Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Clayton Mod  (Read 2377 times)

gbo

Clayton Mod
« on: August 15, 2007, 07:11:31 PM »

I just want to thank everone who posted comments on the Clayton Mod for my stock pipes. Ya'll saved me mucho $$$$$$$$$. I not only love the way my bike handles and looks, now I love the way it sounds. Thanks again!!!!

pacrat

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Cypress,Texas
Re: Clayton Mod
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 05:21:06 PM »

GBO....where ya located.  I'd like to hear them sometime.

Blueflameguy2

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Tarkington Prairie (45 miles ne of houston)
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2007, 07:51:33 PM »

GBO....where ya located.  I'd like to hear them sometime.

if you remember what my bike sounds like, thats it.....

pacrat

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Cypress,Texas
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2007, 08:07:44 AM »

OK, thanks Randy.

gbo

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2007, 09:49:15 AM »

I'm up in Amarillo. If your ever up this way it probily means your going somewhere else. lol ,But give me a hollar

HeadGuess

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Wills Point, Texas
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2007, 11:15:52 AM »

I done that to mine also when I first got it. I eventually changed to Vance and Hines Big Shots. Only because I got a fantastic deal on the new pipes.

Txcruiser

• Old Timer
    • TxCruiser's MySpace
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2007, 12:11:52 AM »

I just want to thank everone who posted comments on the Clayton Mod for my stock pipes. Ya'll saved me mucho $$$$$$$$$. I not only love the way my bike handles and looks, now I love the way it sounds. Thanks again!!!!

Do you have a 1300 or 1800?  and how many holes did you drill? What size? Did you cut the pipe or work around it? Did you drill the outside flange and the baffle? I wanted to get mine done this weekend, but Damn it's much cooler riding than it is sitting outside with a drill.

Blueflameguy2

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Tarkington Prairie (45 miles ne of houston)
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2007, 11:55:38 PM »

Do you have a 1300 or 1800?  and how many holes did you drill? What size? Did you cut the pipe or work around it? Did you drill the outside flange and the baffle? I wanted to get mine done this weekend, but Damn it's much cooler riding than it is sitting outside with a drill.

just do 7 1/2 inch holes through the back plate around the little pipe sticking out of each.   no need to take off anything or something like that.  just get a long enough bit that youre not scratching up your chrome tips...  O0

if you havent heard it yet and youre in the houston area let me know and i can swing by sometime....

Txcruiser

• Old Timer
    • TxCruiser's MySpace
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2007, 02:09:48 PM »

I'll give that a shot, much easier than what I was going to do.  I can always drill more later, hard as hell to fill in those little holes though.  And nope, I'm about 275 miles west of Houston. I think I am 70 miles from the next VTX in my area.

BlueRetro

• Tejano
  • Nolanville, TX
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2007, 06:51:12 PM »

I'll give that a shot, much easier than what I was going to do.  I can always drill more later, hard as hell to fill in those little holes though.  And nope, I'm about 275 miles west of Houston. I think I am 70 miles from the next VTX in my area.

I'm not sure if the clayton mod works well on the 1800  ???
'06  1300R

Morgan Buchanan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
    • Fantastic Opportunity!  Look and ask me about it!
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2007, 08:06:12 AM »

if you havent heard it yet and youre in the houston area let me know and i can swing by sometime....

at 3 a.m.....  :D
My now long gone VTX...

Txcruiser

• Old Timer
    • TxCruiser's MySpace
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2007, 10:27:24 AM »

Hey BlueRetro,

Why do you say the mod may not work well, is this from experiance or just hearsay? Tell me now, getting ready to drill me some holes today.

Thanks,

TxCruiser

BlueRetro

• Tejano
  • Nolanville, TX
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2007, 07:04:25 PM »

The only bikes I can remember hearing about having the clayton mod done were 1300's

It may work fine on an 1800, I've just never heard anyone say for sure one way or another

Maybe one of the 1800 guys here may know, or you might try searching the vtxoa 1800 board
« Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 07:07:02 PM by BlueRetro »
'06  1300R

Txcruiser

• Old Timer
    • TxCruiser's MySpace
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2007, 04:46:05 PM »

You were right,but a little slow to respond, so I drilled out some holes.  In my opinion, my 1800R sounds like a loud lawn mower. I don't like it, so, now I am looking for replacement pipes or I am about to yank off the mufflers and send them to get modded by the VTXEXHAUST people.  For the mean time, I think I am going to weld up the holes and keep my hiss, hiss sound.

In the market for new pipes
TxCruiser

Old Blue

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2007, 10:54:43 PM »

Hey man if you don't like the way your bike sounds just thread the holes and ues some allen head bolts with thread locker on them to fill the drilled holes. I did that to mine and wallah!!!!!! pipes sound stock again.
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal