Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Possible motorcycle guardrail?  (Read 2178 times)

X-aholic

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • BOOKEM
Re: Possible motorcycle guardrail?
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2007, 04:25:12 PM »

Used to have a tarantula, I found him crossing the road in west Texas.  Caught him in a mason jar and took him home, researched them a little bit on the internet and put some kind of absorbent material from the pet store in the bottom of an old aquarium and kept him in there for a couple of years.  Would buy live crickets from the pet store to feed him.  If you were patient enough you could handle him, but his first reaction when you stuck your hand in there was to rare up on his back end and act like he was going to attack you.  If you just held still he would relax after a while and you could gradually move your hand a little closer and eventually let him crawl up on it.  Always found it a good way to get rid of unwanted company, most would split when I came out with him crawling up my shoulder.... He was a Texas brown, they're pretty small for tarantulas, only a couple inches long.  People just don't seem to like hairy spiders.  I think the naked ones are scarier...

Found a small gecko in the garage one day and threw it in his terrarium.  He ate it and died...  Somebody told me later that their dog got sick after he had eaten a gecko, I guess they're a little poisonous or something.

bummer what a horrible story.

poor dog.

tom cat

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2007, 03:54:52 PM »

Around here when the weather starts cooling down tarantulas can be found on any black top road.
When I was a kid I collected around 20to30 of them in a paper sack, I didn't want them to freeze over night so I put them in mom's washroom, it was heated. I later learned that they can chew through a paper sack. So did Mom, though not generally afraid of spiders,Mom was having no part of the wash room that day. When I got home from school Mom was waiting with a paper sack, Go get your pets. I did, When I came from the washroom, sack full of spiders in hand, Mom took the sack and put it in the flaming trash can. 55 gallon barrels, and yes you could burn trash in town at that time.     

crow57

• Old Timer
  • Garland
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2007, 04:54:19 PM »

I don't feel so bad for poisoning mine now...

'05 V-Twin, Xtra large 1800 S

Ethulwulfe

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2007, 11:04:46 PM »

Sound familiar?

Kingdom of the Spiders (1977) Shatner, as a veterinarian, is puzzled by the deaths of farm animals when he discovers colonies of deadly tarantulas surrounding a rural community.

That one was the only one I could find.

My brother used to work nights, so when he was asleep I would go into the bathroom and hang my rubber spider from the ceiling on a piece of fishing line (less visible this way) about eye level. It takes him a while to wake up. He would walk into the bathroom to take a leak and then the cursing would begin. Got him almost everday. Sometimes I would be laughing so hard he would catch me. I'd wait a couple of days after that.

SouthernXer

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • BRAD Allen, Texas
    • Me playing music
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2007, 05:23:51 AM »

Sound familiar?

Kingdom of the Spiders (1977) Shatner, as a veterinarian, is puzzled by the deaths of farm animals when he discovers colonies of deadly tarantulas surrounding a rural community.

That one was the only one I could find.

My brother used to work nights, so when he was asleep I would go into the bathroom and hang my rubber spider from the ceiling on a piece of fishing line (less visible this way) about eye level. It takes him a while to wake up. He would walk into the bathroom to take a leak and then the cursing would begin. Got him almost everday. Sometimes I would be laughing so hard he would catch me. I'd wait a couple of days after that.

That's It!!!  Thanks!!!  That movie scared the Bejesus out of me as a little kid.   ;D

X-aholic

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • BOOKEM
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2007, 07:14:15 PM »

Thanks gonna have to chech this one out.
Pages: 1 [2]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal