Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Daingerfield, TX State Park....Any in put?  (Read 2979 times)

Dusty

Daingerfield, TX State Park....Any in put?
« on: July 08, 2007, 10:20:49 AM »

It's up in Snake's neck of the woods. But, it's bound to have some good points too.  ;D :D J/K John  ;)

SouthernXer

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • BRAD Allen, Texas
    • Me playing music
Re: Daingerfield, TX State Park....Any in put?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2007, 10:45:24 AM »

Hey Bill, 

I used to cover that territory years ago and I don't remember many great things about it.  It's small and next to a gold course IIRC.  I remember it being the prettiest part of Daingerfield, though.   ;D  With all the rain we have been getting it is probably under water as I remember seeing it flooded once before.  Nice roads in that part of the country though.  Curvy and wooded.  I used to ride that highway between Winnsboro to Pittsburg, to Daingerfeld all the time.  I even met Carroll Shelby in one of his cars one day at a gas station.   O0

SiC

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 01:41:30 PM »

I've been there........can't recall much about it though.  I'm about 40 miles from there so if your gonna be doing some riding around that area let me know. O0
 There is some scenis routes in that area.... Guess i kinda overlook them since i live in the area, but some of the rodes have some decent curves and good tree lined views.

SiC

I had 1 Billion Posts on the old site.......

Dusty

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 03:27:39 PM »

Thanks for the input.

My oldest son and his family were there right after the fourth and he said it was nice until the flood hit again and ran them home to Allen.

I'm playing with the idea of doing some camping in the fall (in cooler temps) with the destination really being Arkansas. I've never spent any time in NE Tx., so I may just spend a couple days there before I ease North.

evilashx

• Old Timer
    • www.AccurateConstructionTexas.com
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2007, 04:26:16 PM »

Thanks for the input.

My oldest son and his family were there right after the fourth and he said it was nice until the flood hit again and ran them home to Allen.

I'm playing with the idea of doing some camping in the fall (in cooler temps) with the destination really being Arkansas. I've never spent any time in NE Tx., so I may just spend a couple days there before I ease North.

Never been to Dangerfield Park but after you leave there if you aren't already planning to you should take 259 up through Broken Bow and through Smithville to The Talimena Trail and go into Arkansas that way through Mena, Ark. The Talimena is one hell of a ride.... of course going up to Hot Springs and Scenic 7  is one hell of a ride as well..Arkansas is just a great state to ride in period. I spent a few days in Hot Springs memorial day and did a lot of riding. Can't wait to go back...
« Last Edit: July 15, 2007, 08:26:14 PM by evilashx »

txgaboy

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Texas/Georgia Boy Austin, Texas
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2007, 08:19:52 PM »

;D ;D If u get to ride the Talamina parkway, when in Mena, U need to run up hwy 23 north of I40 on the Pigs Tail!!!!!!!!!!!!! excellent ride...... O0 O0 We will be heading back there ASAP!
Most all straight Southern white males
spend there entire lives trying to avoid
being pissants. - Lewis Grizzard

'05 1300 VTX retro (red) Sold
'07 GOLDWING  (Metallic Dark Blue)

PGR Rider; when I can
US Army, 1969 - 1982

Dusty

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2007, 04:01:18 AM »

I'm saving this thread to my favorites for reference when I put my trip together.
Grandkids were down this weekend and they are ready to go camping again. I made sure their dad was too before I mentioned it.
He has been looking at Oklahoma. Of course he doesn't have a bike. I think that may change in the next few years cause he sure likes taking mine out. It's getting where he stays gone longer each time he takes it. His wife has a different opinion.

Thanks for the input!   O0

snake

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • What a ride it's been!
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2007, 08:54:36 AM »

Beavers bend is the place to camp for at least a day or two... located on 259 just north of broken bow. Lots of curvy roads in the park...nice atmosphere. Holler when you head up here Dusty
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

bgreer

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2007, 10:25:09 AM »

Thanks for the input.

Bill, you rode right through there when we went up to my moms place.... remember????

jackandangie

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2007, 11:34:53 AM »

Beavers bend is the place to camp for at least a day or two... located on 259 just north of broken bow. Lots of curvy roads in the park...nice atmosphere. Holler when you head up here Dusty

Went to Beaver's bend last year. The rangers were very anti-biker at the time adn seemed to go out of there way to give some of our friends a hard time. They first chewed them out because they didn't put their tent close enough to the picnic table (all they did was exhibit good woodsmanship by choosing the best spot for their tent). Later, they took the kids wading and the rangers followed them down to the wading area and made them get out because they didn't have footwear, yet didn't make the 20+  others without proper footwear get out. It seemed like they had it in for them adn the only thing I could see different was that they were on bikes. Except for the roads in the park the rest are pretty boring. I'll never go there again.

Jack

snake

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • What a ride it's been!
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2007, 02:43:43 PM »

Been there 20 or so times through the years, camped about 12 of those. Only seen a ranger twice at the campsite in all those times. Had trouble with racoons a few times though! ;D
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal