Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My time is soon comming.  (Read 1073 times)

tom cat

• Texas X Rider OverLord
My time is soon comming.
« on: October 21, 2007, 10:31:54 PM »

No I am not dieing soon, so far as I know. What I mean is, The pressure cooker of, babies, wife in school & working, is going to let up. She gets her paper in Dec. She has a good job, She will be able to deal with all the bills. Not that me earning a income is over, but the grinder for me is letting off the pressure. She is set, to deal with the world, and take on the load should I fail. She is 17 years younger than me, and for the last 11 years I have been pushing to get here. I know I married the right woman because she told me to go find a job that makes me happy. No restrictions , To quote, You hate your job, you are grumpy, and unhappy, Go have a adventure, Make money send it home. She is correct, With my skills, I can double my income with a phone call. At the ripe old age of 50, I have choices  to make. I am a    railroader, a certified welder, a crane operator, The lead Man, meaning I run the work force without the pay of a supervisor, but get the blame. for what ever goes wrong. I truly hate my job now. I can stay there and change jobs soon, To a lesser job in the back ground, and get my license as a crop duster. That is a dream I had long ago. We tried, but my partner died, over 20 years ago. Then came kids and all that goes with that. I still have kids, I am not trying to end up in a early grave, but I can't  stand how boring my life has become. Its not boring in the sense that nothing happens, it's  boring in the sense that I don't care. I have spent most of my life doing what needed to be done to take care of those that I love.
Now for the first time ever It's all about me. Problem is I am so behind the times, I am scared, and not sure how to deal with my new freedom. I have adapted and dealt with every challenge, so far. Freedom can be the void you never planed for. I won't waste it, but I can't say I will use to the best effect. I intend to enjoy it for as long as it will last.

murray_61

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Hobe Sound, FL
    • facebook
Re: My time is soon comming.
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2007, 11:54:19 PM »

That's awesome, I'm happy for you Tom...  All the Best!

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2007, 12:59:46 AM »

Tom does that mean we can ride around this great country looking for work and hopeing NOT to find it  ::) O0 8) ?????????  SMELL THE BUMPER          Ride Safe Ride Long   O0 O0
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

solitary-man

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2007, 06:35:25 AM »

Tom I changed careers last year at the age of 51 and have never regretted it. I thought it was too late in life to do that but it was the best thing I have done in years. Stress is off now and I enjoy going to work. Go for what makes you happy. Life is too short, enjoy it while you can. Besides were to young to be wingers. O0

TomVTX

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Blanco, Texas
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2007, 07:53:22 AM »

From one Tom to another Tom.  After spending 30 years in the ever changing world of education and finally deciding (since I was eligilbe) to go ahead and retire.  I know not everyone can retire at the age of 54, but what I'm trying to say here is that just making the change has lifted more burdens off my shoulders than I ever knew were there.  I start looking around thinking I need to go to work doing something, so I check it out and make a few calls and then I hope they won't call me back...  What a deal.  Just keep looking for the job or work that will make you happy.  Life is too short to be unhappy trying to make ends meet.  Good luck and we'll see you around.

sherri

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • The Woodlands
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2007, 11:37:42 AM »

and until you find the right job, RIDE O0

sherri

If you ever see me with horns sticking out of my helmet
call an ambulance  .  .  .  .    I’ve hit a deer

tom cat

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2007, 10:25:00 PM »

I dodged another bullet, My big kid came home with plans for me to Co sign for him to buy a Trailer house. Uh, No. I will give him the land to put it on. I will help with the down payment, but he is a grown man, Yes I will help, but my credit is not going to be linked to his in any way. A sudden change of heart, can happen with young people. The money involved would get ugly any other way. The down payment,  even if that is gone forever and never repaid. I will get over. Tie up my credit in a trailer house deal for 16 years, lets not.         

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal