Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Now I understand "BADX is my friend"  (Read 1510 times)

Dusty

Now I understand "BADX is my friend"
« on: May 11, 2007, 08:00:24 AM »

I'm always hesitant to brag on a new product until it's been tested. Well, a few months back PhatC gave me his stock seat. I tried to buy it but he wouldn't go there. He, by the way is going to have one BAD Cranberries VTX Chopper when he finishes it.

Anyway, I wanted the seat to send to Allen (BadX) to install the medical grade foam in. I now have about 500 miles on it. When I first got it installed, I wasn't real impressed with it but decided to leave it on and give it a chance. I'm glad I did. I went for a ride late yesterday afternoon and while I was cruising with my feet propped up on the engine guard, the throttle lock on and laid back full tilt on the backrest, I suddenly realised how comfortable my butt was. I almost always have some degree of pain in my left hip and down my left leg when riding. Last night I had none. So I got out of my comfy position just to see and was pleasantly surprised how much more comfortable the seat was from when it was brand new.

The only problem I had was I had wanted studs and they didn't get put on. I blame myself for this more than Allen because I added the studs after he already had the seat so it wasn't on my initial instructions.  He offered to pay for me to ship it back so he could install the studs but I chose not to worry with it. Allen refunded the cost of the studs and then sent me the studs on top of that.

So, if anyone is looking to upgrade their seat at a reasonable cost, I highly recommend MeanCityCycles. I may even send him my Ultimate Bigboy so I can have my couch back.  ;D ;D ;D

SouthernXer

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • BRAD Allen, Texas
    • Me playing music
Re: Now I understand "BADX is my friend"
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2007, 08:16:42 AM »

Now that's GREAT customer service!   O0

snake

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • What a ride it's been!
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2007, 10:33:54 PM »

Dusty, I'll help you put the studs on at bbt if you want to...I've done many, and have a special tool for the stud prongs if it's the standard size studs...They are the ones a little smaller than a dime...the dime sized ones are the large ones. Let me know, I"ll bring my tool bag for leatherwork, and a staplegun with stainless staples to put the leather/vinyl back down with.
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

Dusty

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2007, 06:16:25 AM »

Dusty, I'll help you put the studs on at bbt if you want to...I've done many, and have a special tool for the stud prongs if it's the standard size studs...They are the ones a little smaller than a dime...the dime sized ones are the large ones. Let me know, I"ll bring my tool bag for leatherwork, and a staplegun with stainless staples to put the leather/vinyl back down with.

That would be great John if it's not too much trouble and you have room for the tools. It is the smaller studs.
Do you build saddle bags too?  J/K  ;D O0

snake

• What a ride it's been!
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2007, 06:49:40 AM »

I can sew them up if you have the material handy. Need some snaps to keep your collar down or to replace one that came apart? no prob.
     420! Yeah, baby!

sgtstever

• Master Tejano Rider
  • BOHICA
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2007, 08:52:18 PM »

I can sew them up if you have the material handy. Need some snaps to keep your collar down or to replace one that came apart? no prob.

Not only is he a great seamstress, but an AWESOME date for a ZZ Top concert too!! :-* :-*
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Dusty

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2007, 06:27:57 AM »

Not only is he a great seamstress, but an AWESOME date for a ZZ Top concert too!! :-* :-*

Not to mention, he knows some pretty good licks on the guitar too. Hopefully he's been oiling those rusty fingers.  O0

snake

• What a ride it's been!
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2007, 10:48:16 PM »

Actually, I haven't gotten around a guitar the whole time back from the Turkey Roost! I did put my harp in the trunk already though! ;D
     420! Yeah, baby!

murray_61

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Hobe Sound, FL
    • facebook
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2007, 11:05:34 PM »

Got my BadX modified seat in today.  I did the extreme modification with memory foam...  Took it for a 400 mile test run, and i thought I started to get just a little butt burn around 300 miles, but had to fuel up,so it went away, and noting before or after that, like riding on a cushion of air...  Also, Thanks! to Kenny for loaning me his stock seat while mine was away so I could still ride...

paperpeddler

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2007, 09:26:18 PM »

Hey Bill, you don't need to be a guest.  Email me some time Paperpeddler

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal