Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: The unthinkable happened at ROT  (Read 3693 times)

forevrtxan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • (Leander) Austin, Texas
The unthinkable happened at ROT
« on: June 04, 2007, 09:20:04 AM »

Got to ROT Wednesday after work. Rode Thursday, Friday, and then it happened!!!!  :'( :'( :'( Saturday woke up (we camped out at ROT), was going to ride in to Austin for breakfast, and my bike wouldn't start!!!!! >:( >:( I was with seven Harley riders, and they didn't cut me any slack. I trailered it in Sunday to Woods. I'm sure I'll never hear the end of this one. She would crank but not fire. My guess is one or both of the coils went out. Thank God she's under warranty. So let the ribbing begin!!!!  O0 O0
David

'05 1800R2 (with sidestand down)

Old enuff to know better....but young enuff to still do it!!!!!!

Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway~~John Wayne

All the way up in there!!!! (Quote from VTreX at BBTIII)

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
Re: The unthinkable happened at ROT
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 10:06:12 AM »

The unthinkable is that you were hanging out with 7 Hardly riders.....  ::)
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

RD

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Just another Joe in San Antonio
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 10:39:24 AM »

Natch!! ::)
Another proud owner of 2 1800's
04' Honda VTX 1800C
08' Honda GL1800 Goldwing

VTXDEMON

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 10:42:42 AM »

it sucks when a Jap bike breaks down on the weekend... most dealers are close sunday... Oh wait they don't stock anything anyway... either way, hope you get it fix soon and hope you still had fun while you could not ride it.

Txcajun

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2007, 11:16:37 AM »

Those "Jap" dealers don't stock anything because they don't need to. :o Now on the other hand, the Harley dealerships...well we know how this story ends. ;D ;D ;D ;D
Les Coullion Coup d'e'tat peux Embrasse Moi Tchew!              03 1800 retro TRAILER QUEEN EXTRORDINAIRE "SMELL THE BUMPER"

forevrtxan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2007, 11:20:31 AM »

I expected as much from you Jeff....Can't wait to hear from Steve, Jeremy, Wayne, Trent, Jarubio, Brent, etc. etc.
David

VTXDEMON

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2007, 11:27:34 AM »

Those "Jap" dealers don't stock anything because they don't need to. :o Now on the other hand, the Harley dealerships...well we know how this story ends. ;D ;D ;D ;D

lol... I had my fair share of jap bikes... so I know what you mean...

now correct me if I'm wrong but he did stated that he was riding with 7 other guys on Harleys and his bike did brake down, not the harleys... I also know of another VTX that broke down in the rally...  either way... I'm glad he was able to make it home...  and I hope honda does not give him any trouble with the warranty. ;)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 11:29:27 AM by VTXDEMON »

Dusty

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2007, 11:47:36 AM »

now correct me if I'm wrong but he did stated that he was riding with 7 other guys on Harleys and his bike did brake/break down, not the harleys... I also know of another VTX that broke down in the rally...  either way... I'm glad he was able to make it home...  and I hope honda does not give him any trouble with the warranty. ;)

Ok, this is gonna go no where so I'm gonna start correcting spelling.  ;D However, they don't pay me enough to monitor Kenny.  :D ;D

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2007, 12:47:14 PM »

Ok, this is gonna go no where so I'm gonna start correcting spelling.  ;D However, they don't pay me enough to monitor Kenny.  :D ;D

Oh boy!!! That's a good one!!!  ;D :D ;)
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

forevrtxan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2007, 12:55:48 PM »

now correct me if I'm wrong but he did stated that he was riding with 7 other guys on Harleys and his bike did brake/break down, not the harleys... I also know of another VTX that broke down in the rally...  either way... I'm glad he was able to make it home...  and I hope honda does not give him any trouble with the warranty. ;)

Well, I'm sure Kenny's gonna chime in on this one too!!!!  O0 O0
David

txgaboy

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Texas/Georgia Boy Austin, Texas
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2007, 08:44:34 PM »

;D ;D ;D
Man, you are 1 hellofva man!!  That's alot to endure, the humiliation, the anxiety, grief, just a plethora of emotions!  My dew rag is off to u!!  At least the kickstand worked!    O0
Most all straight Southern white males
spend there entire lives trying to avoid
being pissants. - Lewis Grizzard

'05 1300 VTX retro (red) Sold
'07 GOLDWING  (Metallic Dark Blue)

PGR Rider; when I can
US Army, 1969 - 1982

txgaboy

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Texas/Georgia Boy Austin, Texas
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2007, 08:46:25 PM »

:o :o I checked with Woods' today, is it necessary to put "gas" in the tank???!!!!
Most all straight Southern white males
spend there entire lives trying to avoid
being pissants. - Lewis Grizzard

'05 1300 VTX retro (red) Sold
'07 GOLDWING  (Metallic Dark Blue)

PGR Rider; when I can
US Army, 1969 - 1982

forevrtxan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2007, 02:52:49 PM »

;D ;D ;D
Man, you are 1 hellofva man!!  That's alot to endure, the humiliation, the anxiety, grief, just a plethora of emotions!  My dew rag is off to u!!  At least the kickstand worked!    O0

Well, Woods called me today. The bike is ready to pick up. Guess what it was?

FOULED SPARK PLUGS!!!! Damn, it only has 12.5k on the bike. I thought the plugs lasted longer than that. The service guy had the audacity to ask me if I had ridden in Friday's ROT parade!!! I said, "Hell no"!!!! At least the problem is solved.  O0 O0
David

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2007, 03:02:24 PM »

I thought I had a friend in Lumberton!!!!!! :P :P :P
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2007, 03:06:12 PM »

;D ;D ;D

Well, Woods called me today. The bike is ready to pick up. Guess what it was?

FOULED SPARK PLUGS!!!! Damn, it only has 12.5k on the bike. I thought the plugs lasted longer than that. The service guy had the audacity to ask me if I had ridden in Friday's ROT parade!!! I said, "Hell no"!!!! At least the problem is solved.  O0 O0
      Glad it was not out of gas   bro.!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D   Did you get any TATS in your spare time???? ::) ::) ::)
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!
Pages: [1] 2 3

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal