Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: desmog and warranty  (Read 624 times)

cemalone

• Rider
desmog and warranty
« on: June 29, 2007, 03:20:57 PM »

Hello all fellow Xer's my question is if I decide to desmog my bike will it void my five years of warranty i purchased?  I asked the dealer if it would and they said they did not know and pretty much told me that if it is the cause of an engine issue it will void it, and if not i should be fine. Does any one have a better answer for me than that? has any one had issues with their warranty after doing the desmog mod? johnny are you a fan of the desmog mod or am I better off leaving it the way it is?

SouthernXer

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • BRAD Allen, Texas
    • Me playing music
Re: desmog and warranty
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 04:32:58 PM »

I have NEVER heard of an engine problem being traced back to the desmog.  Mine has been desmogged since 2003 and it hasn't skipped a beat.   O0

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
Re: desmog and warranty
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 08:40:34 PM »

Desmogging won't create any problems that will require warranty service. Desmogging is illegal, although no way exists right now to enforce it. SOME dealers will try to void your warranty for things like desmogging, aftermarket parts, non-Honda fluids & filters, etc. What your dealer told you was the truth; unless the problem can be traced to the part or modification, it shouldn't void the warranty.
02 1800C

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal