Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: OT- Need advice on some projects at our new home!  (Read 958 times)

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
OT- Need advice on some projects at our new home!
« on: July 30, 2007, 10:03:16 PM »

We would like to get an estimate on what it would cost to get the wood floors refinished.  We also need a concrete driveway poured in front of our garage?  Do any of you have great/good references to some licensed/bonded companies or smaller shops in the area that can do these jobs within a reasonable amount of time & money?

Thanks.

Blueflameguy2

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Tarkington Prairie (45 miles ne of houston)
Re: OT- Need advice on some projects at our new home!
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 10:28:20 PM »

brock said hed do it all for a case of beer and a bike wash at a time to be named later....  O0

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2007, 11:23:32 PM »

brock said hed do it all for a case of beer and a bike wash at a time to be named later....  O0

...yeah...a year later...that's about how often he washes his bike!  :)

VT-XS

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2007, 05:55:19 AM »

We would like to get an estimate on what it would cost to get the wood floors refinished.  We also need a concrete driveway poured in front of our garage?  Do any of you have great/good references to some licensed/bonded companies or smaller shops in the area that can do these jobs within a reasonable amount of time & money?

Thanks.

I don't do remodeling but here is an idea:

refinish wood floors probably gonna cost 3-4 dollars a square foot depending on condition and quantity.

driveway should cost 4 maybe 5 bucks per squ ft depending on quantity for 4" thick concrete with woven wire mesh.

your specific project could blow these prices out of the water because of small quanitities (one home) and set up, but its some kind of reference.

Be careful, there's a lot of scumbags out there these days.

Hope that helps.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2007, 05:57:32 AM by VT-XS »
YOU CAN ONLY BE YOUNG ONCE, BUT YOU CAN BE IMMATURE YOUR ENTIRE LIFE..

Philanderer

• Old Timer
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2007, 06:37:17 AM »

I got some plants if you need them.
Refinishing a wood floor and pouring a driveway are things you can do yourself if you want to save money.
I showed up at a campsite where 4 of my biker co-workers were staying. We were going on a morning ride to get breakfast. Two of the guys that were supposed to ride waved me on and said "We can't make this one". My boss started his bike and looked at me and said "A lot of people 'own' motorcycles".

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2007, 10:18:30 AM »

Thanks for the replies.  I've thought about doing it myself, but I have no experience in either of these projects.  We have some time on our hands before we move in, because our house here hasn't sold yet.

Are there places that you can rent the proper equipment?

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2007, 11:04:07 AM »

Jason ---- call me.
02 1800C

Blueflameguy2

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Tarkington Prairie (45 miles ne of houston)
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2007, 11:30:22 AM »

you can probably form up the driveway yourself.  if you need a hand, give me a call.  most places you order the cement from, if you ask em, theyll send people to smooth it and everything for a bit more cash.  i wouldnt recommend trying that yourself.  if you ever see our carport, we tried the first 4 slabs against the garage, then paid to have the other 4 done.  the difference is rediculous....

HD-DEMON

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2007, 08:30:12 PM »

well I know I'm the closest thing to a mexican from this group... but i'm sorry I'm not that type of mexica...   ;D  pay somebody to do it right the 1st time... 

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal