Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Help clutch spring bolt!!  (Read 860 times)

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
Help clutch spring bolt!!
« on: June 03, 2007, 10:16:29 PM »

Sometimes things don't go right!!!! First I had purchased a set of 3/8 ths drive allen sockets..... 5mm was important size....it was not groung on all sides....Great Neck brand purchased at AUTOZONE....then I break one of the clutch spring bolts.... 10mm head....using a new click stile torque wrench....BIKEMASTER 3/8 drive 5 to 80 ft lbs......Now I have a bolt to get out and replace....... Anyone have an eazeout for that bolt??? >:( >:( >:( >:(
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
Re: Help clutch spring bolt!!
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 06:35:31 AM »

Kenny, I may have one -- I'm at work now so I can't check until I get home. If you broke it off below flush, a left-hand drill bit will PROBABLY walk it right out.  The torque you are putting on those spring bolts is against the bottom of the tap, and not against the spring. Try "feeling" them in snug rather than torquing them to 108 inch pounds.
02 1800C

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 08:15:16 AM »

Got your P.M. thanks I will be in touch O0 O0 O0 O0 :-[ ;D ;D ;D  THANKS
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

BlueRetro

• Tejano
  • Nolanville, TX
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 05:34:42 PM »

VTRex, my dad's got some easyouts that I could get for you no problem.  I'm in nolanville he's in belton.  If you aint got em from Hipshot yet and want to borrow some give me a holler 254-290-4065.

Joey
'06  1300R

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2007, 09:47:19 AM »

Big-A saved me!!!!! O0 O0 O0THANKS BIG-A O0 O0 O0 ;D ;D ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal