Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: If I took a trip to Arkansas where would the best riding be?(WE ARE GOING!!!!)  (Read 5794 times)

KEBS

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Spring, Texas

DAR, great idea and where to next? Jerry the company was enjoyed as usual.

I gotta know... did you three soggy rascals make it home?

Thank you again for meeting with us, it was a blast!!!

Home at last!!!  I got to my parents house and my mom had a hot bowl of soup waiting and clothes and socks in the dryer for me to get warm when I got here.

Me , HoBo, And Dusty are going over Thanksgiving weekend. Leaving Thursday morn and back the following Sunday. It's goina be cool in both terms of the word. Not lookin for making all the miles we can ride, but for the smiles per miles style trip.

Man I'd love to go back, but my 7 days back to work starts Thanksgiving day.  The hospitality at the Ironhorse hotel was awesome.  The other biker hotel was called Bikers Rest closer in to Eureka Springs.  The owner of the Ironhorse mapped out roads for us to try and they were very friendly.
Becca
2002 Silver VTX 1800C - no more it's gone gone
2007 FXSTSSE (HD Soft Tail Springer Screaming Eagle 110)
2008 Suzuki Hayabusa

http://www.myspace.com/spankmesweet

nickyd

The Tejas Trifectas were cordial n would always be welcomed back 2 The Natural State. Ya'll couldn't have picked better weather 4 N AR as it was unseasonably warm though a tad windy on Sun. My apologizes 4 my waterpump forcin' me 2 take the day off Sat. Glad ya made it home safely. Should you find yaself up this ways again try spendin' the 1st night in Hot Springs. I'll take ya 4 the pork rib, central AR tour b4 headin' North.  O0

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)

DAR, great idea and where to next? Jerry the company was enjoyed as usual.

I gotta know... did you three soggy rascals make it home?

Thank you again for meeting with us, it was a blast!!!

Home at last!!!  I got to my parents house and my mom had a hot bowl of soup waiting and clothes and socks in the dryer for me to get warm when I got here.

Me , HoBo, And Dusty are going over Thanksgiving weekend. Leaving Thursday morn and back the following Sunday. It's goina be cool in both terms of the word. Not lookin for making all the miles we can ride, but for the smiles per miles style trip.

Man I'd love to go back, but my 7 days back to work starts Thanksgiving day.  The hospitality at the Ironhorse hotel was awesome.  The other biker hotel was called Bikers Rest closer in to Eureka Springs.  The owner of the Ironhorse mapped out roads for us to try and they were very friendly.

Thanks fot the heads up on the motels. Will stop at one or both if in those areas.  O0
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

snake

• What a ride it's been!

Enjoyed it guys... Don't get too many of our folk up this way, especially a great group such as ya'll. Fair warning to anyone wanting to play with Keb's, SHE'S HOT! She can't "hop" but she can haul Cranberries ;D. Damn fine bike Kebs. Ya'll are a pair. 8)
Jerry, Dar, enjoyed and hope I wasn't going too fast in the fog and rain for your comfort levels. Hate ya'll had to go all the way home in the rain. Dar, I'll be interested to hear what you think of the Talimena drive. 54 miles of mountain top ridge roads has to get some kind of response..... ;D
Glad ya'll are safe and well.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 07:37:07 AM by snake »
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

lakebum1980

• Old Timer

Fair warning to anyone wanting to play with Keb's, SHE'S HOT!

Probably not the best thing to announce on a board full of bikers.  Now that poor girl is going to have everyone in the state just looking for a reason to head down to her area to ride with that group. ;D
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 08:13:16 AM by lakebum1980 »

snake

• What a ride it's been!

No, most people who know her are prolly scared to play with her, LOL. Either 110 she rides is too much for most to handle. And that girl, she do like to play........ ;D She'll dust your butt quick!
     420! Yeah, baby!

DAR-Silver Surfer

• Old Timer
  • 1300R - Spring, Tx.

Wow - the only thing I can say is that I can't wait to go back because - I am going back!  The rides, views, and people were all great and we only saw the tip of it all.

It was a great crew to ride with and Nick and John were welcome and valued guests. Nothing could be better than to have a better time than you thought you were going to have.

Dar, I'll be interested to hear what you think of the Talimena drive. 54 miles of mountain top ridge roads has to get some kind of response..... ;D
Glad ya'll are safe and well.

John the words to discribe this just can't come to me. Undiscribable, no words can be offered. It was like being in a cloud. Oh wait! We were in the cloud ;D ::) :'(   Visabality 15 - 20 feet O0

Now known as - The Silver Surfer

RedDragon

Next time you go, let me know, my dad lives in the middle of the ozarks, we got a place to stay, just need a little notice to plan.  O0

2005 VTX 1800C Red Tribal Flame
2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

nickyd

If there's any precipitation in the air it's gonna be @ the top of the hills. I had thought about meetin' ya'll 'round Paris, Tx n comin' in2 Mena thru da back door but, it's such a long hike 4 ya comin' from Houston. Maybe next time ya'll won't have 2 help me work on my bike n I'll be able 2 ride Saturday as well. However. I'd rather ride 2 Eureka Springs, work on the scoot n ride back than sit out the house n work on it! Ya'll come back now, Ya hear?

Where is the middle of the Ozarks?

RedDragon

If there's any precipitation in the air it's gonna be @ the top of the hills. I had thought about meetin' ya'll 'round Paris, Tx n comin' in2 Mena thru da back door but, it's such a long hike 4 ya comin' from Houston. Maybe next time ya'll won't have 2 help me work on my bike n I'll be able 2 ride Saturday as well. However. I'd rather ride 2 Eureka Springs, work on the scoot n ride back than sit out the house n work on it! Ya'll come back now, Ya hear?

Where is the middle of the Ozarks?

Melbourne, It might not be in the middle, but it is in them.

2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

nickyd

I know where that's @. I used 2 trout fish from just N of Calico Rock down 2 Mountain View. Had a bud that lived in 56. Don't get me started on fishin' stories. Used 2 take waders n drive 'round hit the shoals. I was just S of there a while back.............

RedDragon

I know where that's @. I used 2 trout fish from just N of Calico Rock down 2 Mountain View. Had a bud that lived in 56. Don't get me started on fishin' stories. Used 2 take waders n drive 'round hit the shoals. I was just S of there a while back.............

Yep, Whole Kernel Corn and a fishing pole.

2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

nickyd

That might explain why I was havin' a prob limitin' out.....I was usin' a Texican rig :D, cream corn in cheese cloth w/3 ought treble :o.........

We call 'em cornholers n as a rule won't admit 2 it unless caught in the act or in possesion of prima facie evidence. ::)

snake

• What a ride it's been!

We call 'em cornholers n as a rule won't admit 2 it unless caught in the act or in possesion of prima facie evidence. ::)
Hmmm, corn holers in Arkansas! I can see why you wouldn't admit to that! LOL :o :o ;D
It sounded like you were calling it a Texan rig though. Everyone knows we don't have no stinkin' cornholers over here!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 12:00:47 PM by snake »
     420! Yeah, baby!

nickyd

Everyone knows we don't have no stinkin' cornholers over here!

Easy greasy, we have an old sayin' over here in Rkinsaw, "Da guilty pig is da 1st 2 squeal"  :o :o :D ::)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal