Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: any place around houston dallas area that does trikes?  (Read 1311 times)

txpopeye

• Old Timer
    • Pork Chop Run Blog
any place around houston dallas area that does trikes?
« on: September 11, 2007, 07:55:56 AM »

My mother has a 750 aero she has been out on a few times but the problem she has is the bike is to heavy for her (she is 5 foot tall 100 pounds and 65 years old) so she had dropped it a couple of times but only when setting stopped bike starts to lean and over it goes.

So they are looking for a place that does trike kits to see if they can put a trike kit on this bike so she can keep riding. Any suggestions?
It never stops hurting you just stop caring

BlueRetro

• Tejano
  • Nolanville, TX
Re: any place around houston dallas area that does trikes?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 08:42:52 AM »

There's a place in Gatesville.  I've never heard if they do good work or not though.

www.mitchells-trikes.com
'06  1300R

pacrat

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Cypress,Texas
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 10:17:19 AM »

txpopeye... I had my VTX 1300R converted by Georgetown Honda using a Trikeshop kit.  Good job.  I don't think Trikeshop has kits for 750's, but Motor Trike does.  follow blueretro's link, click on one of the links for MotorTrike and you can see the kits. The site also has a dealer search option.  They look sweeter in person.  I saw one at the shop in Onalaska.  Good luck, she'll love it!!!
Louis

Txcajun

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 03:07:25 PM »

There is a motor trike dealer in Onalaska at the foot of the bridge. I test drove one of their trikes a while back. You can find the info at motortrikes web site.
Les Coullion Coup d'e'tat peux Embrasse Moi Tchew!              03 1800 retro TRAILER QUEEN EXTRORDINAIRE "SMELL THE BUMPER"

Morgan Buchanan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
    • Fantastic Opportunity!  Look and ask me about it!
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2007, 05:11:03 PM »

Have you seen the bolt on trike it that is basically 2 outrigger wheels?  (you end up with 4 wheels total)?  I have a friend who's wife has one. 

If you want to see a bigger pic or want details, PM me and I'll get more details.

http://trikepics.myphotoalbum.com/view_album.php?set_albumName=album03  Found this... a few bigger better pics.

http://trikepics.myphotoalbum.com/view_album.php?set_albumName=album01  BETTER pictures of the process.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 05:19:37 PM by Morgan Buchanan »
My now long gone VTX...

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2007, 07:13:22 PM »

I think there's a trike dealer in Dayton. I can't recall the name, but a friend with a H-D was going to have his triked out there, then changed his mind. All I know for sure is tha he had H-D kits; no idea if he does Hondas.
02 1800C

txpopeye

• Old Timer
    • Pork Chop Run Blog
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2007, 03:16:18 PM »

Have you seen the bolt on trike it that is basically 2 outrigger wheels?  (you end up with 4 wheels total)?  I have a friend who's wife has one. 

If you want to see a bigger pic or want details, PM me and I'll get more details.

http://trikepics.myphotoalbum.com/view_album.php?set_albumName=album03  Found this... a few bigger better pics.

http://trikepics.myphotoalbum.com/view_album.php?set_albumName=album01  BETTER pictures of the process.

Yeah we have seen them but my mother said it looks like the bike has training wheels and shes not to keen on it LOL. but thanks anyway.
It never stops hurting you just stop caring

Morgan Buchanan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
    • Fantastic Opportunity!  Look and ask me about it!
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2007, 11:04:35 AM »

It does... but don't tell my friend who has them....  LMAO
My now long gone VTX...

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal