Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tutor needed before BBT  (Read 1167 times)

hookem

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Port Neches, Texas
Tutor needed before BBT
« on: May 09, 2007, 04:05:24 PM »

OK, I am tired of paying various stealers for something that I know I could do.  I am hesitant, however, due to numerous stories of dropped wrenches, being off tdc, etc. to attempt it for the first time on my own.  In short, it is time for a valve check/adjustment.  Anyone interested in being bribed?
Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.
Ronald Reagan

cybrhick

• Master Tejano Rider
  • The outcast
    • Hick Custom Machine Works
Re: Tutor needed before BBT
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 08:34:57 PM »

If you have the tools, and you can bring it here, I will babysit you.
Displaced Texan.

hookem

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Port Neches, Texas
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 12:27:08 AM »

What an incredible offer.  Only problem with that instance is that it would require an overnight trip to your neck of the woods.  If I do not get anyone locally, I will certainly take you up on the invite.
Ronald Reagan

Maw Maw

• Old Timer
  • Liberty Hill, TX
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2007, 04:37:39 AM »

Dwain, I think he is in the Houston area, but I have been wrong before. ;)
Pat
2004 VTX 1300

Dusty

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2007, 05:04:39 AM »

What an incredible offer.  Only problem with that instance is that it would require an overnight trip to your neck of the woods.  If I do not get anyone locally, I will certainly take you up on the invite.

Ride it to BBT. We can tear it down one afternoon, adjust it the next morning and have you on the road again in a couple of hours. I'm sure lots of folks would like to watch and there would be plenty of people that know how to do it. I know how, I just don't have the touch when it comes to getting my fingers down in there to get a good feel of the gauge.

hookem

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Port Neches, Texas
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2007, 04:00:34 PM »

Ride it to BBT. We can tear it down one afternoon, adjust it the next morning and have you on the road again in a couple of hours. I'm sure lots of folks would like to watch and there would be plenty of people that know how to do it. I know how, I just don't have the touch when it comes to getting my fingers down in there to get a good feel of the gauge.

This is exactly what I had hoped.  Except....I hate to miss out on those few hours of riding!!!!
Ronald Reagan

cybrhick

• Master Tejano Rider
  • The outcast
    • Hick Custom Machine Works
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2007, 07:09:36 PM »

This is exactly what I had hoped.  Except....I hate to miss out on those few hours of riding!!!!

Well, I know how too do the valve adjustments, but I ain't that dang fast at em'. I'd hate to see ya with your bike broke down all day while everyone else is riding.
Displaced Texan.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal