Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Helment Exemption..  (Read 1788 times)

bIgPrO

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Houston, South Side
Helment Exemption..
« on: August 27, 2007, 06:04:15 PM »

Bigbear
NO X :(

07 Big Bear Chopper
300 rear tire, 44 degree rake,
S&S 100 Smooth,BBC Tornado Air Kit,V-Twin Pirate footpegs, 191/4 seat height

smooth x

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Centerville, Ohio
Re: Helment Exemption..
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 07:17:29 PM »

I Like my nogin too  much.

MODS Who has those things???? Ride it like you Stole it......

White Wolf

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 09:16:04 PM »

I printed the form out a few days ago but have been undecided on sending it in. I've only been pulled over once and, after a brief lecture about safety, was back on the road - ticket free.

bIgPrO

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Houston, South Side
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 09:35:32 PM »

I printed the form out a few days ago but have been undecided on sending it in. I've only been pulled over once and, after a brief lecture about safety, was back on the road - ticket free.

just seems that there have been alot of post on this and other boards about cops pulling people over. It's only $5 but can save you a ticket $$$$$

And for all of you that wear a helmet that fine a well. Let those who ride decide is my motto 8)
Bigbear

07 Big Bear Chopper

murray_61

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Hobe Sound, FL
    • facebook
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2007, 10:14:55 PM »

just seems that there have been alot of post on this and other boards about cops pulling people over. It's only $5 but can save you a ticket $$$$$

And for all of you that wear a helmet that's fine as well. Let those who ride decide is my motto 8)

What about those that just trailer?  j/k ;)

I like that we still have the freedom to decide too...

Txcajun

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2007, 10:34:27 PM »

I trailer the hell out of mine, but I still wear a helmet when I ride. O0 But I do sometimes ride around our neighborhood without one on. It might be worth it to save myself a ticket, because I have been getting pulled over quite a bit lately. >:( ;D ;D ;D
Les Coullion Coup d'e'tat peux Embrasse Moi Tchew!              03 1800 retro TRAILER QUEEN EXTRORDINAIRE "SMELL THE BUMPER"

murray_61

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Hobe Sound, FL
    • facebook
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2007, 10:48:52 PM »

I trailer the hell out of mine, but I still wear a helmet when I ride. O0 But I do sometimes ride around our neighborhood without one on. It might be worth it to save myself a ticket, because I have been getting pulled over quite a bit lately. >:( ;D ;D ;D

Well, being the King, I guess you are expected to do some trailering...  O0 I know I would be too, and actually, I would like to even be able to trailer a big bear right now...  You shouldn't ever get a ticket being over 21 and having health insurance, a health insurance card is supposed to be considered prima facie proof that you meet or exceed the coverage required...  But having just paid for a speeding ticket because the guy in front of me was speeding (he was pulling away with my cruise set below 70, but I have Sirius radio that looks like a radar detector, he put radar detector in the comments on the ticket) I guess anything to reduce your chances of being pulled over is good.  I no longer have Sirius sitting above my dash... and will be applying for the helmet exemption sticker when the new health insurance card comes in...

Morgan Buchanan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
    • Fantastic Opportunity!  Look and ask me about it!
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2007, 06:21:00 AM »

Insurance card in my wallet.  They can pull me over if they want and waste their time.
My now long gone VTX...

bIgPrO

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Houston, South Side
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2007, 09:06:58 AM »

you wear a helmet in your truck as well ;D
getting pulled over while trailering. Now that SUXS :D
Bigbear

07 Big Bear Chopper

pepsX

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Missouri City TX
    • pepsX products
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2007, 12:29:03 PM »

I just applied for the trailer exemption sticker today. ;D
I used to have 1000 post on the old board.

www.pepsX.com

X-aholic

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • BOOKEM
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2007, 03:45:24 PM »

sent mine in Wednesday of last week O0

Silver Bullet

• Tejano
  • Humble, TX
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2007, 06:44:48 AM »

New to Texas and first time on this site. Picking up my brand new '06 1300S this Saturday in Arizona and driving the 1,100 miles straight back to Houston.  ;D  Had no idea about this exemption thing, I saw bikers riding without since here so assumed no helmet law. As the judge always likes to say, ignorance of the law is no excuse so maybe saved myself a ticket, thanks for posting. I usually ride with a helmet anyway but it's always Murphy's law that gets us.
2006 VTX1300S

1shot1kill

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2007, 07:43:04 AM »

Silver Bullet
I hope you take about 5 gallons of water and Gator Aide with you.
August thru N Mex. and El Paso, Tx.   I did it a few years ago and thought I was going to die. No matter what helment you have you feel like your brains are frying.
Ended up staying in a motel until dark and made the trip back by the light of the moon.  Then it was a great ride.

Mike
1shot1kill
Spring, Tx

X-aholic

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • BOOKEM
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2007, 09:05:02 AM »

New to Texas and first time on this site. Picking up my brand new '06 1300S this Saturday in Arizona and driving the 1,100 miles straight back to Houston.  ;D  Had no idea about this exemption thing, I saw bikers riding without since here so assumed no helmet law. As the judge always likes to say, ignorance of the law is no excuse so maybe saved myself a ticket, thanks for posting. I usually ride with a helmet anyway but it's always Murphy's law that gets us.
welcome to the board O0

Txcruiser

• Old Timer
    • TxCruiser's MySpace
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2007, 10:05:32 AM »

This may be my first Hijack, but driving from NM back to Texas reminded me of a story I wrote.
http://www.rockcrawler.com/trailreports/vegas/index.htm

TxCruiser
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal