Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: final drive swap  (Read 3202 times)

X-aholic

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • BOOKEM
Re: final drive swap
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2007, 03:26:19 PM »

how does it effect the take off speed of the 1800? I know it helps the 1300 but would I be getting the shi#@y end of the deal?
take off will suffer slightly, but you can run it farther up before hitting the rev limiter. only time i've seen another 1800 beat a "swapped" 1800 is when the "unswapped" 1800 started out in 2nd gear. simply put, with the 1300 gearing you'll be shifting around 40-45mph before hitting the limiter as opposed to 30-35mph on 1800 gearing. so as the "unswapped" 1800 is shifting your still excellerating. kind of equals out until the top end when the 1300 gearing will get you to a higher mph. thinking of trying this myself, not really into the drag racing and more into putting on the highway miles. good luck and ride safe
cool thanks for the info what do you think frogg?

mudfrogg

• Old Timer
    • www.dallaspi.com
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2007, 03:07:23 PM »

Sounds good to me.  Do you have the tools?

justin69

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "NO PAIN, NO STAIN!!!" Ft. worth
    • http://myspace.com/jbeachbum_xrider
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2007, 04:41:33 PM »

Justin, if you are still looking to do the swap out let me know cuz i would definetly be interested

hell ya I still wanna do it! when ever your ready brotha. whats up with your nextel? every time I try to chirp in on ya it says your out of range.

OCIFFER, I SweAr To DRunK I'M NoT GoD!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/jbeachbum_xrider

jgann3375

• Tejano
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2007, 07:31:01 AM »

Sorry Brother changed jobs got a new phone i will PM u with the number
It is not the destination that matters it is the trip to the destination

Blueflameguy2

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Tarkington Prairie (45 miles ne of houston)
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2007, 12:59:48 PM »

i gotta say, for the 3 weeks i got to ride my 1300 with the 1800 final drive, i friggin loved it.  took a small hit to mpg, but i was always taking off like crazy and doing my damnedest to drive it like a crotch rocket.  it is louder when cruizing around and at first i was always looking for a 7th gear.  but you get used to it pretty quick.  id definately reccomend any 1300 riders that like to play around to do this.  if youre more of a nice peaceful, long cruizin kinda guy, id say no.....

justin69

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "NO PAIN, NO STAIN!!!" Ft. worth
    • http://myspace.com/jbeachbum_xrider
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2007, 04:59:22 PM »

i gotta say, for the 3 weeks i got to ride my 1300 with the 1800 final drive, i friggin loved it.  took a small hit to mpg, but i was always taking off like crazy and doing my damnedest to drive it like a crotch rocket.  it is louder when cruizing around and at first i was always looking for a 7th gear.  but you get used to it pretty quick.  id definately reccomend any 1300 riders that like to play around to do this.  if youre more of a nice peaceful, long cruizin kinda guy, id say no.....

hell ya!!!! O0 thats exactly what I wanted to hear. thanks for the info man O0 so what are you gonna do? get another 1300, or just go with an 1800. how long till that leg heals :-\

OCIFFER, I SweAr To DRunK I'M NoT GoD!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/jbeachbum_xrider

Blueflameguy2

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Tarkington Prairie (45 miles ne of houston)
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2007, 06:44:48 PM »

hell ya!!!! O0 thats exactly what I wanted to hear. thanks for the info man O0 so what are you gonna do? get another 1300, or just go with an 1800. how long till that leg heals :-\

no idea man....  the cast on my wrist will be there for at least 3 months.  everything elses should be healed enough by then.

i guess if i have my choice in bikes, id get the neo.  would really like to move up but it all depends on the prices i find.  really wouldnt be unhappy with another 1300 either.  loved that one.  not gonna rule out the other brands either.  other than the v-rod, theres not really any hd's that i would even consider having, so no worries about me goin that route....

Crewsn

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • leander(austin), texas
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2007, 09:13:41 PM »

just to follow up on my previous post, sgtstever and I are going to be swapping this weeekend. i'll do a write up on it with some pics and post it sunday or monday. ride safe.
03 1800 C, airbox mod, K&N filter, roadhouse shorty.

ViciousNoob

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2007, 11:38:12 PM »

just to follow up on my previous post, sgtstever and I are going to be swapping this weeekend. i'll do a write up on it with some pics and post it sunday or monday. ride safe.

B-Double E- Double R....

Oh hell, just drink some beer for n00b! I'll be at freakin work...
If I wasn't n00b, I sure would want to be!!! ;-)

sgtstever

• Master Tejano Rider
  • BOHICA
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2007, 11:01:31 AM »

B-Double E- Double R....

Oh hell, just drink some beer for n00b! I'll be at freakin work...

You wus, blow off work and come on out............... 8)
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"
Pages: 1 [2]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal