Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Redoing my old house, Dinamite is a option.  (Read 627 times)

tom cat

• Texas X Rider OverLord
Redoing my old house, Dinamite is a option.
« on: October 16, 2007, 06:12:59 PM »

My wife has been watching TV and getting ideas. Holms on homes, something like that. The plan changes on a weekly basis. My skill as a wood butcher is in the weekend wonder class. Yes I can do much of it. Problem is trying to live in a house that needs the works, while it is being done. I have no clue how to do that. I don't want a unhappy wife, Oh well, back to reality.
She wants the wiring brought to code, the plumbing brought to code, and a total remake of the house, with add ons. Most of the repairs  I have done so far are of the kind where the budget was 0$ or less, and it involved survival. Yes we still live here, but the house is old. Redone several times, by people with varying amounts of skill. It is in the sticks so code was never a thing to worry about for other owners. I need advice from those who have torn the top off of a money pit. I have some time to hee&haw before this gets ugly. I think it will. I don't want to move, and want my wife to have the house she wants. I am mostly just looking for a way out of a looming nightmare. It will go down, some how, some way, I am thinking, build her another house on this place, we have the room. Then redo this house on my time scale. I just Hate this kind of crap.       

snake

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • What a ride it's been!
Re: Redoing my old house, Dinamite is a option.
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 06:23:29 PM »

Awww, just move east Tom. We need more people in this area anyway.
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

WILD E

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007, 06:57:11 PM »

Tom you might try a little fresh paint and  arrange the  furniture a bit ,maybe that will take her mind off remodeling.  :-\
Jay
03 1800 VTX RS BLACK
New Braunfels

Pug

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2007, 07:41:53 PM »

Here's a gen-you-ine do-it-yur-seff video for ya...

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/457584/mr_bean_try_to_paint_his_house/
2006 1800R Spec2 Lightly Farkled -- RIP: ST1300 ABS / BMW R1100RT / 2008 GL1800 / 2006 VTX 1300S / 1997 Aspencade 1500

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal