Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Seat and addon's  (Read 1504 times)

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
Seat and addon's
« on: April 23, 2007, 09:55:03 PM »

Got my new Ulitmate lowrider and forward control brackets on Saturday. Love'm, maybe. ::) Well the jury's still out in the seat, the backrest is great and the forward control brackets fit ok but had to do somethings that that pissed me off. I got the  Kuryakyn bracket set. Forget the instructions :-\, you just have to use your mechanical instincts. I have their hiway pegs and on the right side for one the brake fluid reservoir hose that didn't come with the kit makes your stock hose too short. Oh your stock will work but is up against you exhaust pipe, Second, on the right side also to make your hiway peg work you've got to go to the hardware store and get some 3/8 X 6 bolts, nuts, and flat washers to make it work. The bolts they give you to attach the brackets to the frame are allen head, 6mm, and I snapped 3 of the allen wrenchs trying to tighten them little scudders, Don't buy the Kuryakyn bracket set. :-\ :-\ :-\ So much for the brackets. I got the Uiltmate low rider and it sez you sit 1 inch lower and 1 inch forward. Bullshit O0 My lowers moved my legs 2 inchs forward and my lower pegs feel like their in the same place as they were before when I had the stock seat. All I'm trying to say is don't buy the Kuryakyn bracket set and if you get the Uiltimate Low Rider seat, be prepaired to extend your pegs at the same time O0 O0

And these are some addon's Bones made for me that are Great
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

SouthernXer

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • BRAD Allen, Texas
    • Me playing music
Re: Seat and addon's
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 11:01:32 PM »

Thanks for the heads up, Al.  I am planning on getting the J&P bracket kit instead of the Kury.  What did you end up doing with the brake hose?  Exhaust wrap or something? 

Seat looks great!  You'll get used to it.  Wait for a long ride and it should be like night and day in difference.  Your better half will definitely like the back seat more assuming she's not tooling around on her bike. 

I got dibs on your old cylinder covers.  Let me know what ya want for them.   O0

Muffmaster

• Old Timer
  • Selective Honesty is Not Lying
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 05:16:02 AM »

Send the brackets back and get the Lee's they come with everything you need and you can give suze her clothespin back!! ;D ;D ;D But seriously...sorry you had a bad experiance but I can't count the ones I've had in my learning curves! What's your inseam anyway? BC has the same seat and the Lee's, you should sit on his and see if the pegs aren't farther out.

Just my two pennys

Muff

hooter

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2007, 08:45:40 PM »

Thanks for the heads up, Al.  I am planning on getting the J&P bracket kit instead of the Kury.  What did you end up doing with the brake hose?  Exhaust wrap or something? 

Seat looks great!  You'll get used to it.  Wait for a long ride and it should be like night and day in difference.  Your better half will definitely like the back seat more assuming she's not tooling around on her bike. 

I got dibs on your old cylinder covers.  Let me know what ya want for them.   O0

As far as the covers go, I knew you wanted them and their yours. Their great covers, just wanted my name on mine. O0 O0 The brake hose got fixed for the moment with a clothes pin, you can see it in the pic's. Won't take much to extend the line, just shouda come in the kit. The seat, I love the back rest and I know the seat will become more comfee with a little time. Was great ride to Dallas Sunday, just put me a little more forward than advertised. :-\
Did ya have fun in Florida  8) 8)  O0 Catch any fish? When's the fry? :D :D

hooter

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2007, 09:10:07 PM »

I sat with the Lee's when they were on your bike and was paying more attention to the seat than the pegs. Lee's move them out and up, I don't want any up movement because that would put my hiway pegs to high to be comfortable, that's where my feet stay 89% of the time anytime anyway  O0 O0 I'm not goina sent'em back cause I'll just order chrome bolts I need for the pegs and bolts for the brackets and get rid of those cheesey 6mm allen heads as to get some tork for the brackets to the frame area. The location of the hiways are great and I do like that and the seat movement forward puts the handle bars in a better position for my arm length. All in all, everything I did was a good move. O0 Now to work on the springs and shocks  :D :D :D

SouthernXer

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • BRAD Allen, Texas
    • Me playing music
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2007, 07:19:29 AM »

As far as the covers go, I knew you wanted them and their yours. Their great covers, just wanted my name on mine. O0 O0 The brake hose got fixed for the moment with a clothes pin, you can see it in the pic's. Won't take much to extend the line, just shouda come in the kit. The seat, I love the back rest and I know the seat will become more comfee with a little time. Was great ride to Dallas Sunday, just put me a little more forward than advertised. :-\

Yep, had a blast.  My buddy and i caught a shitload of Spanish Mackerel.  We didn't have enough time to hit the really deep waters.  We are probably going to try to get down to Galveston again soon and go out there.  My Moms and Pops live in Beaumont so the trip is going to be way cheaper.   ;D
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 01:05:16 PM by SouthernXer »

HeadGuess

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Wills Point, Texas
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2007, 10:54:41 AM »

Looks great Hooter! Can't wait to see it in person.

hooter

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2007, 09:03:59 PM »

Yep, had a blast.  My buddy and i caught a shitload of Spanish Mackerel.  We didn't have enough time to hit the really deep waters.  We are probably going to try to get down to Galveston again soon and go out there.  My Moms and Pops live in Beaumont so the trip is going to be way cheaper.   ;D

That's great, glad y'all had a ball.  ;D O0 I've always liked fishing and have fished the intercoastal on Corpus a few times and the ship channel area on Galveston some and it kinda scared me to catch a fish cause not only did I not know what I had on the line and everything I caught had BIG FREEKIN SHARP TEETH  :o :o :o :o :o

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal