)

HeadGuess

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Wills Point, Texas
Re: MID AUGUST STATEWIDE MEET
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2006, 05:52:48 PM »

I like Lake Conroe.

hillcountryrider

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2006, 06:59:47 PM »

whatever happened to the meeting place being a CENTRAL location ;D ;D ;D

BDC

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2006, 09:14:02 PM »

Hell I'm all for Lake Whitney O0 but Waco seems to be the place to meet?

sgtstever

• Master Tejano Rider
  • BOHICA
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2006, 09:24:27 PM »

How about South Korea?  Anyone?  It can't be that much to ship bikes over there?  Come on, let's include everyone!  I know a great place in Seoul!  They are real biker friendly!  Any takers?  No?  Why not?
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2006, 11:02:56 PM »

I'm in for Waco, and like RD, will be out of town around the 7th. Will be cruising around the UP of Michigan on some model of Victory with the best man from my wedding, (who works for Polaris, and gets free loaner bikes), and 4 -6 others.

RAUP anyone?  O0
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

sherri

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • The Woodlands
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2006, 09:54:59 AM »

How about Lake Somerville. There are some of us who still haven't seen it. hehe

Sherri
Is there some good place that 20 to 60 VTXers can be served? I have also heard that they are not real biker friendly in that area (SHERIFF) We need a place to meet and eat!!!!!

Well I hear that the Country Inn has a really big steak but I've only heard. Have not heard about the Sheriff.

Sherri

If you ever see me with horns sticking out of my helmet
call an ambulance  .  .  .  .    I’ve hit a deer

smooth x

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Centerville, Ohio
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2006, 12:03:51 PM »

I would like to jump in and vote for Temple area....

MODS Who has those things???? Ride it like you Stole it......

hillcountryrider

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2006, 12:33:49 PM »

Kenny,

what about the Lake Belton area ...... that would be right next to Temple  O0 O0

I still think Brentos had a good idea about having it by/on the water O0 O0

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2006, 01:26:41 PM »

Kenny,

what about the Lake Belton area ...... that would be right next to Temple  O0 O0

I would like some others to suggest a location even though RD has said to take it and run with it, only because in the first post I said we could vote on it. I have not seen a post that specified (sp) anther location that could handle 20 to 60. We do not and prob. wont get a true count. Just an area suggestion is not enough!!!!! If something else is chosen that person needs to be ready to take posession and responseability for the meet!!! If there are no other VIABLE suggestions. Lake Belton in about 8 miles from Las Casas, the start of the cow tipping ride is about 10 miles from there and water on the way! We can also look at the Turkey Roost camp area and see we should try it again next spring. I just want others to have a chance. I want more people to say GO FOR IT or post something else that can work! Did I say too much?????
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2006, 02:12:45 PM »

Not too much, and furthermore, your spelling was SPECTACULAR!!!! O0
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

RedDragon

• Master of Monumental Proportions
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2006, 02:48:18 PM »

Kenny,

I would like some others to suggest a location even though RD has said to take it and run with it, only because in the first post I said we could vote on it. I have not seen a post that specified (sp) anther location that could handle 20 to 60. We do not and prob. wont get a true count. Just an area suggestion is not enough!!!!! If something else is chosen that person needs to be ready to take posession and responseability for the meet!!! If there are no other VIABLE suggestions. Lake Belton in about 8 miles from Las Casas, the start of the cow tipping ride is about 10 miles from there and water on the way! We can also look at the Turkey Roost camp area and see we should try it again next spring. I just want others to have a chance. I want more people to say GO FOR IT or post something else that can work! Did I say too much?????

GO FOR IT KENNY!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

2005 VTX 1800C Red Tribal Flame
2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

hillcountryrider

« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2006, 03:44:23 PM »

NO Kenny.... you didn't say too much....... maybe we need to make you the VICE PREZ ....... ;D O0 ;D O0 ;D O0

I nominate Kenny for VICE PREZ  O0 O0 O0

forevrtxan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • (Leander) Austin, Texas
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2006, 03:45:17 PM »

Lake Whitney (http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/spdest/findadest/parks/lake_whitney/) or Lake Belton sound good to me. Lots of pretty roads (FM) around both.  :) :)
David

'05 1800R2 (with sidestand down)

Old enuff to know better....but young enuff to still do it!!!!!!

Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway~~John Wayne

All the way up in there!!!! (Quote from VTreX at BBTIII)

brentos

• Old Timer
  • Austin, Texas
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2006, 04:17:59 PM »

I will be at my sisters wedding the first weekend in August. Is that the date we are looking at for this? If so, Darn it!! - If it is the next weekend - Wahoooo!!!. Can we set up a thread with a poll like on the national board? That might be a good way to take a census. But in the end - who ever takes on the job of planning should have the final word. My last 2 cents.
Brent Johnston - '05 1300S beetle bags, switchblade 2-up, Corbin dual tour, Roadhouse slip-ons, Fatty Beach Bars, etc.

hillcountryrider

« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2006, 04:37:05 PM »

If you go to the web site posted above for Lake Whitney state park .... they have cabins available for the 11th and 12th which would be the second weekened in August ........ they probably have lots of tent sites available as well...............oops......... it looks like those are not cabins, but camping sites
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 04:42:12 PM by hillcountryrider »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal