Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Trip Check List  (Read 1150 times)

Doughboy

• Old Timer
  • Webster, TX
Trip Check List
« on: October 14, 2007, 06:29:07 PM »

I know it says Camping, but you can customize it, it helped me alot on my last trip.  Thought I would share.

http://www.micapeak.com/info/mclist.html
06 1300R  Black Cherry, Fox Creek Saddlebags w/easy brackets & windshield bag, Memphis Windshield, NC Light Bar, 1800C risers, Paladin backrest and rack, Fatty bar with Longhorn Dually pegs.

Raydar

• Old Timer
Re: Trip Check List
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 08:11:25 AM »

How the hell do you get all that on a bike??  I don't take that much with me for a 4 day ride.
2005R, silver, windshield, bags, sissy bar, engine guards, highway pegs, pullback risers

X-aholic

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • BOOKEM
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 09:04:53 AM »

you would need a trailer to carry all that crap.

bIgPrO

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Houston, South Side
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2007, 09:41:15 AM »

O0 that's what I am talking about  O0
Bigbear
NO X :(

07 Big Bear Chopper
300 rear tire, 44 degree rake,
S&S 100 Smooth,BBC Tornado Air Kit,V-Twin Pirate footpegs, 191/4 seat height

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2007, 10:39:51 AM »

This was for 12 days and I didn't have half of the suggested list  :-\ and I didn't run out of anything or think "damn I forgot" one time. I take that back. I forgot the musturd for my flour tortillas and Vienna sausages.
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

snake

• What a ride it's been!
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2007, 10:41:54 AM »

EERRrrr, settle down Paul, he was talking about a trailer BEHIND the bike, not a bike on one... ;D I know it got you ready for a road trip pulling your scoot, but he's talkin' pulling a bike trailer! ::) :o ;D
Sheeyut! I wouldn't take half that stuff on a two week in a car, much less the bike.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 10:46:51 AM by snake »
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

bIgPrO

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Houston, South Side
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2007, 10:43:01 AM »

EERRrrr, settle down Paul, he was talking about a trailer BEHIND the bike, not a bike on one... ;D I know it got you ready for a road trip pulling your scoot, but he's talkin' pulling a bike trailer! ::) :o ;D

:( :( :( :( :(
Bigbear
NO X :(

07 Big Bear Chopper
300 rear tire, 44 degree rake,
S&S 100 Smooth,BBC Tornado Air Kit,V-Twin Pirate footpegs, 191/4 seat height

X-aholic

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • BOOKEM
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2007, 11:35:00 AM »

O0 that's what I am talking about  O0
didnt mean to get you excited,

jackandangie

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2007, 02:16:22 PM »

Sure the list is huge, but the key word is "customize". You can customize the list by adding and removing stuff from it and them print it out so you can check stuff off as you load it. Pretty good deal if you ask me.

Jack

hooter

• Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2007, 03:27:06 PM »

Sure the list is huge, but the key word is "customize". You can customize the list by adding and removing stuff from it and them print it out so you can check stuff off as you load it. Pretty good deal if you ask me.

Jack

I know customize is the word and I feel everybody was just having fun, at least anyone that's riden the long roads. Of that list I carry 45 of the possible 131 items listed and then some more that I've added to it. I have a list of must go items that will hopefully get me thru almost any situation out there and anything else is just extra. Somebody posted this same list about a year ago and I used it to update my old list. I know as well as you that when your out there in the middle of nowhere, by yourself, and something happens, your praying that you've got the right tool and hopefully find something to patch or fix the problem to get you on down the road. You had wheel bearing problems on you Alaskan trip and it's kinda hard to plan for situations like that but I'll bet you had most everything else covered due to planning and a check list. You can bet your Cranberries the last thing I look at before I leave for a trip is that packing check list.
Good post Doughboy, just having fun  ;D O0 O0 O0
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

tom cat

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2007, 08:27:28 PM »

I pack old clothes, Wear once, then burn them in the camp fire,making room for new clothes. under wear and socks the same. Better than seeing the wife use your favorite T shirt that she hates, you know the one, as a dust rag. You will get new clothes during the trip.
I tend to over pack tools. Having a hard time getting over old habits. Rebuilding this bike in the ditch is not a option. I have a cell phone now. Another fact that I have not come to terms with. Soon they will have GPS and all the other crap some claim you need. Getting lost for me is a major goal. I find more cool places that way, some I have had to make a quick exit from.     

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal