Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: One little zero  (Read 1457 times)

tom cat

• Texas X Rider OverLord
One little zero
« on: August 31, 2007, 12:16:04 AM »

At work, a co worker was trying to sell his truck, a what ever S10, I was not paying attention until I heard 600$. A truck for that price, I'm on it like a duck on a June bug. The deal was done. in front of every one we work with.  I was talking to the owner hours later. I had a feeling that something was not right, when he told me it had new tires, new brakes , new wires, and he still owed on it. ALERT???. I asked why a man with his income would owe a note on a 600$ truck? He had that deer in the head lights look??? He wanted 6000$ for the truck.
No harm no foul, just goes to show. how screwed up even face to face communication can become,
We both had the Deal set in our minds, That pesky Little 0 got in the way. It almost caused both of us to go to the next level, To do the deal.
No real, dirty dealing involved, Just a argument over my inability to hear, vs his inability to speak. 

Dusty

Re: One little zero
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2007, 03:56:34 AM »

Yep,

The english language can be very misleading. I spend a lot of my work day coordinating between crafts. Mainly making them communicate with one another. I listen in on lots of conversations where the individuals are talking and agreeing on a solution but will be talking about two different problems. It happens more than people realise. That's why lots of times when you go back after the fact and know what a person said, but what he said isn't what he meant.

It's also another reason why message boards can lead to misunderstandings. That and short tempers.  8)

X-aholic

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • BOOKEM
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2007, 05:21:54 AM »

but not this message board, we are all mild, understanding, compassionate towards others, level headed, easy going, understanding and friendly people. ::) O0 ;)

Morgan Buchanan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
    • Fantastic Opportunity!  Look and ask me about it!
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2007, 05:59:29 AM »

speaking of a little zero....    :D :D :D :D :D

KIDDING MAN!  I"m talking about the one on the end of your post number!  O0
My now long gone VTX...

hookem

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Port Neches, Texas
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2007, 06:41:05 AM »

but not this message board, we are all mild, understanding, compassionate towards others, level headed, easy going, understanding and friendly people. ::) O0 ;)

;D
Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.
Ronald Reagan

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2007, 07:47:46 AM »

:-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ Surely you jest  :D :D :D
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

HeadGuess

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Wills Point, Texas
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2007, 10:38:15 AM »

You left out A$$holes!

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2007, 12:46:19 PM »

You left out A$$holes!

Jimmy, there ain't no A$$holes on this board  ::) ::) If you read something and you feel the guy is being a jerk, read it again, and again, and again until you understand what the jerk person is trying to say. If you do all that and you still can't understand what he's saying, check who it's from and I'll bet Swampy's involved some how  ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D ;D
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

N5TWL

• Master Tejano Rider
  • If it hurts when you do that don't do that!
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2007, 12:51:46 PM »

Or just tell all them to F$&% OFF
2011 Harley Street Glide, Sedona Orange, Ken Smith pinstriping.

HeadGuess

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Wills Point, Texas
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2007, 05:53:30 AM »

You left out A$$holes!

Jimmy, there ain't no A$$holes on this board  ::) ::) If you read something and you feel the guy is being a jerk, read it again, and again, and again until you understand what the jerk person is trying to say. If you do all that and you still can't understand what he's saying, check who it's from and I'll bet Swampy's involved some how  ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D ;D

Sage words from a wise man! LMAO!

X-aholic

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • BOOKEM
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2007, 07:21:41 PM »

poor Swampy, he gets such a bad rap :(

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal