Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Recommendations  (Read 1201 times)

havokgroup.com

Recommendations
« on: October 02, 2007, 09:34:41 PM »

Hello all...I just wanted to get some recommendations from other members.  I recently bought a 2002 1800C and I'm looking to get a set of pipes, power commander, and a k&n filter.  I was looking to see where most members purchased and installed these items at.   

Thanks for the help in advance, BTW I'm located in Houston (Southwest).

SouthernXer

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • BRAD Allen, Texas
    • Me playing music
Re: Recommendations
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 10:56:51 PM »

Welcome to the group.  Search function will be your best friend in this case.  There are probably a thousand threads on everyones opinion.

Personally, I have the V&H Bigshots, Thunder Tornado Air, and PCIII with a custom map done on a dyno.  I installed everything myself except for the custom map load, of course.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2007, 11:10:20 PM by SouthernXer »

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2007, 05:57:56 AM »

02 1800C

havokgroup.com

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2007, 07:21:22 AM »

Thanks for the comments.  I have been checking out hondadirect and a few other places.  I was just seeing if we had any local venders.

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2007, 12:19:36 PM »

C&C Cycle
379 Sawdust Rd., Spring
281/419-8786
www.candccycleonline.com
02 1800C

sem_bunda

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2007, 02:37:36 PM »

I had the dealer install Cobra dragsters on my '06 1300 retro.  Can't help w/local vendors or install, but the dragsters sound great on a 1300.  V&H sounds good on the 1800 too.

rbrown

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2007, 04:55:33 PM »

I might also mention the B&B fuel manager but it depends on what you want. The PCIII with two custom maps (performance & economy) will run you a little more than the B&B but the B&B is a closed loop system that you don't ever have to get mapped.

As far as the pipes go, the best thing to do is listen to other X's with different pipes to see what you like before you buy.

Crewsn

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • leander(austin), texas
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2007, 09:50:33 PM »

if you want the PCIII and a dyno run with a map you may want to consider a trip up to austin/round rock to visit with johnny cheese. he is a dealer and a certified dynojet tuner. so you can get your PCIII, get it installed, and put on the dyno in one day. but do make sure you have all other mods done first before the custom map. by changing anything after the map you wil have to have the bike re-mapped. so get your intake and exhaust mods done first, then your PCIII and custom map. good luck and ride safe.
03 1800 C, airbox mod, K&N filter, roadhouse shorty.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal