Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: NTTA Toll Tags  (Read 5162 times)

crow57

• Old Timer
  • Garland
NTTA Toll Tags
« on: September 01, 2007, 09:12:57 AM »

Any of you use toll tags on your bikes?   I carry mine in my vest pocket, when I go through a tolltag lane I take it out and hold it up at the top of my windshield, but when I get on the NTTA web site and check my transactions, it doesn't show it ever registering...  Works fine for me, I don't mind not paying tolls as long as they don't...  Been doing that for over a year and have never been flagged for any violations or anything.  I don't know if holding it in my hand keeps it from working or if it's a bad tag or what.

If I go through an actual toll booth with the red/green lights,  like where you get on or off the tollway at the $.40 exits,  I can get it to register but have to stop and wave it around a bit...

A friend told me that if you go through the toll tag lanes and ride the white line, it will neither detect your bike nor your toll tag...   I stay in the center of the lane and it doesn't detect it there, either.  Anybody else notice anything like this?

'05 V-Twin, Xtra large 1800 S

Pug

• Old Timer
Re: NTTA Toll Tags
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2007, 09:32:29 AM »

Pffft! I simply keep mine in my tank bib pocket. Works like a charm.   O0
2006 1800R Spec2 Lightly Farkled -- RIP: ST1300 ABS / BMW R1100RT / 2008 GL1800 / 2006 VTX 1300S / 1997 Aspencade 1500

SilverTribal Driver

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Mansfield, Texas
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2007, 09:46:10 AM »

Yo Crow, I carry mine in my pocket and it gets hit everytime I go thru the tolls.. What a great convenience.  O0 O0  My son has his velcro'ed to his windscreen....

HeadGuess

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Wills Point, Texas
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2007, 11:50:49 AM »

You may have a bad tag. They usually take a picture and then charge whatever tag is connected to that plate number. If you have a tag connected to your plate you don't even have to have the tag with youa nd it will charge your account based on the plate number.

I carry mine in my vest pocket or if I forget I don't worry about it and they charge me anyway.

youngblood

• Tejano
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2007, 12:21:22 PM »

Its a wasted morning setting in court if you ride the white line and a cop pulls you over. The cop wont even give you a chance to show it before he issues the ticket.
2006 1800 F2 for now

SilverTribal Driver

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Mansfield, Texas
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2007, 01:24:01 PM »

You may have a bad tag. They usually take a picture and then charge whatever tag is connected to that plate number. If you have a tag connected to your plate you don't even have to have the tag with youa nd it will charge your account based on the plate number.

I carry mine in my vest pocket or if I forget I don't worry about it and they charge me anyway.

That's my understanding as well.  There have been times where I forgot it and went through the toll booths and charged based on the plate number.  It's no big deal as long as the plate is attached to your toll tag....

crow57

• Old Timer
  • Garland
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2007, 05:07:14 PM »

OK, I'm a liar...  Just checked and my last trip down GB on the X did get charged to my tag.   On the old bike, it never did show up though. 

crow57

• Old Timer
  • Garland
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2007, 05:09:09 PM »

Its a wasted morning setting in court if you ride the white line and a cop pulls you over. The cop wont even give you a chance to show it before he issues the ticket.

That's what I figured... The guy who told me he does that says he done it daily for the last 2 years.  Personally, I don't own that kinda luck.

Morgan Buchanan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
    • Fantastic Opportunity!  Look and ask me about it!
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2007, 06:37:18 AM »

Ayup, I never carry a tag, just have my plate registered with NTTA.  I get a lot of "free" tolls.  A lot.
My now long gone VTX...

ruger9mm

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2007, 07:25:49 AM »

Down here in Big H I run the Hardy and Sam Houston Toll Roads.  I put my tag in a tri-pouch attached to my windshield and it has worked when needed.
William
06 1300 Retro

SilverTribal Driver

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Mansfield, Texas
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2007, 07:28:40 AM »

Ayup, I never carry a tag, just have my plate registered with NTTA.  I get a lot of "free" tolls.  A lot.

hhhmmmmm......   ??? ??? ???

snake

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • What a ride it's been!
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2007, 10:25:11 AM »

Ya'll are doing good... a couple of years back, the toll arms were coming down on top of quite a few of our female riders down in Houston...I guess they got it fixed...I haven't heard of it happening in a while.
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

RSWhite

• Old Timer
  • Frisco Tx
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2007, 12:21:44 PM »

Crow,

Mine is velcro'd to the windshield.  Works great.  I'm with the others (bad tag).

RW

2004 1800 Retro Spoke, Spec3, Black/Cherry
"Protect the ones you love...  wear a helmet"

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2007, 04:38:45 PM »

Ya'll are doing good... a couple of years back, the toll arms were coming down on top of quite a few of our female riders down in Houston...I guess they got it fixed...I haven't heard of it happening in a while.

That's because everybody got EZ Tags and we don't have to go through the toll arms now.  ;)
02 1800C

ruger9mm

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2007, 04:39:13 PM »

Hello Snake,

Never had a toll arm come down on me.  I usually get on where I do not have to deal with that.
I have gone thru a few with no probs.

Ruger9mm
William
06 1300 Retro
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal