Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: seat pin mod  (Read 2205 times)

hangman

• Old Timer
Re: seat pin mod
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2007, 11:42:08 AM »

Those of you who leave the key in and shut it off with the killswitch need to do it so you can get to the battery to jump it after you leave the headlamp and turnsignal on for two hours....................

Kill switch...  that's the orange thing on the right side that you occasionally hit at traffic lights causing you to sit and crank your motorcycle like an idiot in traffic for what seems like an hour, then you push the bike off to the side of the road and eventually you notice this thing looks odd, because it's in a totally different position than you're used to seeing, so you toggle it back and your bike starts like some miracle?  That thing?  It has a use other than "making you look like an idiot in traffic"?

I didn't realized it worked at traffic lights also - I know it sure makes you look stupid when you hit it a highway speed and drop out of the third from the last position.

Just a hint - my group didn't by the "But the dealer said it was the button for the super charger" - had I had more time to react I'd a tried to come up with something a little better. 

sherri

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • The Woodlands
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2007, 09:54:22 PM »

Those of you who leave the key in and shut it off with the killswitch need to do it so you can get to the battery to jump it after you leave the headlamp and turnsignal on for two hours....................

Kill switch...  that's the orange thing on the right side that you occasionally hit at traffic lights causing you to sit and crank your motorcycle like an idiot in traffic for what seems like an hour, then you push the bike off to the side of the road and eventually you notice this thing looks odd, because it's in a totally different position than you're used to seeing, so you toggle it back and your bike starts like some miracle?  That thing?  It has a use other than "making you look like an idiot in traffic"?

sucks when you are riding the bike behind that guy too ;D

If you ever see me with horns sticking out of my helmet
call an ambulance  .  .  .  .    I’ve hit a deer

Dusty

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2007, 05:23:42 PM »

I hit mine at hiway speed too. I was in the inside lane with an 18 wheeler gaining in the outside lane. I'm sure it scared the bageez out of the guy in that truck when I darted across in front of him. I didn't know what had happened but I knew I wanted off that road if I wasn't gonna have an engine.
It was winter time and I had on some bulky insulated gloves. I never knew I had hit the switch. It took me a minute to figure out what had happened and I don't wear those glove when I'm riding anymore.  ::)

snake

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • What a ride it's been!
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2007, 11:37:59 AM »

You still comin' up this way Dusty? Iremember you saying you were coming to ark. later on...
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

Dusty

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2007, 04:37:01 PM »

You still comin' up this way Dusty? Iremember you saying you were coming to ark. later on...

I don't know if I'm going to get to make it to Ark. I had hoped to finish this building I'm on by the middle of next month. But with all the blasted rain we have had it looks like it's going to be the end of November now.
I don't mind riding in the cold, and I don't mind riding in the rain, but I'm a wuss when it comes to riding in the cold and rain. I'll just have to look at the forecast when that time rolls around. I wanted to camp a few days up that way.

I may take off on Friday next month and make a run to Dallas to see my sons and grandkids for the weekend.
Pages: 1 [2]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal