Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Question about wearing the Large Patch on the back  (Read 2969 times)

VT-XS

• Master Tejano Rider
Re: Question about wearing the Large Patch on the back
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2007, 05:58:28 AM »

What's "COC"?  ???

Jeff,

You and me look like a Power Rangers when we ride. 1%'s aren't concerned with extraterrestrials and what not.

YOU CAN ONLY BE YOUNG ONCE, BUT YOU CAN BE IMMATURE YOUR ENTIRE LIFE..

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2007, 06:36:41 AM »

As I noted on another thread, I actually am a 1%er.

http://www.texasxriders.com/index.php?topic=4904.msg51931#msg51931

;D ;D O0
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

snake

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • What a ride it's been!
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2007, 06:50:37 AM »

To anyone trying to figure all this out... The Tx X Rider patch we adopted years ago and paperpeddler makes DOES NOT violate any COC rules, and there has never been an issue with anyone wearing it. Be warned though. If you add a town name and or state "rocker" to any patch, you might find out more than you want to about the matter. A buncha BS? Yeah, but real just the same. Forewarned! Also , the biggest and easiest way to encite unrest with 1%ers is to post warnings to them on this board that you will shoot them if they come after you. Many of our members are members of other COC member clubs, and our board as well as most others are most likely monitored periodically. If a dog isn't biting... don't poke at it!
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2007, 09:24:13 AM »

Since John brought it up, I'd like to expand a little bit on the weapons topic. While we don't have the population of macho killer-dude chest-beaters that VTXOA has, I have seen some mention here from time to time about how we gun-toters should handle certain types of problems. That kind of talk is fine face to face, but now that a certain political party that is committed to what they refer to as "common-sense gun control" (by which they mean no firearms whatsoever in the hands of the citizens) has assumed new control, they have stepped up their efforts to make firearms possession by citizens illegal. They are actively seeking negative stereotypes of firearms owners to scare, and thus sway the opinions of, people who are uncommitted on the issue. Don't give them ammunition. There are a lot of mindless morons out there who are willing to believe that taking the guns away from a good citizen will somehow prevent a career criminal from using a firearm in a crime, and a lot of naive hoplophobes who are willing to believe that crooks all pay fair market value for their guns at gun shows or licensed dealers. Lets not give the gun-grabbers any ammunition to twist out of context and use against us. Remember, even the ACLU, that great champion of our Constitutional rights, refutes the existence of the Second Amendment. You can bet that if it's posted on the internet, some of those morons will use it against us to further their cause.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 09:25:51 AM by hipshot »
02 1800C

Snake Doc

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • San Antonio
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2007, 11:11:19 AM »

Well said, Hipshot!
My three favorite boxers:
1905-1974 James J. "Cinderella Man" Braddock
2006 Goldwing Nav
2020 Subaru Forester Touring

HeadGuess

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Wills Point, Texas
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2007, 04:35:41 PM »

Since John brought it up, I'd like to expand a little bit on the weapons topic. While we don't have the population of macho killer-dude chest-beaters that VTXOA has, I have seen some mention here from time to time about how we gun-toters should handle certain types of problems. That kind of talk is fine face to face, but now that a certain political party that is committed to what they refer to as "common-sense gun control" (by which they mean no firearms whatsoever in the hands of the citizens) has assumed new control, they have stepped up their efforts to make firearms possession by citizens illegal. They are actively seeking negative stereotypes of firearms owners to scare, and thus sway the opinions of, people who are uncommitted on the issue. Don't give them ammunition. There are a lot of mindless morons out there who are willing to believe that taking the guns away from a good citizen will somehow prevent a career criminal from using a firearm in a crime, and a lot of naive hoplophobes who are willing to believe that crooks all pay fair market value for their guns at gun shows or licensed dealers. Lets not give the gun-grabbers any ammunition to twist out of context and use against us. Remember, even the ACLU, that great champion of our Constitutional rights, refutes the existence of the Second Amendment. You can bet that if it's posted on the internet, some of those morons will use it against us to further their cause.

Yes well said and if you will notice I deleted my previous post. Thanks for the reminder. I have one question though............what exactly is a hoplophobes?!

murray_61

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Hobe Sound, FL
    • facebook
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2007, 05:35:31 PM »

Yes well said and if you will notice I deleted my previous post. Thanks for the reminder. I have one question though............what exactly is a hoplophobes?!

Hoplophobia, (pronounced [ˌhɔpləˈfoʊbiə]), from the Greek hoplon, or weapon, is a word coined in 1962 by firearms instructor Colonel Jeff Cooper meaning an irrational and morbid fear of guns. Cooper employed the clinical-sounding term as an alternative to other slang terms, stating: "We read of 'gun grabbers' and 'anti-gun nuts' but these slang terms do not (explain this behavior)." Cooper attributed this behavior to the irrational fear of firearms and other forms of weaponry. He stated that "the most common manifestation of hoplophobia is the idea that instruments possess a will of their own, apart from that of their user."

The word hoplophobia is not found in the Oxford English Dictionary, generally considered the most comprehensive dictionary of the English language, though that dictionary does identify twelve different words with the prefix hoplo-.

HeadGuess

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Wills Point, Texas
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2007, 10:38:47 AM »

Damn, I like bleeding heart liberal democrat better. That way they know what I am calling them.

Morgan Buchanan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
    • Fantastic Opportunity!  Look and ask me about it!
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2007, 11:00:37 AM »

At least you put "democrat" behind "liberal" because your average true liberal isn't a bad sort...Ask Thomas Jefferson.  But the ones in the Democratic party are pretty well useless.
My now long gone VTX...

RocknRoll

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Kingwood, TX
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2007, 12:52:26 PM »

Damn, I like bleeding heart liberal democrat better. That way they know what I am calling them.

Liberal Democrat is redundant, redundant, redundant, redundant, redundant ......
Wanna make God laugh?  -  Tell him your plans!

Wanna make God angry?  -  Treat Him with indifference!

snake

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • What a ride it's been!
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2007, 08:10:41 PM »

Redundant? Liberal Democrat? Spoken like true Republicans scared of a different viewpoint! ;D
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

Morgan Buchanan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
    • Fantastic Opportunity!  Look and ask me about it!
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2007, 08:18:40 PM »

Democrats give liberals a bad name.  LOL
My now long gone VTX...

HeadGuess

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Wills Point, Texas
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2007, 05:03:27 AM »

Redundant? Liberal Democrat? Spoken like true Republicans scared of a different viewpoint! ;D

LOL!

Alternate viewpoints are fine with me. The difference is mine just happens to be the same as the people who are right.

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2007, 06:42:32 AM »

Hmmmm.. one would almost say this thread has been hijacked!! I don't see too many 1%ers having anything in common with liberals, no matter the political party!  ;D ;D ;)
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

Boogie

• Master Tejano Rider
  • GULF OF MEXICO
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2007, 05:14:24 PM »

What's "COC"?  ???

Creepy Old Codgers 8)
                      Native Texan, I ride a steel horse