Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Who does the best Dyno Mapping for our X's in the Austin area . . .  (Read 2073 times)

Jay(X)son

I've got a custom Johnny Cheese Map, and I like it. 
Now I ran into a guy, Yanai Adaky, who owns Motor Ironhouse Cycles.  He says that he can do a better map than Johnny, and also says that he has had to fix several maps that have been done by Johnny.  So, . . . is this guy full-of-it, or is there some truth to it? 
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 08:05:12 AM by Jay(X)son »

Dusty

You like the way your bike runs? Why worry about what some other tuner says? What kind of hp and torque have you got now?

I always question someone who bad mouths thier compitition. Sort of makes it sound like they are trying to justify themselves. Johnny has only been back up doing dynos for a couple of months. It's hard to believe that there could be that many disatisfied customers.

I had a dyno done someplace else because Johnny wasn't open yet. I ask the guy if he knew Johnny Cheese and he said he had heard of him and had spoke to him on the telephone once but that was all he knew of him. His only other comment was that Johnny is suppose to be pretty damn good.

SouthernXer

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • BRAD Allen, Texas
    • Me playing music

You like the way your bike runs? Why worry about what some other tuner says? What kind of hp and torque have you got now?

I always question someone who bad mouths thier compitition. Sort of makes it sound like they are trying to justify themselves. Johnny has only been back up doing dynos for a couple of months. It's hard to believe that there could be that many disatisfied customers.

I had a dyno done someplace else because Johnny wasn't open yet. I ask the guy if he knew Johnny Cheese and he said he had heard of him and had spoke to him on the telephone once but that was all he knew of him. His only other comment was that Johnny is suppose to be pretty damn good.

Just my .02 but for what it's worth....  I have had the same type of situation as Dusty (Bill), only from the North side of the state.  So that's two Dynojet tuners that have had nothing but praise to say about Johnny Cheese.  I personally have never met Johnny but everything I have heard has been positive.  Tend to agree with the statement about bad mouthing your competitors...  Poor way to increase sales IMO. 

Davesax36

• Master Tejano Rider

johnny does the best maps. I'm pretty sure when a guy is willing to ship his $18000 turbo busa to austin from minnesota (or one of those way north places) just to have him do the tune on it, he's doing things right.

VTXDEMON

I'm taking my bike to Johnny on the 23rd... I looked into it to hav eit doen here in Houston and I got a buch of BS from the local Harley dealers... I got with johnny and he gave me all the info I needed and the best deal in TX for a power commander...  now you can't go wrong with that...  some of the local Harley dealers guarante their tunning but I'll rather just hav ehim do it right the first time and not worry about it

Jay(X)son

Oh yeah, . . . that's what I thought, . . . that this guy was just full-of-it. I just wanted to hear what you'all had to say. I must say that I've been very happy with my Custom-Cheese Map.

johnnycheese

• Old Timer

you know as evryone else that all my custom mapping comes with My backing. If it isn't right I will fix it.
So I have a very hard time thinking he fixed any maps I have made.
Johnnycheese tuning center
512-767-4273
Builder and tuner of the fastest NA bike in Texas

Jay(X)son

Awesome, Mr Johnny.  So glad to hear that you're back up and running again.   O0  Now I was referred to that place for something totally unrelated.  While I was there this guy started bad-mouth'n your dynos.  I was like, . . . did I miss something somewhere, or what? 
Now I'm planning on doing some other mods in a month or two, including an air-intake.  I'm bring'n my X on over to you shortly afterwards.  You dyno'd my X back in '04, and the only problems I ran into is when I switched over to the HPP.  I ripped that piece of crap out of my bike after having it in for a few weeks.  I stuck the pc with your map back in.  So is that African American guy hanging around your shop help'n you out again?  Oh, and what's your new number? 
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 07:55:28 PM by Jay(X)son »

johnnycheese

• Old Timer

read the signature
and yes Gbusa drops by ever now and then.
Johnnycheese tuning center
512-767-4273
Builder and tuner of the fastest NA bike in Texas

forevrtxan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • (Leander) Austin, Texas

I need a new map for my PCIII, apparently running too rich. All I have ever heard was how good johnnycheese was period. I heard a bunch of whining that he had closed shop for awhile.  O0 O0 Does anyone know what he charges for a custom map?
David

'05 1800R2 (with sidestand down)

Old enuff to know better....but young enuff to still do it!!!!!!

Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway~~John Wayne

All the way up in there!!!! (Quote from VTreX at BBTIII)

pepsX

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Missouri City TX
    • pepsX products
Re: Who does the best Dyno Mapping for our X's in the Austin area . . .
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2007, 12:48:56 PM »

I'm taking my bike to Johnny on the 23rd... I looked into it to hav eit doen here in Houston and I got a buch of BS from the local Harley dealers... I got with johnny and he gave me all the info I needed and the best deal in TX for a power commander...  now you can't go wrong with that...  some of the local Harley dealers guarante their tunning but I'll rather just hav ehim do it right the first time and not worry about it

cant wait to see the look on your face after Johnny takes all the vibration out of your H-D, it will run right then. they love to starve the rear cylinder on idle.
I used to have 1000 post on the old board.

www.pepsX.com

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal