Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 2006 VTX 1300R for Sale  (Read 2293 times)

lpadamsthompson

Re: 2006 VTX 1300R for Sale
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2007, 06:08:34 PM »

I am not looking to make a killing. I just want to sell it and not under price it either. What do ya'll recommend? I used NADA and Kelly Blue Book and used them as a guide between retail and trade in value. I would appreciate your honest advice.

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2007, 07:53:06 PM »

Look at what CycleTrader is showing, and be open to selling some of those options by themselves. I wasn't selling my VTX with Mustang seat ($625), Boss Bags ($900+), deluxe VTX backrest ($375), and Honda solo rack ($120) attached, because I wasn't going to get squat for them. Taking them off the bike would have been easy, and would have still left a 100% functional bike, (after I put the stock seat back on). Face it, everyone wants your options, no one wants to pay for them. So sell them separately, or make it a 2 package deal. Package 1 is bike without those types of options, package 1 and 2 is bike with the options. Package 2, if needed to be sold separately, doesn't go before Package 1 sells.

Worked for me, and the buyer was happy with his deal. But then again, I have had people tell me that I am the smartest f**ker they have ever met...  ;D O0
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

Txcajun

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2007, 08:33:18 PM »

Look at what CycleTrader is showing, and be open to selling some of those options by themselves. I wasn't selling my VTX with Mustang seat ($625), Boss Bags ($900+), deluxe VTX backrest ($375), and Honda solo rack ($120) attached, because I wasn't going to get squat for them. Taking them off the bike would have been easy, and would have still left a 100% functional bike, (after I put the stock seat back on). Face it, everyone wants your options, no one wants to pay for them. So sell them separately, or make it a 2 package deal. Package 1 is bike without those types of options, package 1 and 2 is bike with the options. Package 2, if needed to be sold separately, doesn't go before Package 1 sells.

Worked for me, and the buyer was happy with his deal. But then again, I have had people tell me that I am the smartest f**ker they have ever met...  ;D O0
What about the ones that thought you were the dumbest f**ker they had ever met?  ???:o ;D ;D ;D ;D O0 Sorry I couldn't resist. O0
Les Coullion Coup d'e'tat peux Embrasse Moi Tchew!              03 1800 retro TRAILER QUEEN EXTRORDINAIRE "SMELL THE BUMPER"

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2007, 12:20:20 AM »

What about the ones that thought you were the dumbest f**ker they had ever met?  ???:o ;D ;D ;D ;D O0 Sorry I couldn't resist. O0

Well, that's the majority, so didn't think I needed to mention the obvious....  ;D ;) O0
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

Pug

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2007, 09:02:11 AM »

THOMPSON...JM is right on. I sold my '94 Aspencade for a grand more than book simply by offering the CB, CD, cover, shop manual, and some assorted tools and bling as an option. Learn to use pictures, too. Whether Craigslist (which is hard to beat) or CycleTrader or other, people want to see pics of what they are getting. I'm in Dallas, sold my Wing to a guy from Northern Minnesota based upon the detailed pics and description. Set up a Photobucket account (free) or the like, and learn how to post the images and details. Work up a table of the service done on the bike (heck, for a 2006 you won't have much). Look at what similar bikes are selling for (ignore the Altus,OK and other discount/low ball prices as they do not include respective state taxes, assembly fees, and sundry charges). Search CycleTrader and dealer used bike listings. That's more dependable than KBB or NADA as it shows what peeps are actually paying.

The probability is that with a 2006 you are not going to get all that you want (i.e., KBB/NADA plus retail of options)--even by separating elements of the package. With a newer bike, you will get to eat the depreciation. The good news: it's a Honda. Right now a 2006R with just a Hondaline windshield and saddlebags (saw three lined up at a dealer last night while picking up some oil) runs around $8250 (+/-). Mileage, condition (detail), and bling will all help in the sell.

Good luck...  O0
« Last Edit: July 21, 2007, 09:05:09 AM by Pug »
2006 1800R Spec2 Lightly Farkled -- RIP: ST1300 ABS / BMW R1100RT / 2008 GL1800 / 2006 VTX 1300S / 1997 Aspencade 1500
Pages: 1 [2]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal