Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: BUB jug headers  (Read 1069 times)

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
BUB jug headers
« on: October 03, 2007, 06:08:19 PM »

Well tried to install the BUBS  and no go have no clue as to what the hell kind of mount they sent seems to be part of the frame.I called their tech dept and no frigin help at all.I hear what good pipes they are and all but my 2 cents they are a peice of shitlThey do have a pretty poor quality control department from reading other posts.I should have left well enough alone and stuck with the HL.
Alvin,Texas

scottyb1

• Tejano
Re: BUB jug headers
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 06:39:50 PM »

Read and re-read the instructions,it is pretty much self explanatory.If you need help holler loud ;D ;D ;D
2005 VTX 1300C, candy apple red leatherlyke bags,mustang seat,,honda line deluxe sissy bar,memphis windshield,lots of chrome, mustang tank bib.kuryakyn highway pegs, kuryakyn wide style levers.Jug huggers,K&N air filter

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2007, 04:24:43 AM »

I read the instructions from BUB and the ones off the main board and for the life of me still cannot figure how the bracket attaches to the frame.Even had the wife come out and see if she saw anything different than I did and on the main board they said I had the correct bracket.It beats the hell out of me never had anything give me so much trouble as these damn things the rest of the install looks to be no problem.
Alvin,Texas

rbrown

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2007, 04:58:55 AM »

Can you take a picture of the bracket and post it on the board? This might allow us to shed some light or maybe not but it's worth a shot.

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2007, 05:15:34 AM »

The bracket is the right one according to a few on the main board Big & Black had some pics on page 41 of the BUB club post and its the same as the one I have but will try to do that anyway just to see and also a pic of where it should mount on the bike as well.It will bug me till I get home this afternoon to try and tackle it again lol.
Alvin,Texas

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2007, 06:06:25 AM »

I've found that on some of these things that you get for your bike the best thing to do is throw out the instructions and think outside the box and use some wild imagination.  O0 :D :D :D
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

rbrown

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2007, 06:42:05 AM »

I know how it can drive you crazy but if everyone says it's the right bracket then there might be hope. A picture of the bracket and the pipe held in roughly the correct position might help. I know my Cobra Slashcuts have the bracket on the pipe and it bolts into the stock frame bracket.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal