Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: newb in the garage seeks experienced teacher  (Read 574 times)

Morgan Buchanan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
    • Fantastic Opportunity!  Look and ask me about it!
newb in the garage seeks experienced teacher
« on: August 14, 2007, 06:14:12 AM »

Ok, so here's the deal.  I want to be able to work on my own bike.  I change my oil already.  I'd tackle replacing the pipes without hesitation.

I want to learn some of the more complex stuff.  I've done brakes on a bike and a car a time or two but both were nightmare experiences, and I know that it's gotta be easier.  I want to learn to take of and put back on my wheels, even if I have someone else mount and balance the tires.  I want to learn to do the valve job.  Currently my valve interval is thousands of miles away, so I have plenty of time to plan that.

I'm willing to pay someone for their time if that's required, or I'll just feed you if that's all you'll take.  I'm open to suggestions.  I live in Lewisville (DFW - south central Denton county)

I don't have all the tools, but I'm more than willing to buy the tools I need for the jobs so I have them.

Alternately, does anyone ever have wrench days?  I don't suppose that a valve job is really possible on those kinds of shop days because of the cool down time required.

Anyway, lemme know what you're up for.  Yes, I have a shop manual.  I just don't want to tear my engine apart and not know what I'm doing.  I commute daily on my X.  :)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 06:18:29 AM by Morgan Buchanan »
My now long gone VTX...

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal