Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to add pictures to your posts  (Read 1762 times)

murray_61

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Hobe Sound, FL
    • facebook
How to add pictures to your posts
« on: August 20, 2007, 08:39:00 PM »

Here is how to add photos to your posts using just the forum.  You can add up to 4 photos, but I believe they can't total more than 128kb in size.

Click Post and it will add the photo(s) to the end of your post.

Now you can also use a service such as www.photobucket.com It allows you to add the pictures anywhere in your post, and you can resize the photos as well.

1.  Go to www.photobucket.com and register for a free account, then go to "My Album" and it will pull up a page where you can upload photos.  You do just as in steps 2 and 3 above to upload photos to photobucket, but you can upload more and bigger photos.

2.  Now you can resize you photo by clicking on the photo

3. Then that photo will be displayed by itself where you click resize and then click the size you would like to use to post

4.  Down and to the right of this picture you will want to click in the IMG Code text box. It copies the code when you click there, but you can highlight the text and right click and choose copy if you so desire.

5.  Now right click in your post where you want to add the picture and click paste on the pop up menu.

6.  And you will see the code added to your post like int the picture below

7.  Now click Preview to see what your post will look like, and/or click Post to post it.

Happy Posting!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 05:12:34 PM by murray_61 »

SouthernXer

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • BRAD Allen, Texas
    • Me playing music
Re: How to add pictures to your posts
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 05:27:16 AM »

Good info!  This should be a sticky!   O0

X-aholic

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • BOOKEM
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 04:09:13 PM »

Murray, you are way too good with that computer sh*t... get a job ;D ;D ;D GIG EM

robertearl

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2007, 04:57:52 PM »

WOW... thanks

murray_61

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Hobe Sound, FL
    • facebook
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2007, 05:50:01 PM »

Murray, you are way too good with that computer sh*t... get a job ;D ;D ;D GIG EM

I learned how to do screen captures and got carried away I guess...

Here is one picture I wanted to post, It is from Wal-Mart, I was looking for college football magazines (including Dave Campbell's because it has college football in it) that didn't have Colt McCoy on the cover, but I couldn't find any...  Go Figure...  HOOK EM!

« Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 05:12:58 PM by murray_61 »

Kentagious

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2007, 07:53:38 PM »

Will Microsoft's Office Picture Manager work also or is it worth it?
I guess it don't seem wrong if it ain't being done to you.
2015 Victory Cross Country Tour
04' VTX 1300 S

murray_61

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Hobe Sound, FL
    • facebook
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2007, 10:33:59 PM »

I haven't used the program...  If it will let you edit photos it might be worth it, just edit and save as jpeg I guess, then post...  Don't know much about it...

X-aholic

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • BOOKEM
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2007, 04:41:47 PM »

I learned how to do screen captures and got carried away I guess...

Here is one picture I wanted to post, It is from Wal-Mart, I was looking for college football magazines (including Dave Campbell's because it has college football in it) that didn't have Colt McCoy on the cover, but I couldn't find any...  Go Figure...  HOOK EM!

I have seen all the magazines, but if you read the stories they are asking if he will be fully recovered in time after that beating A&M put on him last season. Good luck this year. GIG EM ;D O0

lakebum1980

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2007, 07:37:25 AM »

X-aholic you are so full of sh*t your eyes are brown.  UT is going to destroy that faggies this year.

X-aholic

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • BOOKEM
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2007, 01:47:21 PM »

you guys are gonna feel real stupid when them aggies whoop them sorry Cranberries t-sips GIG EM

murray_61

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Hobe Sound, FL
    • facebook
Re: How to add pictures to your posts (Updated)
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2008, 06:46:16 PM »

To post a gallery of clickable thumbnails like here:  http://www.texasxriders.com/index.php?topic=8663.msg89180#msg89180

First upload your photos as the previous directions show (i think photobucket has changed a bit, but the directions above should still get the gist of it).

Once you have a bunch of pictures loaded click view all if you have multiple pages.

then click the check box under each pic that you want to post or click "select/unselect all" to select or unselect all of them.

then click "Generate HTML and IMG code"

After that, click in the text box under "IMG clickable thumbnails for message boards - recommended"

This should automatically copy all the code for you, but you can right click and copy anyway if you like.

Go to your post, and paste the code...

This will display one long column of clickable thumbnails.  You can go to the end of a row of code (after "[/IMG][/URL]") and hit delete to delete the return.

Do this for every row, and then go to the end and repeat until have one long row of code.

This will give you multiple rows and columns of clickable thumbnails.

For an even cleaner gallery, put a couple of spaces at the end after you hit delete at the end of each row.  This will kick the code down a line like it was before, but keeps it from being one long collumn... 

If you can't get it done, but want it, PM me the code for the entire gallery, and where you want it posted, and I'll get it done for ya...

Murray
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 06:48:08 PM by murray_61 »

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal