Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: New Elections Thread - Reborn  (Read 2489 times)

j1mmyj4m

• The Shocker
  • Administrator
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Deer Park, Tx
New Elections Thread - Reborn
« on: July 27, 2007, 11:39:39 AM »

Here is the original post from Kenny (VTreX)...  Please keep this thread on topic.  There are plenty of others to Hijack. O0

Our bylaws call for byannual elections, with a term from Oct 1st to Sept 31st... Two months is NOT much time for someone to put their name in the pot and muster support should they want the job. I don't know if there is anyone that wants the job or not, but it is something that should not be put off till the last minute. If RD wants the job and if no one else does fine.. If there are others that would like to serve that should also be known. If anyone wants the job they should have the time to give, be ploticaly inclined, and be a good organizer. RD
The Prez.
Global Moderator
Texas X Rider OverLord

The Prez. in SA

Re: Need a "site inspector" for Fredricksberg area
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2007, 12:10:47 PM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What we need is a Rally Coordinator. Someone from the Central Texas area, that frequents the Hill Country several times a year. It would be a somewhat difficult task, for someone outside the Central Texas area, but not impossible. This is not difficult, if broken up into priority time slots. It does take some riding, and 1 on 1 communication, but if you're out riding, it can be incorporated into your ride.
This has to be a volunteer situation. It cannot be delegated. That doesn't work.

I will work 1 on 1 with the Rally Coordinator, providing forms, contacts, and assist when necessary. The rally requires many volunteers, from working the registration area, leading rides, collecting merchandise give aways, to serving the BBQ and clean up. We already have a pretty smooth running system in place.  As coordinator, you won't be left out in the cold by me, or asked to re-invent the wheel.

This organization was set-up, designed, and voted to be a loose, fun, minimal rules, volunteer group. Now's your time to step up.

Some one want to give RD a break??
Chunk the llama.

j1mmyj4m

• The Shocker
  • Administrator
  • Deer Park, Tx
Re: New Elections Thread - Reborn
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 02:50:07 PM »

Don't be scared ladies.  Let's hear some opinions.
Chunk the llama.

RD

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Just another Joe in San Antonio
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2007, 03:18:15 PM »

This thread would be a great opportunity to see some nominations for President. O0
Another proud owner of 2 1800's
04' Honda VTX 1800C
08' Honda GL1800 Goldwing

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2007, 03:49:13 PM »

Bill, Brock, and Tom    I can't think of 15 to 20   O0 O0 O0 
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

Blueflameguy2

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Tarkington Prairie (45 miles ne of houston)
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2007, 03:53:24 PM »

ill second brock O0

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2007, 06:28:00 PM »

I guess I'll BUMP!!!!!
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

hookem

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Port Neches, Texas
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2007, 10:54:46 PM »

It seems to me that a valid question from someone who might consider the position would be "just how time-consuming is this"?  Not trying to imply that we take for granted what all RD has done, I just feel like there may be a great deal we are unaware of.  With all that said, since he is already the King, how 'bout txcajun?
Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.
Ronald Reagan

bIgPrO

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Houston, South Side
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2007, 08:38:24 AM »

ill second brock O0

who? I guess he is OK.
I did not read the bylaws but can RD be nominated as well? I want some mud flinging going on ;D ;D ;D
Bigbear
NO X :(

07 Big Bear Chopper
300 rear tire, 44 degree rake,
S&S 100 Smooth,BBC Tornado Air Kit,V-Twin Pirate footpegs, 191/4 seat height

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2007, 11:41:56 AM »

ill second brock O0

who? I guess he is OK.
I did not read the bylaws but can RD be nominated as well? I want some mud flinging going on ;D ;D ;D
The by-laws say nothing about NOT serving two terms, only that the Prez. term is for two years... And that an election should be held every two years.... Do it. He can only say he does not want to do another two years.He has said that in another post...Too bad ALL the other post had to be deleated, just to get this thread back on track....Also a time frame needs to be set for things to happen..nominations, accepting or not, and voting. O0

snake

• What a ride it's been!
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2007, 04:45:16 PM »

I had already nominated RD on the first thread you had started Kenny...I guess it's gone now though. What I understood him to say in that thread was "NO". I could be wrong though. ;D
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

Txcajun

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2007, 08:54:01 PM »

Okay, Lets try to get this going and finally taken care of. O0 I spoke with Kenny earlier and he said that he will go ahead and give it a shot as president. So I,along with Jeremy from one of his earlier post nominate Kenny Rowe (Vtrex) for the next president of the group. O0
Les Coullion Coup d'e'tat peux Embrasse Moi Tchew!              03 1800 retro TRAILER QUEEN EXTRORDINAIRE "SMELL THE BUMPER"

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2007, 09:46:53 PM »

I had posted  in a deleated  POST that I was not interested or qualified >>>> however with the lack of enthusiam if elected I will serve as best I can....I will also post things I would work on if elected...Now the prez. and the other 4 members of the board need to set a time for the nominations to stop and date for the election to take place...and this should be placed in the by-laws and fixed.....RIP

Crewsn

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • leander(austin), texas
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2007, 10:02:29 PM »

i'm gonna second txcajun's nomination for kenny(VTreX). like i said before, kenny has always been very involved with this board and has always made an effort to get us together in state meets. i think he'd be the perfect man for the job. 
« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 10:05:46 PM by Crewsn »
03 1800 C, airbox mod, K&N filter, roadhouse shorty.

txgaboy

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Texas/Georgia Boy Austin, Texas
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2007, 04:30:43 PM »

;DYep, Kenny for President, he might have a propensity for bad spelling, but he is retired and I believe he is the multibiker for the job! O0
Most all straight Southern white males
spend there entire lives trying to avoid
being pissants. - Lewis Grizzard

'05 1300 VTX retro (red) Sold
'07 GOLDWING  (Metallic Dark Blue)

PGR Rider; when I can
US Army, 1969 - 1982

CouldBFaster

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2007, 04:33:29 PM »

KENNY FOR PRESIDENT!   O0
Catching a yellow-jacket in your shirt at seventy miles per hour can double your vocabulary.

Honest officer .... I aint driving fast ..... just flying low ....

"I'll keep my money, my freedom and my guns, You can keep the "change"."

┌П┐ (•_•)┌П┐
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal