Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Arrived Alive  (Read 2611 times)

vtxcrzr

• Old Timer
  • New Braunfels, TX Black 1800C
Arrived Alive
« on: June 08, 2006, 07:24:48 AM »

Well I arrived alive last night from Pittsburgh.  1,480 miles in 23 hours drive time over 2.2 days. Went through Austin around 5:15, that sucked!  Rolled into New Braunfels about 6:30 PM checked into the hotel and ate dinner at Rubys BBQ. The refridgerator gets delivered this morning and then off to the store to fill it up with something cool to drink for the moving guys tomorrow and for me this weekend as I already have to mow the lawn  >:(.  And I am sure the honey do list is 5 miles long. The moving van arrives tomorrow with my stuff and most importanly the bike.  Pretty scary putting it into the truck and I imagine it will be even more scary coming out.  Cable guy also shows up tomorrow so I should be completely hooked up by Friday night.

When I was going through Austin I saw Antonio's smack in the middle of town by the University.  Is bike night at that one??  The distance is no problem but that traffic will be awfull! In the words of James Taylor: "Damn this traffice jam, hurts my motor to go so slow".  O0 In CA we can split lanes, in PA its a big NO NO with a big fine, whats the law in TX?

Are there other bike nights in the general New Braunfels/San Antonio area?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 07:29:50 AM by vtxcrzr »

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
Re: Arrived Alive
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 08:24:49 AM »

Yep, that's the one...

Gonna make the ride on Saturday? No better way to get intro'd to the group than watching RD eat cobbler at Cooper's!  :D ;D
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

JUSTBUD

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 08:31:40 AM »

Welcome to Texas  O0 you got here just in time for the BALMY weather ;D

vtxcrzr

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2006, 09:45:09 AM »

Yep, that's the one...

Gonna make the ride on Saturday? No better way to get intro'd to the group than watching RD eat cobbler at Cooper's!  :D ;D

Chances of getting out for a ride of any length on Saturday are darn close to zero.  But give me the info such as start time, start location and expected return time and if I can join up I will. 

RD

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Just another Joe in San Antonio
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2006, 10:12:30 AM »

Cooper's Blackberry Cobbler...ummmmmm!
Another proud owner of 2 1800's
04' Honda VTX 1800C
08' Honda GL1800 Goldwing

bIgPrO

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Houston, South Side
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2006, 10:15:22 AM »

Cooper's Blackberry Cobbler...ummmmmm!

BRO!  back away from the table  ;D
Bigbear
NO X :(

07 Big Bear Chopper
300 rear tire, 44 degree rake,
S&S 100 Smooth,BBC Tornado Air Kit,V-Twin Pirate footpegs, 191/4 seat height

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2006, 11:12:34 AM »

Chances of getting out for a ride of any length on Saturday are darn close to zero.  But give me the info such as start time, start location and expected return time and if I can join up I will. 

Depends on where you want to meet up at. Check the board for the meeting times in Austin, San Antonio, Marble Falls, and the arrival time at Cooper's in Llano. And you might want to check the map...  O0
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

Stormy

• Old Timer
  • New Braunfels,Tx.
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2006, 02:56:36 PM »

Sent you a PM but I not sure if my messages are getting out.  Sent one to Forvertxn,but I don't think he recieved it because I never heard from him.  If you can send me a message or E-mail and I will get in touch with you. Also I plan on going on the ride Saturday and if you are able to go just let me know and we can ride over to 281 via 306 and meet up with the group going North.

vtxcrzr

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2006, 03:26:46 PM »

Sent you a PM but I not sure if my messages are getting out.  Sent one to Forvertxn,but I don't think he recieved it because I never heard from him.  If you can send me a message or E-mail and I will get in touch with you. Also I plan on going on the ride Saturday and if you are able to go just let me know and we can ride over to 281 via 306 and meet up with the group going North.

Your PM is working, I sent you one back.

bIgPrO

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Houston, South Side
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2006, 03:28:46 PM »

OOOOPS...

I forgot WELCOME TO THE GREAT STATE OF TEXAS
Bigbear
NO X :(

07 Big Bear Chopper
300 rear tire, 44 degree rake,
S&S 100 Smooth,BBC Tornado Air Kit,V-Twin Pirate footpegs, 191/4 seat height

forevrtxan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • (Leander) Austin, Texas
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2006, 04:56:09 PM »

Sorry Danny...been way too busy at work lately  >:( I got your PM...sorry about your loss bro. :'( Welcome to the fine state of Texas vtxcrzr!!!!! Where everything is BIGGER and BETTER!!!!!  :) :) :D :D :) :)
David

'05 1800R2 (with sidestand down)

Old enuff to know better....but young enuff to still do it!!!!!!

Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway~~John Wayne

All the way up in there!!!! (Quote from VTreX at BBTIII)

SeaRider

• Old Timer
  • College Station, TX
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2006, 03:18:24 AM »

...  O0 In CA we can split lanes, in PA its a big NO NO with a big fine, whats the law in TX? ...

No splitting lanes in TX.  Try to split lanes around here, and some folks in cages will likely take you out. 
Welcome to Texas!!
2008 Goldwing Level 4 - Dark Red Metallic
2005 VTX 1800F Spec 1 - Silver Tribal
RIDE SAFE  -  RIDE FREE!!

RD

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Just another Joe in San Antonio
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2006, 01:56:12 PM »

Good to meet you Saturday. It didn't snap, till I got home that you were the one that just moved here. Kudo's on breaking away for some fun. Glad to you made the ride. You got to meet a good percentage of the "most frequent" of the Central Texas Riders, and a few "warrior's" from East Texas. O0

Lane splitting is a "No-No", but what you find in the rural area's is good ol' Texas courtesy. It's common for the "Locals" to move over on the shoulder on a 2 lane road, to let you pass. Be patient, they'll eventually see you behind them. As you pass, it's your responsabilty to return the courtesy with a wave of gratitude. O0  If they don't move over for you, all bet's are off, cause they're just city folk, or some 'Damn Yankee", that doesn't even know what an "Ice House" is. ;) You have the freedom to do what you want. 8)
Another proud owner of 2 1800's
04' Honda VTX 1800C
08' Honda GL1800 Goldwing

sgtstever

• Master Tejano Rider
  • BOHICA
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2006, 02:46:28 PM »

Good to meet you Saturday. It didn't snap, till I got home that you were the one that just moved here. Kudo's on breaking away for some fun. Glad to you made the ride. You got to meet a good percentage of the "most frequent" of the Central Texas Riders, and a few "warrior's" from East Texas. O0

Lane splitting is a "No-No", but what you find in the rural area's is good ol' Texas courtesy. It's common for the "Locals" to move over on the shoulder on a 2 lane road, to let you pass. Be patient, they'll eventually see you behind them. As you pass, it's your responsabilty to return the courtesy with a wave of gratitude. O0  If they don't move over for you, all bet's are off, cause they're just city folk, or some 'Damn Yankee", that doesn't even know what an "Ice House" is. ;) You have the freedom to do what you want. 8)

"Icehouse", that's a beer, right?

If it wasnt for us "damn yankees", you all from the south would have nothing to Buck Rogers about! O0
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

hillcountryrider

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2006, 05:49:03 PM »

"Icehouse", that's a beer, right?

If it wasnt for us "damn yankees", you all from the south would have nothing to Buck Rogers about! O0
[/quote]

YEP ... thats a beer, either that or a place to drink a beer !! O0 O0 :) :) :)
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal