Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Questions on J&M CB Handlebar mounted All-in-one Unit  (Read 3445 times)

Quick-Silver

• Old Timer
  • Canyon Lake, Tx
Re: Questions on J&M CB Handlebar mounted All-in-one Unit
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2007, 07:35:12 AM »

Jason, The headphones in my helmet were installed when I got the CB installed at the Honda dealer.  I've come to know the guys in the service dept and the parts dept so I felt comfortable with there advise.  Here is the set I bought:  http://powersports.honda.com/the_goods/accessories/detail.asp?ModelName=Gold+Wing+Audio%2FComfort%2FNavi%2FABS&ModelYear=2008&ModelId=GL18HPNA8&OpCode=MC0754

I am aware that the Golding headphones are not what you are looking for, but there two points I want to make here: 1. the open face headset works great in my flip face helmet, and 2.  there was not enough room in my old helmet for the speakers.

Although, there are headphone sets made especially for flip face helmets, there have been some problems reported with the wire that feeds inside and down into the flip module for the mouth piece due to the module being open and closed about a kagillion times.  Because the mouth piece on my set is on a flex shaft, it easily moves out of the way for me to close my face module.  After I drop down the face module, I place the mouth piece from underneath the module and in front of my mouth.  It's easy to do this and the fit is good.

I had to buy a new helmet because I could not get my old Shoei flip-face helmet on with the headphones installed.  This was not all bad because I have been looking for an excuse to buy one of the new Shoei Multitec helmets to match the silver GW.  It seems J&M got together with the helmet mafufactures so that new helmets now have recessed areas to accommodate speakers.  The new helmet with the speakers fits beautifully.

Oh, and the sound coming from the speakers is good, too.  Since this is my 1st set of speakers, I have no way of comparing sound quality to any other speakers out there.

The CB works great and the FM and MP3 player comes through beautifully.  I was told by some of the guys on last Saturdays ride who had CB's that I came through on the CB OK.  I guess that meant the sound quality was clear and the signal was strong.

I hope this is helpful to you and you get a setup soon because once you get setup, you'll wonder why you waited so long. O0
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 07:37:59 AM by Quick-Silver »
Jerry Maler
07 Honda GL1800 Goldwing - Silver

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2007, 04:02:34 PM »

BLUETOOTH  ::)

This unit is not bluetooth compatible.  It has adapters for other bluetooth devices, but the headsets are not bluetooth.

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2007, 04:03:32 PM »

Well, I ordered everything today from Sierra.  It should all be here by Friday.  Woohoo!!!

Thanks to everyone that helped answer my questions.  I know what I'll be doing this coming weekend!!  8)

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2007, 04:17:12 PM »

I know you will love it if you can find someone that will talk to you!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D   Did you look at the HS-BLU277's   BLUETOOTH???????
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2007, 08:24:36 PM »

I know you will love it if you can find someone that will talk to you!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D   Did you look at the HS-BLU277's   BLUETOOTH???????

They told me that the CB is not bluetooth compatible.  Are you telling me you have the bluetooth headset, and you use it to talk with your CB???  What do you have to hook up to the CB to make it bluetooth compatible???

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2007, 07:19:37 AM »

NO,, but I knew a guy once with a GOLD tooth that said he could pickup the loacl A.M. stations!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D O0  R.S.R.L.  ::) ::)     I know you will like the unit !!!  8) 8) 8)
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2007, 09:03:02 AM »

Kenny, you never cease to amaze me with your "wealth of information"!  I feel special just having been in your presence on this topic!  ::)

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2007, 09:21:51 AM »

GEEEEEE THANKS JASON 8)!!!!!!   Can I put that credit in my book??? O0 O0 O0 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2007, 10:23:00 AM »

I'm just messing with you, Kenny.  But I really do want to know if the JMCB-2003-DU can use bluetooth headsets for CB radio communication.

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2007, 10:44:00 AM »

I'm just messing with you, Kenny.  But I really do want to know if the JMCB-2003-DU can use bluetooth headsets for CB radio communication.
Please call 1-800-358-0881 This the people that make them, they are very nice and will answer any quetion you have..... REEEEALY     This is NOT A PAID ADVTISEMNT. I just like their product and service..... I do not know if they will work together :'(... :D :D ;D ;D ;D    R.S.R.L  and "smell the bumper"   O0 O0 O0                Best I can tell they don't work together YET!!       

blingbling

• Rider
  • BlingBling (Tyler,TX)
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2007, 01:58:54 PM »

I have a KM radio mounted and plug it intoa J&M cb control unit. It works as good as anything I have tried. I also have speakers in my helmet (half sheal with face sheild). Nice to have it but it does get more difficult at speeds over 70mph. I have a mount that screws onto the clutch resevior body and not to the hadle bar. Works great.
Doug Courson

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2007, 06:43:07 PM »

I have a KM radio mounted and plug it intoa J&M cb control unit. It works as good as anything I have tried. I also have speakers in my helmet (half sheal with face sheild). Nice to have it but it does get more difficult at speeds over 70mph. I have a mount that screws onto the clutch resevior body and not to the hadle bar. Works great.

That's the same mount I bought, so it should work fine.  I have full face helmets, so hopefully the sound will be better, because I ride above 70mph almost all the time!  :)

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2007, 08:09:20 PM »

Well, I got my stuff today, but I don't think Sierra sent me the correct unit.  When I opened the box from UPS, I pulled out a white box that says "JMCB-GL15 Complete JMCB-2003 Kit for Honda GL-1500".

The box has a control module in it that does not have all the plugs I need.  I ordered the JMCB-2003-DU (which is on my sales receipt), but the manual I printed form J&M's website doesn't show this control module.

Did any of you get this same setup, or did I get screwed?   >:(

Maw Maw

• Old Timer
  • Liberty Hill, TX
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2007, 07:31:56 AM »

They shipped you the wrong unit.  Your unit should look like this:  http://www.sierra-mc.com/proddetail.asp?prod=JM%2DJMCB2003%2DSL
Pat
2004 VTX 1300

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2007, 08:54:15 AM »

Well, I called Sierra Electronics this morning and spoke with Kevin (the same guy I bought everything from).  Needless to say, they sent the wrong unit.  I asked him if he could get one overnighted to me for Monday, and he told me there are no UPS services on Saturday.  I asked him if he could make an exception and take it to a Post Office for overnight delivery, and he told me he didn't think he could do that.  So much for customer service after the sale!  Well, Kevin is getting his stuff back, and I WILL put out the word on Sierra Electronics and how they screwed me over!  So much for having a CB unit for my trip this coming week... >:(

I guess I should have dealt with the manufacturer on this one!  Live and learn!
Pages: 1 [2] 3

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal