Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Progressive shocks  (Read 1181 times)

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
Progressive shocks
« on: August 25, 2007, 05:49:26 PM »

Just bought a pair of progressive shocks for my 1300 C and the only mod I have is the 200 wide tire on the 1300 rin.My question is did anyone have to use the busings that was sent with the kit or not.I have them on and so far looks like its going to work fine as is but have not ridden it yet.There looks to be about 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch between the braacket for the sissy bar and top of the shock.
Alvin,Texas

Davesax36

• Master Tejano Rider
Re: Progressive shocks
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2007, 10:46:14 PM »

they'll work. don't worry.

X-aholic

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • BOOKEM
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2007, 11:55:27 PM »

not to worry my friend. they will work fine

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2007, 07:02:22 PM »

They went on fine and can really tell the difference just the ride around the block.I have a side mounted licience plate and no matter what I did could not get it tight enough so to keep it from comming loose had to take some stainless wire and wire it to the filler cap on the final drive housing untill I come up with another plan.It looks like the rubber bushing on the bottom is much thicker than the OEM shocks might just trim that off and see if it makes any difference.
Alvin,Texas

X-aholic

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • BOOKEM
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2007, 09:25:38 PM »

They went on fine and can really tell the difference just the ride around the block.I have a side mounted licience plate and no matter what I did could not get it tight enough so to keep it from comming loose had to take some stainless wire and wire it to the filler cap on the final drive housing untill I come up with another plan.It looks like the rubber bushing on the bottom is much thicker than the OEM shocks might just trim that off and see if it makes any difference.
I also have the side mount and I just went and got a longer bolt and that solved my problems

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal