Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: MID AUGUST STATEWIDE MEET  (Read 13083 times)

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
Re: MID AUGUST STATEWIDE MEET
« Reply #75 on: July 10, 2006, 01:46:20 PM »

nothing wrong with being just a good ole' redneck meskin boy

meskin???

It's an old song by little joe y la familia.  Talks about how he grew up being a redneck mexican.  Titled "redneck meskin boy".
   Little Joe is from Temple and his recording studio (sp) is next door to Las Casas.  In this thread there is some concern about the 11: am time. On other state wide meets many people ridden half a day ate and rode half a day home. We plan to ride after we eat and I know everyone can not spend the nite in the area. There is no good answer for a state as big as TEXAS, but please come if you can!!!! I know all can not attened every month and every month is too often. When was the last state wide?? Was it THE Lone Star Rally?? It has been a while and this has been posted for a long time please plan on comming and spend the nite if you can... More info. later, prob. on a NEW THREAD!!! O0 O0 O0 :D ;D ;D
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

pepsX

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Missouri City TX
    • pepsX products
« Reply #76 on: July 10, 2006, 02:03:40 PM »

do you have a list of places to stay overnight?
I used to have 1000 post on the old board.

www.pepsX.com

bIgPrO

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Houston, South Side
« Reply #77 on: July 10, 2006, 02:12:04 PM »

meskin???

It's an old song by little joe y la familia.  Talks about how he grew up being a redneck mexican.  Titled "redneck meskin boy".
   Little Joe is from Temple and his recording studio (sp) is next door to Las Casas.  In this thread there is some concern about the 11: am time. On other state wide meets many people ridden half a day ate and rode half a day home. We plan to ride after we eat and I know everyone can not spend the nite in the area. There is no good answer for a state as big as TEXAS, but please come if you can!!!! I know all can not attened every month and every month is too often. When was the last state wide?? Was it THE Lone Star Rally?? It has been a while and this has been posted for a long time please plan on comming and spend the nite if you can... More info. later, prob. on a NEW THREAD!!! O0 O0 O0 :D ;D ;D

wasn't the last meet called Bluebonnet? Now that my bike is close to being finished I am going to try a set up maybe a Houston X Rider overnight stay once a month going to different area. For instance a trip to Dallas, Austin and San Antonio say leaving in the a.m on Saturday and coming home on Sunday. I think a few big meets a year are good but with this state being so large it is difficult to please everyone. Alot of people seem go to the Lone Star Rally so that Just seems to be a no brainer to have one then and this is our 3rd year doing it as well.
Bigbear
NO X :(

07 Big Bear Chopper
300 rear tire, 44 degree rake,
S&S 100 Smooth,BBC Tornado Air Kit,V-Twin Pirate footpegs, 191/4 seat height

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #78 on: July 10, 2006, 02:43:09 PM »

meskin???

wasn't the last meet called Bluebonnet? Now that my bike is close to being finished I am going to try a set up maybe a Houston X Rider overnight stay once a month going to different area. For instance a trip to Dallas, Austin and San Antonio say leaving in the a.m on Saturday and coming home on Sunday. I think a few big meets a year are good but with this state being so large it is difficult to please everyone. Alot of people seem go to the Lone Star Rally so that Just seems to be a no brainer to have one then and this is our 3rd year doing it as well.
  My bad bigPro Bluebonnet it was and I was there. On the other hand, as long as I hunt I will prob. not make Lone Star. I would prob. like it but not opening weekend of Deer Season!!!! Ride Safe.
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

snake

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • What a ride it's been!
« Reply #79 on: July 10, 2006, 09:10:08 PM »

In this thread there is some concern about the 11: am time. On other state wide meets many people ridden half a day ate and rode half a day home. We plan to ride after we eat and I know everyone can not spend the nite in the area. There is no good answer for a state as big as TEXAS, but please come if you can!!!! I

????? Is this you saying anything after 11 is out of the question???   HHHMmmmm 7 am to 8pm =13 hrs/2==6.5 hours. The sun is up a little earlier and a little later than 7 and 8 but lets use this. Lunch at 1 gives 6 good hours riding time before lunch. More people can/will attend. Eat and drink a hour or a little more leaves 6 hours riding time before dark. Whats wrong with that?
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

Dusty

« Reply #80 on: July 11, 2006, 03:50:51 AM »

Like Kenny said, there is not a plan that will be perfect for eveyone. The State is just too big. I really don't have a dog in this hunt because, like I had said before, I won't make one of these unless I can stay the night. Over 300 miles a day changes from fun to unfun (<~~new word) for some of us. I'll do it, but it's to reach a destination, not be back home the same day with 800 miles on my butt.
Naturally, people that live close to the meet will want to go riding because they only rode an hour to get there.  You can't visit much while riding and eating, and most places don't have room for us to stand around and visit. As for me, a short ride (30-40 miles) to a shady spot by a river or lake for more time to shoot the bull would be great. It's gonna be HOT! The hottest part of the day is from 12 to 4.
Although 11:00 will beat the noon dining crowd, it seems a little early for the situation. If we ate at 1:00, out at 3:00, that gives 5 hours till dark to visit, ride, ride home or a little of all of it.

My $.00199999999  :D

Bill

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #81 on: July 11, 2006, 09:22:16 AM »

O.K.  O.K.  Like I have said before, I want all to come that want to!!!! The best way to get in-put is to post something and you get it!!!!!! 1:00 p.m. it is and I spect to see y'all. Let it not be said I will not bend, but only a few times ;D ;D O0 O0 As far as hotels P.M. your preference and I will look it up for you. There are camp grounds on Lake Belton, they fill up!!!!! There are two Corp parks that would be best one is Ceder Ridge Park and the other is Live Oak Ridge Park. Lake Headquarters # 1 254 939 2461. The best park would be Ceder Ridge but eather would be close... FIVE WEEKS TILL THE STATE WIDE MAKE YOUR PLANS O0 O0 O0 :o :o ;D :D ;) :) :'( :-* :-\ :-X 8) :( >:( :P      It takes all of us to be THE TEXAS X RIDERS!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 01:44:30 PM by VTreX »

snake

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • What a ride it's been!
« Reply #82 on: July 11, 2006, 12:37:15 PM »

O.K.  O.K.  1:00 p.m. it is and I spect to see y'all. Let it not be said I will not bend, but only a few times ;D ;D O0 O0
You da man Ken! Oh wait... You're bending over? Do you hear the brokeback song in the background?? J/K Kenny,  ;Dwill even take off of work (overtime) to make this one!! viva la Xriders!!
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #83 on: July 11, 2006, 08:03:07 PM »

O.K.  O.K.  1:00 p.m. it is and I spect to see y'all. Let it not be said I will not bend, but only a few times ;D ;D O0 O0
You da man Ken! Oh wait... You're bending over? Do you hear the brokeback song in the background?? J/K Kenny,  ;Dwill even take off of work (overtime) to make this one!! viva la Xriders!!
      I was bending, NOT OVER!!! The road less traveled>> I want to show the Turkey Roost camp area and hopefully set a state wide for the spring every year.... The earler we start the more spots we can get!!!!!

hillcountryrider

« Reply #84 on: July 12, 2006, 11:14:05 AM »

Where exactly is the Turkey Roost ?? have heard mention of it on here ....... sounds like a cool place 

hillcountryrider

« Reply #85 on: July 13, 2006, 12:21:45 PM »

I'll be coming up the back way thru Burnet, Bertram, Andice, Florence & then by the lakes or to Salado & up I-35.  Probably by the lakes because I-35 to me is an avoid at all costs thing.

If a few of you guys want to join in, that would be good.

Jerry

I am not sure if I can make it yet, but if I can and you come up 281 I would definately be interested in hooking up for the ride .   O0 O0 O0 O0
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal